1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[Musical] DUMP SHOW! (AKB48 & SDN48)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kay, May 9, 2011.

?

What SDN48 member's participation are you most excited for?

1. Chen Qu

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  2. Umeda Haruka

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Urano Kazumi

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  4. Ohori Megumi

22 vote(s)
    51.2%
  5. Kato Mami

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    The Watanabe girls (Asuka, Shiichan, and N) will be on N at 10:25 AM. So... like in an hour.

(Just FYI, I'm posting their pictures till I find all of them... just missing 6/27 of them..)

Attached Files:

2. Criss

Criss Member

Also called "Push Up Show" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh my...Is Wonder Bra a sponsor or what? :wtf: :XD: :awesome: Like Kuramoshi, she sure looks so... prominent. :^^;:

3. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^My thoughts exactly. Her and Ohori. I haven't seen those from them before.

PON was bleh. They showed some performance clips (from the press conference), most of which we've seen. They asked the girls a few (history?) questions, and then they had Mocchi bite Oya's arm and Oya got to beatbox. Amina wasn't present and Natsuki didn't get to showcase an abilty.

Naturally since I have nothing better to do, I'm finding more information... A good review with one notable thing: SDN members center some songs.

http://blog.moeru-movie.com/?eid=993075

Also: the characters!

Asuka/Amina: "Haruka," the owner's granddaughter (student)
    Shiichan/Natsuki: "Akane," Haruka's childhood friend (ramen shop worker)

Ohori: "Rurika," female pro-wrestler
    CinDy: "Hikaru," a rich person family's daughter
    Umeda: "Machi," a professional dancer
    Mami: "Shizue," an office lady
    Chen Qu: "Bin Bin," a chinese convenience store clerk

Hasagawa Momo: "Jerina Jori," (Angelina Jolie?) a dancer
    Erika Sato : "Zeta Jonzu," (Catherine Zeta-Jones) a dancer
    37☆(SANA): "Meron Diasu," (Cameron Diaz?) a dancer

NANA (MAX): "Leila," a previous dancer at "Trash"
    Nishina Hitomi: "Ayaka," Haruka's older sister, a high school teacher

Nishioka Tokuma: a local business man

4. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Oh god, Shii-chan!!! :nb: :nb: :nb: :nb: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

/dies

I agree with Blu-Cherri about Shii-chan, being sexy is not really part of her character and is something quite new to her, so she really has to work at it and learn it. She's dong quite well, though, IMO.

I ~really~ want this to be released on a DVD. Seriously, I can't wait anymore~

Kay

5. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    So, I've had TONS of extra time, so I've been going through EVERY (and I do mean that) web page that mentions "DUMP SHOW." I've been looking for reviews and spoilers for the most part, and haven't been that successful, especially with my terribly non-existant Japanese skills. The most I'm finding is that everyone likes the show, and it might be too short (90 minutes), Ohori apparently has a really big role (as does CinDy to an extent), Umeda is a good dancer (as though we didn't know), and it sounds like they're all original songs. I've seen a bunch of requests for a CD and a bunch of people saying they'd buy a DVD.

Anyone planning on going with a recording device?

EDIT:

Rumor has it that there are only 3 songs?

6. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    PON. The girls appear at 6:55.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PYF_ml9FWM[/yt]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Thanks for all the clips, pics and details :D

It's pretty clever that sdn girls do all the really provocative moves, but it's not massively obvious it's only them doing those ones.
    Ah so excited about this, especially seeing those performance clips in the latest pon.

8. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

All original songs, huh? Interesting. I want to hear them now~

Kay

9. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

So I went to both Mocchii shows yesterday, mainly for seeing the members off at the end, but here is a bit about the play:

STORY
    Mocchiis deceased grandmas club Trash is gonna be bought out by the businessman but she doesnt want it to be sold so she takes the challenge to make it a working club again in a month with the help of her friend Shiichan. They audition for dancers, and Umechan, Mami, Cindy and Chen come. All the SDN members are pretty much playing themselves. Umeda gets angry that theres no pay after Meetan comes late because of a `hard wrestling match` and leaves, but comes back later after being promised she can do the choreography.

They end up showing their progress to the businessman, and they are pretty much like idols, with cute costumes made by Cindy. They sing Stardust Step (real title unknown) here, but the businessman says the whole thing is crap and they are never gonna sell like this. After that the girls dont know what to do and only Chen is showing up to lessons, when one day, Leila (a dancer from the old days of the club) comes and introduces them to pole dancing, along with the 3 characters with weird names. Eventually all of the other members come back except for Mami. After some lessons, Mami does come back to say that pole dancing is too much for her, especially because her boyfriend is very protective, but then Leila convinces her that she should do it.

After more lessons, they are all tired and dont want to do more. Leila gets angry and reveals that Umeda never actually became a big pro dancer in Tokyo like she said she was, which turns into a heartwarming moment where everyone reveals they lied. Cindys Dads company went bankrupt so she isnt rich anymore and is cutting fish at a supermarket, Mami was dumped by her boyfriend who was actually a married man, Chen did sleep with her ex-boyfriend to get him to make the songs and Meetan was never actually a pro wrestler - she just said it as a funny joke because she showed up late but everyone took it seriously so she just continued on. Leila thinks this is good, because the meanings of Dump Show are 1. the customers throw away the days sweat and tiredness and 2. the performers throw their old `selves away.

They are now only hours away from opening, and are doing the last rehearsal. This is where they sing the sexy song. However near the end there is a big bang caused by someone purposely crashing a truck into the building (the stage change here is pretty cool). The businessman says it was probably one of his enemies in the town. Everyone is sad at first and want to delay the show, but Mocchii wants it to go on. Leila agrees and says there is now a third meaning to Dump Show, with there being a real dump truck.

The real show starts, and they sing Dump Show. The end.

THOUGHTS/COMMENTS
    - It was pretty fun, nothing amazing but fun.
    - The songs arent bad either. I would like recordings.
    - There isnt that big of a difference in the roles of the 48 members. Everyone has their chance to shine. I feel that the bigness of Oya/Natsuki role isnt much different than the SDN members.
    - Nearly all of Meetans lines got laughs. Shes so amazing ;_; She has this thing during the show where she says tthaaank youuuu in English in her tone of voice and it makes up one of the best lines of the show:

Leila: But you do do well on that pole. You are pretty sexy.
    Meetan: Thaank youuuu
    Leila: How old are you?
    Meetan: Noo thank youu

Its probably better in the show, but yeah, it was funny.
    - Meetan, Mami and Umechan were the best poledancers out of 48 from what I could see.

Throw out any questions you want to ask. I am probably going to go see the Amina show sometime too.

10. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Wow! Thanks so much for that! The story seems interesting. I have a few questions, though. About how many songs are there? I'm assuming since they are wearing the sexy outfits as well, the Mocchi/Shii-chan characters decide to become dancers too? Is there any explanation for this? I guess they just want to help out to make the business thrive again. Also, I know they will probably only be sold at the show, but were the goods sold in a limited amount?

I have to admit I'm a little worried with the storyline because it seems like more of a SDN show, but it seems like an interesting show. I'll probably need to see it performed to be fully impressed/understand it better.

Kay

11. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Ahh! Awesome. Thanks, Jasey! A couple of questions...

- How many songs were there? And maybe (very) brief descriptions? Also, are there lots of solo lines for (Oya/Natsuki) the girls? I think that's really all I care about.
    - How many costumes are there per girl? We've seen the "DUMP SHOW" costumes, but are there others? Are the promo costumes used? Which ones are?
    - Does Chen Qu ever speak Chinese, or do the blogs I've read just like to point out that she's Chinese?
    - How were the acoustics? I can't tell if it's either really hard to hear the girls talk, or it's really easy.
    - Do you know what is in the pamphlet? I've only seen that each girl gets a page with pictures and a couple questions.

Sorry for asking so much. Feel free to not answer any of them! My fandom is currently all about DUMP SHOW! as of late, since nothing else really pertains to me.

Attached Files:

12. jinbaoyin48

jinbaoyin48 Kenkyuusei

So is ok to say that akb or sdn girls actually share equal weight in terms of dance and vocal?
    regarding the songs...which 48 members actually impress you with their live vocal?...or there isn't any solo lines for you to make judgement.
    one question outside of the 48 family if you don't mind...which role does MAX's nana plays?
    thank you...

13. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Jasey, thanks for the writeup! Sounds like a really nice show. I hope it's gonna be released.

Also thanks for all the info and pics, Sean. I admire your dedication.

14. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^"Dedication," "Unhealthy Obsession," They're very similar.

She's Leila/Reira.

15. jinbaoyin48

jinbaoyin48 Kenkyuusei

oh you actually mention it already before a few post earlier :fp: ...many thanks...so how high a chance is this going to be released?...do they actually put musical onto dvd?...i hope it happen...

16. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Awesome review Jasey, thanks for the synopsis. Now for the important question...did you get any Meetan pics???

BTW, what is wrong with it being an SDN type of production??? I say the more SDN, the better. You non-believers should all should check out the AKB experiences thread. Pretty much EVERYONE who gets the chance to see SDN leaves the theater as a convert.

Anyway, I am so glad our precious Tan was so good in the show. Now I will sit and wait impatiently for the DVD release.

17. jinbaoyin48

jinbaoyin48 Kenkyuusei

I can't help but agree 101%...after watching them perform in singapore...it left behind such impressive memories...and their strength in vocal and dance were so well balanced between the members...you can't spot any pushovers in any split second...with people complaining their fav. members might be switching from AKB to SDN...probably SDN fans will start complaining whether those switching over are capable of performing up to the SDN standard...in my opinion is a few notches above AKB...

18. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Some random stuff...

Memolist did a little re-cap/re-view thing for DUMP SHOW! Nothing exciting, from what I can see...
    http://akb48.blog48.fc2.com/blog-entry-5118.html

Also, in my search for information, I found some stuff about the songs. There are three, but we can't be sure of the names...

スターダストステップ / 星屑 / SDS (Stardust Step)
    - Starts with "Haruka" and "Akane," then (for the second verse?) adds Umeda, Mami, CinDy, and Chen, and finally there's all six of them. (No Ohori?)
    艶やかなやつ (Tsuyayaka na Yatsu)
    - ?
    DUMP SHOW
    - Used at the end. Says "dump" a lot?

19. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    I think much like me, Kay is just worried about how much of a 'main part' Shiichan has since it was advertised that the double cast girls were the main role but it's looking less like that now.(and looks more even and fair)(I think Kay thinks this because they didn't say 'type' of production but that it's more of an sdn show)
    Nothing wrong with that and am sure the show is still amazing but when you expected more of your oshi you can't help but be a little sad.

unless that was a response to a different post >.>

20. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Sorry, I should have answered sooner. Blu-Cherri is correct. I was just wondering because it seems like it was advertised as a AKB show feat. SDN and from Jasey's post it seems more like a SDN show feat. AKB. It just seems like the advertisement was wrong (and they were just using the AKB girls as marketing because they are the bigger/more recognizable name compared to SDN). I'm not saying it's a bad thing, or even that SDN is bad, I'm just wondering exactly how much of a role the AKB girls (most notably Shii-chan) got.

Kay