1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[3/11] Earthquake & tsunamis in Japan (all x48 are ok)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by delerium, Mar 11, 2011.

1. z3144228

z3144228 Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH113NEpY0k[/yt]

A tale of friendship

2. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    According to the local paper where I'm at, the European Union Energy Commissioner Guenther Oettinger was commenting on the Japanese nuclear disaster with:
    "There is talk of an Apocalypse and the word is particularly well chosen."
    "Practically everything is out of control."

However, after reading
    -err, i can't find it anymore, but it explained everything-
    and feeling a bit convinced... I just can't help but be pissed off with everything circulating.
    I think it's better to just wait and see when everyone has started to reflect on what happened and put it down on proper textbooks or history journals... unless something else happens.

... yep, hence my point. :fp:

3. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Found a write up on the group's donation towards the relief efforts:

http://kotaku.com/#!5782421/sony-and-ni ... e-by-idols

It's weird how AKB managed to donate more than the 2 big firms so it makes you think whether or not the girls are actually paid well or not.

Oh well... at least funds are being made towards the relief which is what really matters [clap]

4. oddball

oddball Member

Yes definalt a big effort but the company and the girls to give so much to the aid effort, I suppose it's not particulary important how much they are paid but more about how much they raised

Intresting to see the Emperor go onto tv, for him to do that things must still be very serious, especially at the Fukishima plant

5. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

6. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    I just wanted to comment that you're misusing the facepalm smiley...
    It heavily implies that them canceling it is a stupid move in your opinion and I'm kinda hoping that's not what you think....

7. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

Yeah your right, sorry I didn't consider the meaning of a facepalm smiley before using it, thanks for pointing it out.

8. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

............... I NEED TO BE THERE. T___T

I know human life are important, and I was taught that *If you are willing to support others, then the one that is supported more is yourself* (Hard to explain, but just follow)... So, even if it's the most selfish thing in the world I need to be there helping...
    I can't even help here but I need to help there. =/

9. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

.......... DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN.............

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaX3etc1QO8[/yt]

10. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

Even after having confirmed that all my friends who are in Japan (and surrounding areas) are safe, there is still a sense of unease. Worldwide news reports differ and from reading accounts of people in Japan, being able to know the true story is a bit hard.
    In my own city there is one nuclear power plant and the current reality is allowing those in power to reconsider authorising any more.

Nonetheless, it's so depressing to read and see the news...
    We can do so much more...
    Strength to Japan!

11. albusdumb

albusdumb Member

a friend of a French forum to say: a lesson in humanity :cry:

12. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

There is a post in the video saying it was confirmed both of them were rescued, any info on any place on that?. [sweat] [sweat] [sweat] [sweat]

UPDATE:
    From ohmidog.com:

An unconfirmed report states the two dogs have been rescued. Kenn Sakurai, whose Facebook page describes him as the president of a Japanese pet food company who is helping with the rescue of animals, reports on Facebook that the two dogs have been rescued:

“We have already got these dog … Both dogs brought to Mito, Ibaraki. One is staying at the vet clinic and the brown and white one is at the shelter,” he wrote.
    https://www.facebook.com/kenn.sakurai1/ ... 7716345148

PS2: Would the earth please stop moving down here in Chile while I'm searching for the links?, Thank you very much.

13. albusdumb

albusdumb Member

With this sentence he meant that these dogs took care of each other.
    And sometimes that some humans have a lesson to be taken.

14. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

15. albusdumb

albusdumb Member

sorry , a mistake.
    Me too I'm worried for the dogs, I worried for all in Japan especially for people in North and who wok in Fukushima

16. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

We have sooo much to learn from the animals...

If you don't mind...( :!: RANT WARNING :!:)
    IMHO Mr Oettinger is just an absolute DICKHEAD. One week ago he wasn't concerned about the safety of the european nuclear power stations (like most of the politicians that rule our countries). And now...everybody is in a hurry planning tests for all the stations like a earthquake with a 9.0 magnitude and a tsunami would happen tomorrow. Meanwhile people are missing, ill or homeless, but OF COURSE now is more important to talk, talk and talk (well, there is some time to panic the world, too). They should be planning how to help Japan, and they are only thinking about their asses. I really hate this kind of people... [flip] I beg you to forgive my frankness, but I had to say it...

17. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

I don't know if this is as the text says but... *____*

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-BQP5PFtm8[/yt]

From lovemeow.com:

A woman returned to her house that was devastated by the earthquake and tsunami to look for her cat.
    She was shocked by the damage in the house as she was rummaging through the rubble. While she was talking to the reporter, a miracle happened. Her cat came out from the stairs and started meowing.
    Non-non the cat was hiding upstairs when the tsunami hit. The little one survived.
    Though the kitty was still a little shaking and overwhelmed by the whole disaster and afraid to come back downstairs, it was absolutely heart-warming and hopeful to know that Non-non made it safe.

Rough Translation:
    Woman told the reporter “That’s my house.” She was wondering where her cat is.
    The reporter followed her into the house. They saw a large tree trunk in the room through the window.
    Later the reporter heard the woman saying “The cat is alive!” She said that she heard the cat meowing upstairs. Her cat’s name is Non-non.

=====================================
    PS:

Please "spend" 4 minutes and 3 seconds of your life and watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5g5GMjg6Ww

18. Sorceress628

Sorceress628 Kenkyuusei

I saw an article on AKB48 and their fundraising efforts in my local Chinese newspaper in NYC.

The world's taking notice!

19. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

20. Madcat2020

Madcat2020 Kenkyuusei

Got a link????

BTW I am very suprise to know thar manga is still publish even this disaster happen. Japan is still in high in spirit. Salute Japan!!!