1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    A drummer never cries... Riko is a strong girl. She will prove this in the days to come. It was just that her life changed dramatically (as with all the other girls) as, apparently, she was asked to do things that she had no prior experience. She proved to be a fighter. To me her tears were tears of determination rather than frustration.

Also I need not leave without any comment, the great game of fate that is unfolding in front of our eyes: The older, the oneesan, the "clumsy" girl that is looking much less reliable than her younger peers. A girl with the same name as our beloved Rika - Revolution... Parallel fates? Who knows... The difference is that this Rika is already given a chance to prove herself. Ishimori is one of the sweetest presences I've seen so far (her TikTok short videos from her teenage years just overflow with cuteness). She HAS to succeed... She, among all the other girls in 3ki, is the one that seems to have been shocked more drastically from the change in her life after joining the group. So, I hope and pray for her, that her years in Sakurazaka will be happy, crazy and successfull...

Go Rika, Riko, Itoha (our first 1st row) and all the other 3ki: enjoy yourselves and live your lives in Sakurazaka46 to their fullest for the many many years to come...!

2. Bingo

Bingo Member

In the last episode at 10:17 they put the mosaic on Nakashima Yuzuki instead on the undisclosed member next to her. LOL They since reuploaded the video, fortunately she wore a mask, only her name was visible.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    @Jsprite Yup, formation was random pulling from the box. Even with the RNG, the two unrevealed girls were flanking the back row. I thought that was kind of interesting.

Looking forward to the next ep, I'd like to see how the interaction goes between the 3rd gen meeting 1st/2nd.

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@Philosophy Senpai -- "...the great game of fate that is unfolding in front of our eyes..."

Exactly. Wonderful videos. I'd like to know who's directing, filming, editing, interviewing to make them so good. Of course, it's the 3gens themselves who are so real and open and alive. Great stuff.

@Jsprite -- Yes, I think the formation was chosen by chance. Except maybe for the two blurred out members who were probably intentionally put on the back corners. Not putting Mio and Airi up front was a great thing, to give the group even more feeling of "we're all in this together". I really look forward to seeing the full BAN. It seems to be coming together.

@Dill -- I'm happier and happier they added these girls, too. So happy that I find myself updating my "Sakurazaka46 Member Chart" (link also in sig) to help me keep all the 3gens straight, as well as to catch up with the 1-2 gens. Hope the updated chart may be of use to others, too. Note the links to wiki, twitter, videos, etc. Work in progress. I just wish, as usual, that the official photos were better. A lot better.

Now to watch #5 again....

5. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Don't remind me! Every single time I wanna write about Miu I end writing Mio instead. It takes more time to go back and check who is whom than to write the posts lol

@ukifune I'm glad to read about the chart update! And, of course, about the surge of entusiasm because of 3ki. It's a great feeling to have.
    Also, yeah, those official pics are always a sore point lol

RUDE! How dare they do something like this to Yuzuki?? Unforgivable! :gavel:

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    『W-KEYAKI FES.2022 Director’s Cut Collections』

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  7. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I went looking for that Keyafest on CD Japan so I could throw money at S&F for another blu-ray concert box, but it turns out it's only a few songs from each day relegated to the blu-rays that will come with the fifth single Type-A and Type-B.

I guess we should be lucky to be getting these at all, but I wonder how management decides whose graduations get full releases (Akanen/Pe, Berisa, I'm sure Sugai will get one), while some concerts get digest versions on singles.

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The venue for the Omotenashikai, Pia Arena mm, in Yokohama (home page, Wikipedia), has a capacity of 10,000. I don't know if that's the only hall, or if it can be split smaller, but if they are playing their first concert to a crowd of 10,000, that's a big start, it seems to me. By far the biggest hall any of them have performed in, I guess. But if they can perform for Takahiro, perhaps they can perform for anyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Episode 6

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I'm not ashamed to admit the full Sakura pic is already my pc wallpaper at work :inlove:
    Loved the episode, the meeting between 1/2ki and 3ki was just too cute, I expected some 3ki to just faint there and there lol
    and YET!
    Riko didn't cry! :banana:
    She's gonna be great under pressure[hehe]

Yuzuki is growing on me a lot (she has Runa mouth and no one will ever convince me otherwise lol) but finger crossed for sweet Rika though, ganbaro!!!

Can't wait for their song and to see them fully as Sakura members :chuffed:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I can't wait for the (usually awkward yet funny) first introduction in SokoSaku! [hehe]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Takahiro emphasized in ep6 -- and the teachers emphasized earlier -- that they have to sing out as they dance. I remember all the criticism of early Keyakizaka for lip-synching their performances. It seems to me that changed later in Keyaki, and that it is is not true at all for Sakurazaka. Do I remember correctly?

I liked the look of the new girls in their practice outfits much more than in the "nice" clothes they wore in individual interviews in the documentary. They somehow looked like little girls wearing their mother's clothes, lol.

These 3gens really do seem to be admiring fans of Sakurazaka. The weeping makes me feel sorry for them, and yet the realness of the emotion is so attractive.

The members have long spoken of how stylish Karin's outfits are, and that was true in ep6, too. She stood out.

@Dill -- "the full Sakura pic is already my pc wallpaper".
    Is this like your image?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. neruneruko

neruneruko Kenkyuusei

I no longer follow Keyakizaka46 after Nagahama neru graduated and because of that I started following Hinatazaka46. I also don't really know the names of the members in 2nd generation except for the name of the center because I still watch their music videos on YouTube which always appear in recommended videos..

3 days ago, Sakurazuki music video appeared on my recommendation list and after watching it, I was amazed by their performance. this song is like bringing a new wind in this group. I never thought that Members of 2nd generation also have potential seeds like Morita Rena. So far I only know about Hikaru, Ten and Karin but after watching this I also started to be interested in the girl behind Rena, Ozono Rei is very stunning in this video. I hope that with the arrival of 3rd generation members, they will be able to find their true selves in this group. the cool and edgy concept in this group has faded and now it has become a artistic and beautiful. finally the cherry tree whose flowers have fallen for a long time has now produced new flower petals that are starting to bloom. one day I'm sure this group will grow into beautiful sakura trees..

"beyond the dark night of the sky, I can still see the cherry tree in full bloom.. that flower is the one I used to love.."

(sorry for my bad English xd)

• Like Like x 6
  14. welp

welp Next Girls

This is total bullshit. Whether the performer can sing live with choreography depends on 3 factors.

- Stage experience
    Some experiences will teach them how may they cut some corners and barely noticeable so, they can spare their breaths.

- Health
    They must rest well and regularly exercise, 5+ times weekly, roughly 2 hours each. Appropriate exercise also helps prevent injury and keep them in good shapes. Those in their teens will need less exercise.

- Choreography itself
    The choreography must be designed with consideration when the performers may take time to catch their breaths. Usually, only former idols are good in taking this into consideration. Those choreographers with pure dance experience and no singing must discuss with the idol if a particular move makes it hard to sing or if the choreography overall is too tiring to sing so they can adjust the choreography for sing-ability. It is more difficult for male choreographer to calculate the female idol's stamina as men are stronger.

To sing during dancing usually only works for stable breathing, less shaky voice, minimally improves stamina. For dance trainers/choreographer to tell the idol to do so for "live singing" just shows how clueless they are and they have no know-how to design singing friendly choreography.

If performers jumping around/making big torso movement yet, their voices sound stable, that is a sign of lip-sync/loud backing track. It is not practical. If there is no heavy pant after a powerful dance piece too, that is 100% lip-sync, not just backing track. Unlikely, more than 10 members can sing live at a time as the setting for the mic signal will be too complicated.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    That very image :chuffed: I hope they repost it somewhere when the last two girls are revealed because those blurry ghost are a little weird lol
    I too remember a never ending discussion about lip-synching, I hope it's not coming back. But I also remember that is a must for the girls to really sing even when shoting MV or it would be quite obvious they're just moving their mouth... this too started back with Keyaki.
    Agree about the clothes, but I'm the last person on earth who can judge fashion. I think 3ki will get better though, it's their first "interview" after all.

@neruneruko welcome (back) and thanks for those beautiful words. :chuffed:

16. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    First of all let me state that I am completely ignorant about anything technical on dance and singing. I can understand the crude qualities of a nice voice of course and I do enjoy a (fierce usually) choreography (that is why Masatsukeishu is my top Sakura song so far) but that's all.

But that is the reason that I was always awed with Keyaki and now Sakura whenever I was considering the possibility that they danced and sang at the same time...

A female friend told me a couple of years ago, when I was evangelizing Keyakizaka to my friends' circle, that lip-syncing is not working so well when your dance moves are great/violent. We were watching Keyaki Republic 2017 at that time and it was during Fukyouwaon. For her it looked more probable that the girls were singing (their parts only) properly and then the whole thing was overimposed to the actual recorded singing (plus maybe some kind of autotune or something). She wasn't however, absolutely certain.

As for me it makes no difference. I only understand that their task is huge... Proof of that is their heavy breathing at lives when, after a series of songs ends, they start the MC part. This speaks volumes of how exhausted they are.

So what @welp is trying to explain doesn't sound irrelevant. To the contrary it makes a lot of sense to me at least (if we ignore the bull$h1t part, of course, something that I consider sacrilege when we're speaking about the greatest choreographer at least for his area of involvement). That is why it would make more sense, at least for me, to hear if he/she has some kind of experience on these things. Just to put more emphasis (and weight) to what he/she explained...

• Like Like x 2
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

As I understood it, in ep6 of the documentary, Takahiro was talking about singing with emotion so the emotion would come through to the audience, not necessarily saying that would be all the vocal sound the audience heard. I think that in early Keyaki, most members were singing in performances, but we didn't hear much of it over the recorded voices. It seems to me that in later performances we heard their own voices, as I think we do with Sakura -- although perhaps the recorded voices are there, too, in many cases.

I hasten to add that I, too, have no direct knowledge, just what I have gathered from watching idol performances over the years, and reading comments in English and Japanese. It was Japanese commenters, mainly, who lambasted early Keyaki for not singing in performance but just lip-synching.

I certainly see the point that it is hard to sing well and dance violently at the same time. But Keyaki/Sakura idols do seem to be athletes, as well as entertainers, so they may be able to do it better than most. Although individuals may or may sing very well or very loudly.

In any case, I am loving these documentaries. A treasure.

18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    [Vlog] Go To Sakura Journey ~Visiting famous cherry blossom spots across the country, sometimes eating in Miyazaki~

Sakurazaka 46 members wait for the arrival of spring, talk about cherry blossom spots, talks unique to spring, talk about their 5th single "Saugetsu", etc. along with recommended places and food, Sakura trip! The Miyazaki edition will be delivered by captain Rina Matsuda and Rena Moriya from the "Saugetsu" center!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
  20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Episode 7