1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Des-LAW

Des-LAW Kenkyuusei

Take that back :angry:

2. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I met Abe Maria's grandmother, she was queuing just like all of us :XD:
    Cool grandma, she was showing me Maria's private photos. :D

3. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Were you the one who had me write down my email or was it someone else? =P

...wow I don't know who anyone is unless I specifically asked or they specifically said. XD hahaha...

4. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

Sounds like this was a pretty good experience for all concerned...I'm glad it worked out well!
    I know it's very after the fact, but if Sayaka had been there, I would've walked to the concert if necessary ;)

5. Halo48

Halo48 Kenkyuusei

6. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

They never moved the line for the first concert. I think the reason they moved the line twice for the 2nd concert was, the first time they cleared out the back alley so that the girls could sneak out the back door and go next door for food (probably a back door to the restaurant as well), and then they moved the line again when the girls were coming back. They just didn't want anyone to see them moving about behind the building or in the opposite alleyway, and none of us were any wiser about it. I couldn't figure out why they kept moving the line until the girls told us they ate lunch right next door. Sneaky.

7. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

^
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Damn it why didn't I realize?? XD If I had, maybe I could have run after them or something... XD Ahaha maybe not. =P

That didn't occur to me...

However I still wonder why we ultimately ended up down the block and not down the alleyway. Well actually I guess since they had to come back too... XD

8. delerium

delerium Kenkyuusei

9. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    LOL I know this restaurant! I have been there before!

10. flamewave

flamewave Kenkyuusei

apparently acchan was drunk? lol

11. Halo48

Halo48 Kenkyuusei

:lol:

so was that sensor on the camera. WTF, vertigo vision?

12. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

great pictures everyone :^O^: [clap] I am watching the other videos after the concert and I find it cool everyone was so excited, I am sure I would not make coherent words/phrases then of an akb concert XD

13. twopointslow

twopointslow Kenkyuusei

I'm the one who cracked your glow sticks for you.

14. Super_Luigi

Super_Luigi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Oh man... I had such a great time! Didn't get to meet many of you guys since I was mostly hanging with the guys I had met last Sakura-Con, but those of you I did talk to were very nice. As for my experiences: (this is mostly copypasta from what I wrote on Facebook xD)

I got in the line for the 1st show at about 12:30 with my hotel roomie twopointslow (who was a great guy to hang with, especially since he was quite like me personality-wise), and there were about 100-something people in line by then). There were great, kind people all around. I was given an amazing Miichan photo for free, offered several other goods, and the people around me were nice to talk to. I remember reading that AKB wota weren't all that nice... I disagree wholeheartedly.

Now for the main event. I should have figured this after noticing the same from Berryz, but man, they are so much prettier seeing them in person. They all performed very well, their dance moves at times mesmerizing me so much, I forgot to change my glowstick waves appropriately :^^;: My focus was on Miichan for much of the first show, and while I didn't really succeed in grabbing her attention (I got a few looks, and a wave in my direction) she was still enchanting. Takamina's Bird performance was one of the highlights; she tore up the stage. The immense energy of the crowd actually surprised me, seeing accounts of a lack of energy in previous U.S. shows. I guess the fact that it wasn't at a convention, where many mostly uninterested people can just slip in and watch with little to no enthusiasm, helped the atmosphere a lot.

But the second performance is really what made my day. I had a right aisle seat like the first, but was about 5 or 6 rows closer so not only was I easier to see, I could step out into the aisle to grab attention even better. This time around, the performance of Mocchi was really catching my eye, and she was on my side a lot, so I took the opportunity to step out in the aisle and do my glowstick motions directly towards her. Almost every time I did this, she gave me an appreciative gaze, and I got a few smiles and even a couple of waves (I believe she would have waved more, but her dance moves when she was on my side weren't often ones you could slip a wave in). I did the same thing with Umechan, and she gave me several wide smiles~ (Helped that I was wielding green glowsticks xD) I didn't forget Miichan by any means; she wasn't on my side a whole lot so it was still difficult, but this time I managed to get a wave that was certainly towards me.

After the concert, me, twopointslow and my Sakura-Con friends headed behind the theater to get one last glimpse of them leaving the place. After what seemed to be an hour, they finally came out. I was no further than 10 ft from the girls as they passed, so I called the name of the three girls that impressed me the most. I got a wave from Miichan, a smile and wave from Mocchi, and somehow Umechan passed me before I noticed xD It was a nice way to finish off my AKB day :inlove:

As you probably noticed, three girls attracted 90% of my attention: Miichan, Mocchi and Umechan. Mocchi and Umechan really weren't even on my radar before this event, but Mocchi's serious stage demeanor and enchanting moves reeled me in, and Umechan's raw dancing skill and bright countenance won me over. Events like these are dangerous because the potential to oshihen is high if your oshi isn't present :^^;:

15. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

OHHHHHHHHH

YEAH THANKS

Coz I'm lazy. =P

Next time I see you, I'll give you a cookie. =P

Or you can have a virtual one. =D

*gives virtual cookies*

10 glowsticks man, I can't do that myself. I'm lazy and weak. =P

(And BTW guys for the record my arms STILL hurt from waving them around. x.x It's like when I go ice skating and then my legs hurt for a week since I don't actually skate but I kinda cling to the wall... Yeah.)

Seriously though, you deserve a prize. =D Someone give this person a prize here. Woot.

...Okay I need to get some sleep - this is 2 nights in a row I'm up past 2am.

Except yesterday it was up talking, this time I'm up typing. Ohh it's not the same not having other fans to talk to... >.< When's the next event that's around here? I need to go again now!!! T∆T

/withdrawal

Oh yeah, you know, during Bird, I kept kinda wishing "aww wouldn't it have been awesome to have seen them flying" but of course the venue probably wouldn't have done too great with that... Hahaha... Maybe I'll win the lottery and get rich and go to Japan to see them at a big venue where they can do that... XD For now I'm kinda stuck on the stuff that's under $200 total for the whole trip, so... =P (I love how this was free though. XD)

16. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    Wow, I'm so jealous of you guys! I couldn't go this time, but the pictures looked great!

I'm annoyed at how the press can't even do some research on their end to get their stuff together, and the fact that they work in a mob mentality annoyes me. Man, if they got Sashii's name wrong... The stuff I would do... :D

But, to get more on topic. The set list seemed awesome, but I think a lot of the crowd was still down about Acchan. (Well the people who were real fans of AKB anyway) But from the video's I've seen only about half of the wota's seemed sad about Acchan. But even from the computer I could really feel the energy from the crowd!

Any who, thanks to the people posting snippets of information on this post. Lately I've been so busy with exams that I've had absolutely no time to go searching on YouTube. [wonder]

17. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I bet a lot more people were sad about Acchan than they let on... Because for a lot of us this is a chance in a lifetime since Japan is far away and thus expensive to travel to... I bet at least a decent few people were sad but put it aside for just that day. I know I did.

18. flagator21

flagator21 Member

Going to split up my writeup into several parts, in spoiler tags due to length :^^;:

My AKB48 experience in Washington D.C., 3/27/2012 - Part 1

Getting there

After getting out of work (not sleeping at all Monday night) my sister and I hit the road from Upstate NY around 3AM Tuesday. Halfway during the trip, I realized I had forgotten my Team A glowstick. FAIL. :wall: Anyhow, we arrived in D.C. around 10AM and found Lincoln Theatre. At that time I noticed about 10 people in line. We proceeded to the paid parking lot we looked up online. Come to find out, parking wasn't allowed until 6PM. D'oh! So we starting driving around looking for another one. Long story short we ended up using a parking meter down the street. The catch, they had a 2 hour limit. So, we would have had to go back to keep renewing the time. By this point it was near 11 and were anxious to get in line, so we said screw it. We paid for two hours and started walking to the theatre.

Advice: If you ever take a trip to D.C., save yourself the hassle and take a plane/bus/train. Don't drive! :XD:

Waiting for the 4:00 concert

By the time we starting queueing, there were a good 25-30 people in front of us. Not bad. I scanned the line from my position, but didn't immediately recognize anyone I knew. So I started texting some stagers whose number I had to see if they were in line, and to tell them they might want to line up soon if they could. Come to find out ithebigc and his group were not far in front of us, haha. They had hats as presents for the members and were going around having everyone write a message on them. After a little while, cisumechan came over and we talked for a bit.

By the way, the weather cooperated well that day. It was sunny all day, albiet a little on the chilly side.

Soon, delerium came over to say hi and gave my sister and I some baby blossom stickers, courtesy of GoGo. Better yet, he told us about a parking garage he found 6 blocks away. That saved us a lot of anxiety! So, my sister left to go park while I kept our spot in line. I also met karles48 around this time. Sometime around noon, they shifted the line from down U street, to down the alley along the side of the theatre. It was around that time makistar texted me to say that Abe Maria's grandmother was in line with her. Eh?! I was wondering why she didn't just go inside to see Maria. So, when my sister got back, I headed back to say hi. She was a sweet lady, thanking us for coming to see Maria/AKB. She even showed makistar some private pics of Maria, and posed for pictures with some fans! How cool is that? :D

Time kind of dragged for the next few hours. A couple of Stagers who recognized me from the NY concert (I wore the same "NY <3 Miichan" shirt from that weekend) introduced themselves as they arrived, but your names escape me right now, sorry! Please PM me. I also saw who I thought was kds48 (a female Japanese fan that was with us in when AKB was in NY.. some of you might recall the shirts she made for the members that showed up on their blogs) counting people in line but I wasn't sure if it was her or not. Turns out she recognized me, hehe. It was really nice to see her again.

For those standing near the side doors of the theater, the rehearsal was audible. makistar was close to one and was letting us know what songs she heard as time went by [clap]

As the concert grew closer many cameramen and other press members started going down the line filming/interviewing fans. We've already seen many of you in the news clips already. Good job, guys! One woman in particular interviewed me. She asked why I was a fan of Miichan, why and how long I've been a fan, etc. All of the attention was quite fun, reminded me of the same treatment some of us received from the press in NY. :p

The one thing that stood out to me while waiting in line, were the Japanese VIP's and other press that were in awe by the fan turnout! They just looked at us wide-eyed, mouths agape... saying things like, "Suuuuugoi", "Uwaaaaa", etc. It was pretty amuzing I thought, haha. [hehe]

Also, and others have mentioned this already, but I was floored by the number of children that were in line. It was refreshing to see. In NY, no one under 18 was allowed. They actually turned away a father with two young kids, the youngest one crying her eyes out as they walked away. It was heartbreaking.

To be continued...

19. AKB48zcd

AKB48zcd Kenkyuusei

20. joe.48

joe.48 Kenkyuusei

just sharing my fancam from the airport :lol: fanboymode
    you can hear a lot of ithebigc and piggypa [hehe]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvlZzAtjKsw[/yt]