Single [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 1st Single [Mujin-eki] '12/02/01

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by ijkm, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Re: [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 1st Single [Mujin-eki] 2012.02.01

^ I don't thinks thats very likely since she is with the Watanabe agency and the watarirouka girls are with Ogi.

Wasamin has my support, I'm ordering this as soon as it's avalaible for preorder. I mean Wasamin is a sweetheart, those pictures are stunning, and enka is completely new to me. I just really really want her to do well.

2. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

^Don't know about other sites but it's available for preorder at CDJ.

Like the title and the snow scenery looks to be gorgeous. This single has a bit of a "mysterious" air to it, shame still gotta wait two weeks before our first preview of it. She looks so lovely in the new pictures. :cute: You may not be my oshi but I've got your back, Wasamin! Ganbatte! :)

3. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

I can only find two examples of Wasamin singing a full solo ( well one half a duet) but it was quite apparent that she had improved her technique from late 2010 to Sept 2011.

So I can guess she has improved as much again since that last performance under advice from the experts. I wont expect her to be singing like the professionals but I can guess they would have given her a song to suit her abilities and personality. I know she will sound great, because she already does.

One thing I have realised about those two performances is that Wasamin is totally relaxed, an air of self-calm, and thoroughly enjoying what she is doing. Maybe Tomochin should spend some time with Wasamin.

Hmmm a duet with Tomochin and Wasamin.

4. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

Not long before the concert...hopefully will see some clips.

There are some very good singers there, must be a bit scary for the new girl Wasamin.

4th January
    Group with
    "Enka New Year Festival" event announcement
    [Venue]
    Queen's Square Yokohama
    Queens Circle
    (Minato Mirai Line
    "Minato Mirai Station" Direct)
    Admission free
    Cast - (planned)]
    Yutaka Yamakawa, Toshimi Tagawa, Kaori Mizumori,
    Kiyoshi Hikawa, Morikawa, Iwasa Misaki (AKB48), Hayabusa
    For tickets - [
    January 04 (Wed) 8:00 -

5. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

^ Wow .. that's gonna be big for her!! Hope she's gonna do well!! =D

6. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

7. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

1/2/12 is not that far away and not a lot of time to raise the profile of Wasamin and to promote the single.

Tomochin's first week sales..
    162,871 - 1st week
    24,105 - 2nd week
    9,111 - 3rd week
    Total. 196,087

Was on the back of her being a prominent member of AKB48 for a long time and having a readily recognisable look about her. Plus the usual AKB promotions.

They are really going to have to go all out with Wasamin - TV, airwaves, live singing, AKbingo, magazines...etc etc. It being an 'enka' denominated song will put some regular Jpop buyers off and others as well as being seen as a bit of a niche group of singers.

I think that may be the smart/clever thing about Heavy Rotation enka style. Everybody loves the song and will be most curious about it. They may end up promoting that as much as Mujin-eki just to get the AKB48 fan sales. And you may get to see lots of Wasamin on tv spots doing that piece as well. Hopefully the PVs will be striking.

It is going to be a big job to get Wasamin's single sales up. Can't imagine they will be even close to Tomochin's give her's were on the back of a high profile and larger fan base.

I trust Aki p to have written something interesting for Wasamin and likewise for the HR variation.

8. jinbaoyin48

jinbaoyin48 Kenkyuusei

I trust wasamin herself to produce her best efforts...regardless of the sales number...

9. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

Yeh, I trust Wasamin to put in a great performance on the studio produced material, she already does a good job with the live singing - which I imagine would have improved more over the past few months under tuition.

But entirely for Wasamin's sake I would like to see her get near respectable sales. She will be judging herself differently from her fans and will be feeling good if she can get some sales. And she will feel that they have put much time and effort into her, and that she is part of a business and there is some pressure in that.

If she can show some small promise on the sales front then she will feel relieved, and the prospect of further singles in the near term increases. As a big fan I am trusting her handlers will do everything possible to get her sales up and raise her profile. I think the Heavy Rotation enka is a lure to get the attention of the existing AKB fan base, which is quite clever.

But even if she doesn't do well on the sales front, she is still only just starting from a young age and will have plenty of time to gain wider recognition.

This wont affect her enka career of course as far as live performances go, and group work.

At the end of the day all that we want is, in order of importance:
    1. Wasamin to be happy
    2. Wasamin to establish a singing career.. to see her enjoy some success.

If I had the time and the likelihood of getting an air ticket this time of year I would be very tempted to grab my hubby and fly there just for the free New Year's concert to see her debut. Have been thinking about it, but not possible at this time due to heavy work commitments of hubby.

Anyway good luck Wasamin.

10. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

YES. [nod]

I don't expect her to sell nearly as much as Tomochin obviously since she's not as popular.

But I guess being in AKB and Warota7 will help her sales compare to other enka singers. I don't know how much enka singers usually sell .. but I guess not a lot? Either way, as long as Wasamin can sell pretty well and continue her career in enka and be happy .. I'd be happy for her. [party]

11. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

I'm not sure what the goal is, sales-wise. I just hope management makes an effort to promote and provide incentive for all of the fans to buy this single. I like the touch of the groupmate videos and Hebirote b-side.

Like Kinaa said, my biggest concern also is how Wasamin will feel if her single performs below expectations. She is very sensitive about her popularity (or lack thereof), and anyone reading her blog knows how hopeful she is that the CD is well-received. I am sure it will be a quality release.

So please, everyone, buy buy buy!!!! Support Wasamin!!!

12. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

As reference, Hikawa Kiyoshi, the biggest name in enka music, sold his the most sales single in 2011 around 71k. And his 1st week sales was around 30k.

But that's the biggest enka star with strong fanbase. For Wasamin, i suggest we should set the expectation bar a bit low. Even she is one of AKB, she is not a popular member yet. I think 10k can be called success. (if it's just two ver. of CD/DVD without event ticket attached tactic)

Our hope is that if they also promote Heavy Rotation enka ver. and it becomes hit and well-received, it would boost sales alot because public really love that song original ver.

13. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

This being the case I am sure they would have fully briefed Wasamin on the prospects of an enka singer and would have approved the project knowing it isn't going to be a big money spinner as the other projects. Though they will be hoping the 'novelty' AKB material included will provide some boost.

So they maybe be happy to achieve break even with this debut and by adopting a long term strategy of building Wasamin's profile in establishing her as an enka fixture inside and outside AKB.

But another reason I can see why they approve this project as it adds further credibility to AKB48 as a serious music unit. AKB48 needs to evolve some as it nears peak popularity and fill out in other areas.

AND in the future all things going to plan, I see Wasamin as also such a strong live singer in comparison to others in AKB that I can see some mutual benefit of using her to pair with people like Tomochin who has trouble performing live. AKB should picking out all the strong voices/singers in AKB and use them as an aid to the their more popular sisters and in the second instance as eventual replacements when they graduate.

14. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

Maybe Wasami will get a lot of enka listeners who usually don't follow pop music to become her fans and start to follow her (and AKB)!! =D

15. Kira

Kira Kenkyuusei

actually i'm not like enka but when hear wasamin sing enka, i become more interesting :inlove:
    and she also has good voice :)

16. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

From what I have seen you don't become an enka singer unless you have a good voice, as it looks pretty much like the voice is everything in this type of music.

Have to admit I am enjoying a lot of the enka music on youtube, just so nice to listen to some excellent rich voices that sing clearly. Would be so much better with English subtitles as I gather some of these songs have very interesting narrative. I actually got introduced to it via the Japanese tv series Hai Kei, the theme song was great so I did some research as to the singer and went from there.

We should be about now wishing Wasamin good luck and support on her blog.

17. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

Even though I'm not into Enka or follow Wasamin as closely as others, I seriously hope that she can become very successful in her solo career. After seeing her video clips and reading the comments made by everyone here, I think she has what it takes to make it, even if she's not the most popular member of AKB48.

The only thing I fear is that if her CD sales don't satisfy management to their liking that she may never get another shot again (Note: I only say this because of the fact that Mayuyu is also going to have a solo debut next year and many people here can already guess how the CD sales would turn out for her). However, I have hope that it will sell well enough that she'll continue to gain new fans and have more single releases.

I mean, if Jero can get both older and younger audiences to listen to Enka, I think Wasamin can do the same.

18. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

Wasamin mentioned this earlier. So does this mean her enka Heavy Rotation is going to be a duet? If so who is it going to be with. An AKB member or somebody from outside? If an AKB member(s) I wonder who.

Interesting.

Well how confusing is that.

Which brings us back to a Heavy Rotation as a possible solo (probably with backing singers then). Hmmm let me think how I would present HR as a solo.

19. areyoume

areyoume Kenkyuusei

^ if you mean "a duet" by referring to the word "coupling" then the answer is no, in Japan "coupling" is actually the b-side of the single :XD:

20. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

So after a bit of research I am feeling pretty pleased for Wasamin and her choice to become and enka singer.

If she has the ability then all she need to do is establish herself as a singer of enka music/ enka style singing, not necessarily needing to be a star or having hit records. She becomes one of the troupe of enka singers in Japan. And she doesn't need to do that with one single, this she can achieve over time through live and tv performances through her agent, if she has ability and or some appeal.

The reason I am happy for Wasamin if she is able to achieve the above to some degree is that the career of an enka singer is a whole life time, being old doesn't matter and can be can even be an advantage within the genre. Meaning Wasamin will be around singing many many years after the end of AKB.

This goal is quite apart from what she is currently doing with AKB. Being part of AKB is quite the advantage as they are helping her along the way, but also using her talents to broaden their own base and hopefully develop another conduit for income through CD sales and associated product.

The measure for success for Wasamin and AKB in this current project will be two different things. For Wasamin's goal she only needs to establish herself as a new and future enka singer, which she doesn't have to do with just this one single. AKB will be hoping of course to grab some further attention, develop a wider customer base and of course make money from Wasamin CD sales if not now then in the future if they can establish her as a respected AKB singer and not just pure enka.

I now see how important adding Heavy Rotation to the new 'single' as this will be the hook for current AKB fans, whilst the enka song will be the hook for fans of enka and older women who may not be interested in AKB. I look forward to Wasamin being more prominent in AKB concerts going forward with her enka style.

As for enka hit songs, usually the path they take is a release, then late night playing on radio, and their appearance in karaoke bars where they get known and either loved or shunned, performances from time to time on tv and live.....it is a slow burn process for most songs, that can over time establish the song as one of the favourites and increase thus status of the original singer. An enka singer can be established and take a decade before they have a 'hit'. And one or two 'hits' can sustain an enka singer for life.

In enka its the genre and the singer that is most important and not necessarily their releasing hit songs all the time. So it is very important that Wasamin keep getting voice and singing coaching from experts and mentors to gain respect for her singing ability/style.

I also note there is an enka etiquette for singers. The newer you are the more you are expected to sing songs as close to the original as possible, and not venture out into variations or play around with a song. When you have been around for a while it is acceptable for you to experiment with existing songs.

Enak is said to be the repository of the variety of Japanese sentiment. Its most close parallel in the west is country and western as per subject matter.