1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Research Student Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 Kenkyuusei' started by RocketStarLauncher, Oct 8, 2008.

1. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

Memolist updated with all the 12th gens names and positions.

たのゆうか → 渡辺麻友(竹内美宥)
    すずきりか → 宮崎美穂(島田晴香)
    サイードよこたえれあ → 小森美果(森杏奈)
    たかはしじゅり → 石田晴香(入山杏奈)
    ひらたりな → 鈴木まりや(阿部マリア)
    おおもりみゆう → 平嶋夏海(山内鈴蘭)
    むとうとむ → 北原里英(仲俣汐里)
    いわたかれん → 柏木由紀(大場美奈)
    ささきゆかり → 近野莉菜(中村麻里子)

and for those of you who can't read japanese:

Tano Yuuka -> Watanabe Mayu
    Suzuki Rika -> Miyazaki Miho
    Saeed-Yokota Erena -> Komori Mika
    Takahashi Juri -> Ishida Haruka
    Hirata Rina -> Suzuki Mariya
    Oomori Miyuu -> Hirajima Natsumi
    Mutou Tomu -> Kitahara Rie
    Iwata Karen -> Kashiwagi Yuki
    Sasaki Yukari -> Chikano Rina

I'm actually really surprised Miyuu's not a front girl instead of Tomu, but this kind of nonsense always happens in AKB48 lol.

It was the first performance for Suzuki Rika, Takahashi Juri and Hirata Rina. (everyone else had already performed Zensa Girls)

EDIT: also, I find it interesting that there's no one from 12th gen in Candy (yet), especially with Shihorin gone.

2. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ It's possible that they were training a 12th gen girl for the Candy center position but she quit, and they didn't have time to get one of other girls to do it. From what I'd seen up until now, Sasaki Yukari looks to be quite popular, so I'm disappointed she's in Chikano's position. Maybe they'll put her in Candy.

Oh and apparently the Hirata girl is like fluent at English and lived in America when she was younger, and her nickname is Hillary :D

Can't wait for the LOD :wktk:

3. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

Oh, that's interesting. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of her.

4. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

Saeed got Komorin's position?! In Arashi!! OH MAN!!!
    I'm dying to see how it turned out. I'm so far impressed by all their vocals so there's no reason I should hate the LOD audio wise.

5. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Finally. We've got a new Myao. :awesome:

6. chiyuki

chiyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    QFT.

I was so happy when I read that tbh.
    Can't wait for the LOD!

7. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    TANO YUUKA. [rock]

Poor miyuu baby, I was hoping to see more of her ;_; but YUH Tomu! I think she's like, the cutest of them all >_< she's terrible but so was Nau. THAT WON'T STOP ME :^O^:

Also AAAAAAAH A KKS WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH? YESYESYES.

8. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi
    I approve. :^O^:

9. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

D: Marin is an amazing Myao.

10. Naomi

It's nothing against her personally, I just don't think her voice is suited for it. She's not bad performance-wise, though. If you mute it, she's not half bad. xD

I really don't like Marina's voice, so I've wanted a new Myao for a while now. I just hope Rika's actually suited for it. I've never liked any of the kenkyuusei in Arashi no Yoru ni wa except for Ranran and Shimada pleasedonthitme, so I hope she does it justice.

11. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    :awesome:

I agree that the vocals have been lackluster overall though x_x I think the only voices I've been completely okay with have been Nau's and Nanchan's. Even Ranran was kind of disappointingly weak. ;_;

So yeah I'm trying not to have high expectations since they usually suck in Arashi.
    BUT IT'D BE NICE IF THIS RIKA GIRL DOESN'T SUCK SO HARD. yup.

12. Naomi

:fear:

I didn't mean that Shimada was a good singer, I just meant that my ears didn't bleed when hearing her in it. XD I guess despite being a horrible singer, I don't mind her voice most of the time. Unless it's in Romance Kakurenbo.

Yeah, thinking back on it, Ranran wasn't that great. xD And I forgot about Nau since I've only seen her in it once, but she was good.

It's sort of hard to compare to the original vocals when Natsuki's in it. xD

13. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

but =< Haru's candy is adorable <3

14. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    ^ FGEHWIOGEHROIG IT IS IT IS <3 <3 <3

but lol, her in arashi [hehe]

15. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi
    ok, after watching the intro, I had posted it on the depoy thread thinking it was here xD so reposting:

aaaah I do love them ; A;

16. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    I'm late to 12th gen lol. ;_;

anyways, thoughts on their intros:

Yuuka: SHE'S JUST THE BEST ALREADY. NUFF SAID. she seriously gives me yui vibes, in a good way. I'm digging it.
    Rika: she's cute but LOLOLOL YOU GUYS. I noticed after Yuuka introduced herself, she just kind of stood there with her arms at her sides, not realizing she had to clap.
    [​IMG]
    I found this to be way too hilarious. Just saying. Awkward children <3
    Erena: She's cute too. That top looks awful on her, though. >_<
    Juri: YOU ARE A DERP. She's a derp. And I think she kind of has Kuumin's crossed eyes thing going on. Ufufu.
    Rina: YOOOOOOU *_____* :cute: she's adorable oh my GOD. though is anybody else distracted by the fact that she's missing a tooth?
    Miyuu: YUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [rock] [rock] [rock] I just love her already lol
    Tomu: ...IT'S MASANA. THAT'S WHO I SEE. I think. Maybe. Anyways I still think Tomu's adorable >:l
    Karen: KAREN STILL BE CUTE. Continue on, Karen. And she kind of rocked that MC for a girl debuting.
    Yukari: Still Nanchan. Yup.

girls I'm especially interested in: Yuuka, Rina, Miyuu, Tomu. Maybe Juri. (HALF THE GENERATION. [I'M ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN ALL OF THEM ANYWAYS.])

Edit: wait wait wait ADORABLE RINA IS THE ONE WHO CAN SUPPOSEDLY SPEAK ENGLISH?
    OKAY

17. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

AAAAAHHH JUST WATCHED THE INTROS.

Yuuka: So adorable. HER FACE. HER FACE IS SO GREAT.
    Rika: I'm not... quite fond of her yet? We'll see.
    Erena: I LOVE THIS GIRL. SHE'S SO ADORABLE. ;A;
    Juri: She reminds me of a cross between Kuumin & Kaorin from SKE. In other words she's gorgeous. *A*
    Rina: Awh. She looks like a mouse. BUT A REALLY CUTE MOUSE. I MEAN THIS ENDEARINGLY. <3
    Miyuu: AAAHHHHH OH MY WORD. OH MY WORD. HER HAIR. HER HAIR IS ADORABLE. I LOVE HER.
    Tomu: She looks fairly... sophisticated? Kind of like a Sakiko-esque idol. Her hair looks really nice-- I wonder what products she uses. (lol DON'T JUDGE ME)
    Karen: Still adorbs.
    Yukari: I... don't see Nanchan like everyone else. At all. >_> I feel like I'm missing something. BUT HER NOSE IS LOVELY.

12th gen looks so promising. *__* <3 I think Juri is my favourite just by intros, but we'll see how that goes in a few weeks/months.

18. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

WHAT THE LOD IS OUT?! ;=; gotta watch now. I'll post my thoughts after.

edit: after watching the intros. I've got to say they're all so cuute!

I love that random Erena fan that was screaming. Hirata is missing a tooth [wonder] and looks really different than her picture. My favourites are Karen, Kaneko-look alike, Erena and Miyuu.

Tomu totally looks like Oya.

19. yumestarlet

yumestarlet Kenkyuusei

YAY, LOD!

Alright, so after watching the performance~

Hatsukoi konnichiwa: Yuuka's cute, but kinda underwhelming for me. She did fine, and I don't have any real complaints or anything, she's a fine performer, she just doesn't stand out to me. She did a LOT better than a lot of the other newbies.

Arashi: Wh... what in the world just happened here? :rofl: Arashi always strikes me as a more, uh, mature song, and... that was, uh, something. Squeaky voices everywhere, and, the dancing was, uh... .. okay, okay. I'm just gonna say it. It was pretty terrible. The girls themselves weren't TOTALLY awful, but this song was just not meant for them. I still like Erena, and I like Rina's voice, just... not this performance. Rika made a better Myao than Marina, but to me, that position will never really work for anyone other than Myao and Chikarina. Anyway, I'm going to go and pretend that never happened.

Locker Room Boy: Oh... Tomu. You, uh. You. ... anyway, Takahashi Juri is ADORABLE. ADORABLEADORABLE. And poor Miyuu. I was really hoping she was going to get a front girl position, I would've loved to hear her voice more-- I loved her Romance Kakurenbo! Yukari was kinda just stuck in the back there, too, so I can't say much about her.

Yoake: I see a little bit of Kinoshita Yukiko in Karen. That comment... says nothing about her performance, haha. She has a pretty voice. Her performance was good as far as emoting goes, too.

12th gen girls I'm interested in so far: Juri, Erena, Miyuu. And maybe Rina.
    Juri is so freaking cute, seriously. SU~MILE FOR YOU! And... did Erena apologize for her name in her line for Team B Oshi? I kinda died laughing.

Also, Marina is WAY more tolerable in Candy, in comparison to Arashi. Like... WAY more. I'm almost impressed. [hehe]

20. Mixi

Mixi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    As far as I'm concerned, Karen's performance of Yokaze no Shiwaza is the best I've ever heard. This gen is so promising. :)