1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Oshima Mai (Maimai) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. wakuwaku

wakuwaku Kenkyuusei

I've been rewatching some of the early episodes of AKBingo! and how much I missed Maimai's segments really hit me. I've been following her career post AKB but it hasn't really gone anywhere but occasionally the spark that makes Maimai so special pops up so I hope in the future she finds a way to grow her fanbase and jump back into the public eye.

2. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

I often wonder why MaiMai graduated from Picaru no Tieri. I don't know if it was her decision or the producer's/FujiTV. It's too bad because that show is getting more and more recognition (though skits are becoming really stale).

I hope she can become more of a regular on a more prominent show like London Hearts.

BTW, FujiTV has 2 horse racing shows, why couldn't they team MaiMai and NyanNyan together?

3. Chaos48

Chaos48 Kenkyuusei

4. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
  5. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Not that I think MaiMai would actually participate in sousenkyo, but it almost seem that the 4 yr rule was written with her in mind. Is it correct that she was member 3.5 years?

6. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I'm pretty sure it was written with Rinatin in mind...or maybe the 4 year rule was just so that there wouldn't be too many graduates

7. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Yep, officially, she debuted with the very first generation on 8th December 2005 as she graduated on 26th April 2009. It's around three years five months, almost 3.5 like you said.

Regarding that criterion for this election, I don't know, you only could speculate about it.

8. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

9. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

[party] お誕生日おめでとうございます!Happy Birthday, Mai! [party]

10. JurgenKlopp

JurgenKlopp Kenkyuusei

HAPPY BELATED 26[sup]th[/sup] Birthday, Maimai-chan :love: :love: :love:
    [party] [party] May this following year bring her a lot of luck, succes and happiness [party] [party]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

Does anyone know where I can catch the latest episodes of Bananajuku (バナナ塾)? I can't seem to find any videos past February of this year.

12. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    Is MaiMai planning to keep on with her singing career? She was one of my favourite members, and the most beautiful AKB member imo
    Honestly I didn't like her released singles that much, I guess they're just not my type, but I was looking forward to see more ofher live performances (and since she left AKB I haven't gotten anymore news from her). I follow her on twitter, and so, as far as I can speculate, it seems she's always overseas (doing Nature related voluntary work?) and doing acting jobs on theater?

13. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I'm pretty sure her career as a singer is over. Her singles didn't sell that well, she even had a scheduled album release that was canned way back when. I also didn't like her single songs, especially Ai tte nandaho was annoying and not very melodic. I guess she tried her hand at it and since it didn't work out so well she'd rather go the variety route. It's a shame because I think she was a fantastic performer, but I don't think the songs that she was given as a soloist played up her strengths, she ended up sounding nasally and not very appealing over all. I wish she would give singing and dancing another try, but it seems quite impossible by now.

On a related note, I think maybe being a singer/performer in Japan is more difficult than earning a steady income from acting/modelling/variety. That's just a hypothesis I have, but I notice that even the girls who enter AKB saying that their future dream is to be a singer, end up discarding that in favor of acting or modelling. So maybe it is harder to be part of the music industry? maybe unless you're famous and popular being a singer is investing too much time and effort in something that doesn't provide enough revenue. Who knows.

14. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I think once they have their experience in the group, they realize where they should be able to earn and entertain at the same time.

15. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

hope that she would not cross to the 'dark side' of the force and become the 'fallen idol'

16. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    Fallen idol? Dark side? You mean AV? lol

17. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

^yes , it is A.V. 3 of the ex-akb girls have gone to that roue, i wished that thy will not ever go to that route again

18. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    ^So even though MaiMai is super hot, I don't think she'll get to AV. I mean those ex-members practically left AKB to enter right away in the AV world, MaiMai has been out of AKB for too long already, working... on her work (whatever it is :fear:). What's she been doing really? Theater? She's been volunteering too, am I wrong?
    I remember seeing some pics of her on twitter where she was on a beach with animals and there were some guys in uniform, and I thought she was volunteering (forgot to say that she was in a uniform too).

19. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

^ MaiMai actually has a career. She's a co-host on a program with her agency seniors Bananaman in Bananajyuku. She's a regular on a travel program called Souda Douko ni Ikou. I think she was in a horseracing program recently if it's still on the air. She appears sometimes on London Hearts variety program on AsahiTV, most recently a couple weeks ago with Shiichan and Noro.

20. fubuki

fubuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    3? Rinatin, Eririn and who? Maimai definitely wouldn't go into "that route"

watching old episodes of AKBingo (from 1ji till now) and I miss Maimai so much...pretty annoyed when I see her face and Erepyon got censored when they played some old footages, like in Acchan SP for example