1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[BLOG48] translators' thread

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by loveandcoffee, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

^ You have to wait for loveandcoffee to add you as a friend to submit or something.

2. twilightkappa

twilightkappa Kenkyuusei

I'm interested in picking up Hiramatsu Kanako's blog after exams, which will end in about 2 weeks :)

3. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

is it just me or is LiveJournal acting up again?

4. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Hope I didn't tread on any toes.. no-ones picked up Ripopo's (Team N Kotani Riho) ) blog to translate for.. so I did a one off translation because it was about the girls wearing bloomers despite the fact it was only if they didn't reach number one. So I posted the full thing (In spoilers) in her page profile.

Considering putting in to pick up Either Konda Rina or Kadowaki Kanako (both team N) but I'm a bit busy for the next few weeks until I return to England, but after that if no-one's picked them up. I'd be interested. (I like the girls.. also would help my Japanese) more likely Kanakichi's as reading through.. I understand her Japanese better than Rii-chans. Even though I'm only intermediate level Japanese (N3) that's not a problem is it?
    Don't want to be ruining the blog with my off key translation efforts when we have much more capable people translating stuff already.

5. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

Somehow my home pc/laptops aren't allowed to post, whenever I try the connection is broken by the server. which is kinda annoying since I do all my translations at home.

6. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I've been poking through LiveJournal randomly to see if it's the whole website, and other blogs seem to load just fine. I think it's just Blog48 that's having a hard time loading.

Which is kinda sad since I want to make a correction on a previous translation. And post a comment. :-/

7. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    It's been working on my computer this afternoon. Granted, before then the whole LJ world was closed down to me for a couple of days.

8. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Somehow I had a little better luck with LJ using Opera. I usually Chrome.

*shrugs*

I forget which browser I used to make my changes, but dang...this is weird. :-/

9. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

^ I usually use Opera as well but LJ or at least posting on Blog48 still doesn't work for me on my home computer (tested in both Opera and FF, and multipe computer's)

10. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

^ is there a rss feed for the blog48 twitter?

11. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Can I pick up Konda Rina (Team N) to translate for?

Some days she does 2-3 a day *ugh* such a teenage girl... but I should be able to keep on top of it, seeing as I have an immense amount of free time next year at uni... plus I'm studying translation after christmas, so be an idea to get a start on it and keep a portfolio ish type thing so i can show my improvements.

12. Katsuo_no_Mikata

Katsuo_no_Mikata Kenkyuusei

Hello everyone!

I apologize if this is not the right place to ask, but I just happened to find your twitter and would be really thankful if you'd let me cooperate in this fantastic project.

I have a decent amount of experience in Japanese-English-Italian (I know it's not used here, it's just my mother language) translation (both paid and voluntary work), so I'm sure I can provide decent stuff.

I have no particular qualms about which blog (I'm as DD/Oshimashi as they come), but since it doesn't seem they're covered too much (compared to the AKB girls, of course) I'd gladly handle available SKE-NMB Ameba blogs (I'm confident I can do all SKE ones, but the NMB girls are more and post more often...)

Looking forward to a positive reply!*crosses fingers*

13. Wolfic

Wolfic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    College has officially started again for me today, and as much as I really really hate to do this, I have to stop translating some of the member's blogs in order to keep up with school and translations.

And so I will stop translating Ishida Haruka and Kishino Rika's blogs.

As it is, I'm already doing a terrible job with them, what and all with my frequent absences and inability to stay up to date, so I hope that with this, more capable people will be able to pick up these blogs and do a better job than I ever could.

14. Genie

Genie Kenkyuusei

Can I pick up Shinoda Mariko's and Sato Amina's?
    It's been a while since any of their blog entries on the site have been translated, and I'll like to help out with the effort. thanks ^^!

15. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

Can I take Non's entries? Kimoto Kanon(Team E). I know I'm not really active all the time, and I'm gonna go on hiatus for a month starting next week, till the end of October, due to my End-of-Year exams ._. But since I'm on my one-week break now, I can translate at least once a day most of the time for this week >.< After exams I'll resume :D But I'll appreciate if someone more active here can help :D

16. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    The blog is good, it's a very useful thing for all fans of the ###48 family, thanks for your hard work on it. It's unfortunate that you don'y feel like running it any longer, hopefully someone will step up and take control of it, it's be a big loss for the community if this resource spiralled out of control.

Already a lot of blogs are sitting idle and it's a shame because there are people who want to translate them but can't access the blog, or someone else is already linked to it.

17. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

Can I post my translations of Kanon's blog on blog48? I know I'm not good at all, but if I can I would be happy to!

18. koakumanao

koakumanao Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakamoto Erena
    Twitter:
    koakumanao
    ^Try contacting biheart, the co-mod. PM-ing would be better.

19. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    I've no idea how many translators are currently active, or which blogs are abandoned. The mods seem to have vanished, and no one else can be added without them, or tags created or anything. Also the livejournal page has reverted to the free option, so we've lost a lot of functionality on it anyway.

I don't know if it'd be best to restart a new one to clear out all of the deadwood, regain full control, maybe a different host that provides more/ better options customisation (blogger or wordpress)

The problem is, it's a lot of work to upkeep/ set up (although I guess any blogger who knows their way around the programmes could handle it easy) but the livejournal and associated twitter account have a lot of followers, which wouldn't necessarily be easy to communicate the switchover, without gaining access to either.

Just some thoughts I had while some of us discussed it on twitter.

20. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    ^ Have you (or any of the translators) tried contacting loveandcoffee or bi-heart via PM either here or at Ebi48? I can seeloveandcoffee isn't that active over there either but has posted recently. I think she has a twitter too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.