1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. flamewave

flamewave Kenkyuusei

I am looking for the Toronto people at the front of the line for the first show! Please PM me! thanks!

Good show guys, it was fun. Lets see how many of us / vidoes we made in lol

2. pitviper15

pitviper15 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Continuing with the wave of DC coverage here is another video.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grakH8wrUEw[/yt]
    [clap]

3. delerium

delerium Kenkyuusei

makistar used my phone to record the girls leaving Lincoln Theater:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJWayvU_yw[/yt]

4. kenziekinz

kenziekinz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Haha I totally see myself on my phone in the background when they're talking to the 2nd guy. lol

5. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

I'm in all of the videos. We were stopped and interviewed by so many people. They also came to our hotel room and interviewed us. I don't like seeing myself on camera. I feel embarrassed. I think I was just so speechless that I wasn't excited enough on the camera. Sorry guys, hope I did a fair job representing S48. I think my friend was a bit less camera shy and he did an awesome job speaking out about AKB48 and the fans. I'm happy he was there to do more of the talking.

6. delerium

delerium Kenkyuusei

7. writerserenyty

writerserenyty Kenkyuusei

Wait, the first news video said someone came from Minnesota. Who are you, and we should hang out sometime!!

Ah, I'm so jealous of everyone who got to go! If I was back in Minnesota I would have gone, but I'm abroad right now. But it looks like it was a great time!!

8. Halo48

Halo48 Kenkyuusei

9. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

Finally decided to stop lurking after reading about your great experiences. Wish I could've gone, but just live too far from DC. Glad you guys had a blast!

Great photos! I'm guessing you used a digital SLR for these. I'm curious, what lens(es) and ISO settings you used for these shots?

10. Halo48

Halo48 Kenkyuusei

11. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

AS I SAID BEFORE

Hoshi No Mukougawa? (Matsui, Kuramochi, Suzuki, ?, ?)
    That song is 4nin, not 5

Also the 4nin MC was, iirc, Miichan, Takamina, Hirari, Sae.

(And I made the Sakura no ki ni narou correction first but nobody seems to have seen it. >.<)
    ---

I feel bad I missed you guys after the concert... I wish I could have gotten to know you all a bit better. Anyway I did talk to people between the concerts, but I didn't really introduce myself to most people. >.<

I'm the girl who was wearing that black hat and had that winter coat... XD um yeah.

Whoever I sat next to in the second concert were awesome people. =P hahaha Oh and the guy in the row in front of me too. XD (The one who waved to the Japanese ambassador. XD) It was just really fun even though I didn't spend much time there.

12. kenziekinz

kenziekinz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I think you may have been right behind me. One of the guys I was near was talking about having met the ambassador before.

13. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    hope i stood out alot before the concert with my black and yellow headphones, holding the "JAPAN'S MOST SOPHISTICATED SHOW" poster, while helping give out AKB psp battery covers, and 1/48 posters with rafaelaboy80 and maki2589

14. delerium

delerium Kenkyuusei

I wasn't expecting the press pass so i didn't bring my dSLR. Pics were taken with compact p&s Panasonic LX3.
    Aperture Priority f2.0 to 2.8, auto ISO max 400, -2/3 to -1-2/3 exposure.

15. twopointslow

twopointslow Kenkyuusei

Now that I'm more awake...

First off, big props to super_luigi who pretty much let me tag along with him throughout the trip. I wish all the other fans I met were that welcoming.
    Waiting in line for the first show was pretty cool. We got there when the line was down the block and before they moved us into the alley. Met some cool people.. I tried introducing myself to a few people, but everyone was kinda clique-y, so I tried not to impose myself on their groups. I think I was behind Karles48 in the line. Didn't talk much, but I think everyone was just antsy about getting inside.
    Once we got inside for the first show, I was pretty impressed by the seats we got considering how "late" were were to the queue. Scored some aisle seats in the 11th row I think? Just after the row of press seats. Clear view of the stage, what more can I ask for? And I think Abe Maria's grandma ended up sitting behind me. Me and super_luigi cracked her glowsticks for her and for random kids nearby.
    Show was pretty awesome. My first idol show, so I can't really compare it to anything else. The diverse crowd was definitely great to see. I was pretty excited that the venue wasn't going to be an anime convention... Don't care for anime and frankly anime otas scare me.
    Although the set list was short and abbreviated, the songs were done pretty well. As a takamina oshi, getting to see Bird was probably the highlight of the show.. just awesome. Wished they had thrown in aitakatta instead of flying get, but it was a free show, and was more about the Cherry Blossom festival and thanking the US.. I get it. It was pretty funny seeing the girls use up all their english early and had to drag out their first MC segment. "I'm happy!" :lol:
    After the first show, we rushed back to the line for better seats the 2nd time around.. only to be pushed back about 30 spots or so when the big chinese fob crowd snuck their group into the front when the line shifted between the alley and street. a huge FU to those f-tards.. They need to diaf. Met Raiden and honeysenpai(?) who was in line behind me. But didn't get to talk much.
    seats for the 2nd show were several rows closer, but I was now towards the middle, and the view kinda sucked having to look over a sea of hands. Totally blocked my view of Takamina in many of the songs. But i swear I done locked eyes with Mocchi and Umeda most of the time. :cute: :cute: Wota crowd was definitely more spread out the 2nd time around. As I noticed a lot more ribbon love. Pretty sure it was xinchun sitting right next to me. And the japanese wota on my other side was hella cool. He was like "who's your oshi?" and then proceeded to hook up a GM5 photo out of his collection. True wota love there. Met flagator and his friends behind me. They were probably wondering why I was just standing and staring the entire 2nd show.. Sorry, I was running on little sleep and no food, and it wasn't the same kind of hype as the first show. Same set list of the first.. MC segment was done a little better, and they started talking about random nonsense just to fill time. Crowd was eating that ish up. I can see that contributing to the views of the washington post article. And like how the girls used up all their english, it seemed like the crowd used up all their japanese.. Was that 2nd "Tokyo Dome omedetou!" really necessary? But overall, I think the 2nd show had more polish. Like they shook off the nerves and got more comfortable seeing what was pretty much 65-70% the same crowd as the first show... and still encore call double fail. :fp:
    After the show, got to see the girls board the bus. Pretty uneventful, but got a smile and wave from Takamina, so it was worth it.
    Now if there was a S48 meet/dinner afterwards, I wish I knew. It was poorly organized I think. If I didn't get a chance to meet any of you, or didn't introduce myself, sorry. Tried many times reaching out to people for evening activities but I guess people were more into their own cliques. S'ok though... in the end, I think everyone got to do what they wanted to do.
    All in all, it was quite an experience for me. It only makes me hunger more for a real show at the theatre.. Maybe one day when I can quit my job...

Now back to reality... (and finding ways to get to Tokyo Dome!)

16. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    So it seems Akicha has three names now? Evidence as follows:

"Aki Takajo"

"Asuka Kuramochi"

"Sae Miyazawa":
    [​IMG]

...and then everyone else follows the same mistake:
    [​IMG]
    Source: WSJ

:fp: :fp: :fp:

17. ripete

ripete Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    This was a great show! Great performances from the girls. Great crowds for both shows. And very well organized (well except when they kept moving the line for the second show...lost position each time), but the seating of the crowds and passing out of glow sticks, I thought was top-notch. I had such a good time. I'm so tired and don't think I have many more of these events left in me, but if so this was a great way to go out.
    Oh and this performance really showed a lot of AKB future, and i think they are in pretty good hands.Thanks for the good time, girls, fans and Cherry Blossom Festival organization. I will remember it for a long time!

btw who did the baseball caps for the girls? That was a great idea.

18. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

Cool, thanks. Wow, for a P&S those are pretty nice photos! The LX3 must have some good optics on them.

19. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

LOL Akicha is just that awesome that she gets 3 names. =P Hahaha...

Oh yeah, maybe you'll know who I am when I mention I'm the one with 11 glowsticks and who cheered so hard for Mocchi and Akicha that I literally fell... XD Well I just mentioned it so maybe if you were more than 1 seat away you wouldn't have known/noticed. =P

I cheered for Akicha and Mocchi quite loudly though. I dunno which row I was in exactly but it was around the 7th-ish I think, something like that, and I was smack in the center of the row. Yeah. So if you were around there then you were sitting near me. XD

20. wasabi

wasabi Kenkyuusei

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, Acchan walks out of a restaurant with a full tummy and sporting a princess leia hairdo straight into a mob of stalking HK fans.

http://youtu.be/8mBCUJPwMzw

:D