1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Re: THE STAGE48 post dump!

Whoops... [hehe]

Speaking of which, I wonder how strongly devoted you are to other aspects of good ol' Aussie culture, then. AFL? Backyard cricket? A hot summer BBQ with your mates + boxes of VB, a swarm of flies attacking your bangers and steak lamb? :awesome:

2. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

I mean people who live overseas, "Australian" is a nationality, not a race.

3. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

Yeah I know. I'm technically part of that nationality, you see... [hehe]

4. umechanhai

umechanhai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuzixuan

Vegemite with butter on toast is amazing <3 You have to have butter with it.

Yeah people have to have an acquired taste towards it, you either love it or hate it.

5. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi

In a similar topic, I always cut long pasta like spaghetti in small pieces before eating, and everyone tells me if I did this in Italy they'd kill me :fear: how bad is it? xD

6. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

^
    pretty bad lol. Parents use to do it for their 3 year old kids. It's really bad manners to do it when you're an adult.

Also, people, be ready to be surprised: it's EXTREMELY bad manners to use a spoon alongside the fork when you eat spaghetti. XDDDD I see that a lot of foreigners use spoons to help roll the spaghetti around the fork. I really wince when it happens.

7. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ I don't use a spoon. I just slurp up the spaghetti. It's no fun eating spaghetti "normally". Pfft. :awesome:

8. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

I usually just use a fork (OR CHOPSTICKS :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: )

I would never use a spoon in my other hand for spaghetti because two hands? No thanks.

9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

So I guess that cutting the spaghetti up with the knife must be quite sacrilegious... :whistle:

10. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

/°O°\

I like all kinds of pasta shapes (hello I'm Italian XD although I don't eat pasta everyday) and short pasta is much easier to eat and more convenient to carry in a lunchbox, but there are times I really crave for spaghetti. The "fork rolling" gesture is, like, primordial instinct to us lol XDDDD.

I kinda want to make a food thread and post recipes XD

(Rule #1: if your pasta has cream in it, then it's not Italian - we almost NEVER use cream on pasta XD)

11. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

Interesting. Does that apply to all forms of pasta as well (e.g. penne, fettucine, gnocchi)? It'd be a bit difficult to eat gnocchi/ravioli without a spoon as an aid, though :^^;:

WHAT!? What about carbonara, then? Or, surely there's somewhere in Italy that uses cream in their pasta, if not in Roma region itself...
    Does that mean all this time, those creamy pasta sauces I've tried over my whole life is not actually proper Italian cuisine? :panic:

Kinda like chopsticks being stuck ("stabbed into") the middle of a bowl of rice, really. A huge no-no in Chinese culture.

12. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

ARE YOU SERIOUS???
    Carbonara DOESN'T need cream to make its texture creamy. In fact, cream ruins it D:
    the egg, and the starch released by pasta while it boils, are more than enough to give it the perfect texture.

not at all. you just stick your fork into them XDDDD
    I can't imagine a way to eat them with a spoon, on the other hand.

No. Cream is something Americans added because if they don't add unnecessary fat and calories they're not happy.
    There are only TWO italian pasta recipes that use cream. Salmon cream pasta, and a pasta that was in vogue in the eighties with mushrooms, peas and cream.

exactly.

13. frenchymelody

frenchymelody Kenkyuusei

• The post dump is talking about a subject that is SO accurate with what I just ate :awesome:
      (how the hell can people use a spoon ? o__o I'm way too clumsy to use one. Good news it's bad manners :XD: Better to roll as much as you can around the fork and fill your mouth completely 8D *and not being able to talk or react during like five minutes xD*)

14. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

:rofl: :rofl: now, if only they'd deep fry their pasta, then it would become truly American... :hehe:

15. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

Man... mind blown. Then there are a countless number of restaurants (especially down at our city's Italian-based areas) and my home economics/cooking class teacher that have probably violated this rule :lol: . I have rarely ever seen carbonara made here that does NOT use cream...

Ah yes, salmon cream pasta. Can't imagine that using a marinara/Napolitana-based tomato sauce, or plain olive oil. [hehe]
    I also heard (can't remember where, I think it was during one of Jamie Oliver's cooking shows) that thinner pasta tends to go better with tomato-based sauces (because its thinner surface area soaks up the sauce better?) and fatter ones with cream-based sauces. Although now that you've pretty much killed most of what I imagined as Italian cream sauces, I'm not sure what to think anymore... :^^;:

I just had spaghetti bolognaise for dinner... strange, huh :awesome:

With lots and lost of cheese. Oh, and fries with that, too. :rofl:
    Speaking of this, has anyone here tried that KFC Double-Down around your area (2x fried chicken "sandwich")? Definitely a "tried it once for novelty's sake - not really up for it again though" experience.

16. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I feel like my life has been a lie.

First my smilies don't show up on MSN, now cream is not Italian.

Actually, I never paid attention to cream and if it was Italian or not. xD Sounds better without cream, to be honest, although I don't know if I've ever had it before.

Speaking of forks, I can't eat soup with a spoon. Everyone thinks I'm weird for eating soup with a fork, but I can't get the damn noodles to stay on the spoon! D: THIS IS WHY THEY NEED TO SELL SPORKS. :hmm:

The only time I'll eat soup with a spoon is if it's Chicken & Stars or something. :hehe:

17. frenchymelody

frenchymelody Kenkyuusei

• From now, any tuesday will be called "The S48 pasta day" :awesome:

Next time I will challenge my sister to eat her soup with a fork, that will be interesting, since we never do that. Gotta film this too :hehe:

18. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

you know what's funny?
    I ate a hamburger for lunch. :rofl:

we don't eat long pasta/noodles in soups, but tiny shapes of pasta made especially for soup, so it's totally easier to use spoons. XDDD

19. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Just pick the bowl up and drink it directly like you do with ramen :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

(no, I don't do that [hehe] )

20. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

:hehe: [hehe] :rofl:

I only eat spaghetti with a fork, I enjoy chicken curry with a spoon and everything else I eat with my hands (safe soups and such).