1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Will you stay with AKB48 if your favorite member graduates?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by makistar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Re: Will you stay with AKB48 if your favorite member graduat

Me too!!! New SDN with these girls, especially Sayaka! :D

2. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka

So my favorite member graduated today. Guess I'm still sticking with AKB anyways.
    But not gonna lie, a good 60% of my interest in the group died out. Maybe the election will revitalize my passion for AKB

3. avanpiper

avanpiper Kenkyuusei

Honestly, maybe no. Because I'm not really into their music that much to begin with and only watch certain variety shows of theirs (which was how it started). But I'm more of a fan of my fav members instead of the whole group. My favorite member is Sae and others like Sayaka and Yuko (basically Team K trio) and I have an inkling she might graduate within 2 years time from now. With Sayaka leaving soon, I'm feeling a bit of void already in my heart. So if Sae eventually leaves, I might have no more interest, except occasionally dropping in once in a while if something big happens. Unless by miracle, a Sae 2.0 is able to continue the genking legacy :XD:

It happened when I was into MM before and when Yossie left, it kinda disappears too.

4. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

From earlier AKB days,
    I've been a fan of Nozofisu,Mariko-sama, and Reinyan.
    But I haven't had much time to follow AKB anymore or the forum much
    I only met Mariko once and Cindy from Team K, way back years ago.
    Handshake events in Tokyo.

5. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

I was thinking about this question yesterday.

To be honest, I don't know. The quick and dirty answer would be "when Akarin graduates". Unfortunately, it's not that simple. Personally, fandom is really a natural thing. Sometimes, you don't know where it takes you. When the time comes, irrespective if my oshimen graduates or not, then I'd know I should think about leaving the fandom. But, as someone told me (on Twitter) once, it's difficult to rationalise an emotional decision. So whenever the time I lose interest comes, then it'll come.

For now though, I want to personally see through the next chapter and generation of the AKB48 group (especially SKE48 right after their first shuffle). My personal fandom may have been made more complete after the events I've been through last month but to me, I don't think the "AKB48 group story" itself is complete enough yet for me to seriously consider graduation.

6. Neverback

Neverback Kenkyuusei

I'll stay. Not really sure, though
    Yeah, I know it's going to be sad if she's graduating, but maybe I'll get a new oshimen.

7. erinachu

erinachu Kenkyuusei

I'm already 23 and the majority of my favorite members are from older generation, like Yuko, Sae and Umechan.

I think that when these 3 graduate, I will turn into a casual fan, because I can't get a new oshimen who is like 10 years younger than me. I'll still support Karen because I really like her singing.

8. Makox3

Makox3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

Sayaka is graduating soon. I had the time think over clearly about what to do.
    The most important fact for me is go on in supporting Sayaka. I won't stop loving her or love her less. She'll empty my wallet all the time <3

What to do with the leftover AKB than? I think there will be always hopeful and interesting members. (the old gens: Mariko, Takamina, Sae, Umechan, Yuko, newer hopeful member i like : Jurina, Annin...)
    I will go on watching AKB's doing but i'll never choose a new oshi for me again.
    I like many different members, but i just like them or find them cute, interesting and hope they will make a shine carreer.
    I'm also stuck into AKB-Music . That means i don't need a oshi girl to follow to like the music. And I am a Team K fan- they are always full of energy. I hope it will never change. But I will do less for AKB and don't buy everything - only what i really want to have.

9. seiryu

seiryu Kenkyuusei

For me, NO. Once Amina leaves, I will leave AKB. With the management's behavior and AKB's falling music quality, I am no longer attracted to AKB as a group.

Wow, you guys 23, 24 are still young for AKB fans, do you know that? :D :D :D

10. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah

Well the old folks better tell that to the teenagers here, who might be following girls within their age group as they'll get the chance to grow with them sort of. :D I'm a few months older than my oshimen so there.

I mean back then I just wanted to follow a few members. I never thought that I'd follow a lot of girls a few years later. It's good to see them grow and follow them until graduation. Still it would be better to support more than 1 girl as when she graduates, you might be forced to leave the group. I think, people just has to get used to old gens graduate and AKB can easily move forward. Once my oshimen graduates, chances are that I'll be following someone else which keeps me in this group. A little member change wouldn't hurt now.

11. Buddy P. Sokarijo

Buddy P. Sokarijo Kenkyuusei

I have one favorit of course Akimoto Sayaka, but i think i will keep supporting them... What matters too me who is next in line!!!

In my case it would be Aki Takajo. Sure i wont feel the same way about aki as towards Akimoto but, i would like to see Aki blossom in her idol carreer... If she leaves then i wil find another person to like... Until im too old i geuss and it would be very creepy then i might leave...

12. eantz

eantz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otaaika

It's too early for me to leave AKB48 although my oshi is graduating and although I will be 25 soon.. :D :D
    I know them last year and still enjoying them so much..
    I know that their music quality is degrading, but I'm waiting until Aki-P give his ability to shashi to produce more fresh music.. :^^;:

If my oshi graduated then I'll find someone else to stick with. That's all what I'm going to do..

13. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful

Same with me. I gained 25 too. So if my fav graduate, I will try to find some new members I wanna support. :)

14. ChocolateMochii

ChocolateMochii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia

My first oshi's are long gone, Natsumi Hirajima & Erepyon, Sae transfered to SNH, Sato Natsuki graduated.

and yet i'm still here :) After awhile of being a fan of Idols you learn to let go of you're favorite members when they graduate. for example, other idol group oshis i had : morning musume . mitsui Aika and Niigaki Risa (ironice my number 1 & 2 Graduated at the same time, S/mileage: yuka Maeda, Idoling!!!: Takiguchi Mira, Koizumi Rumi )

You get used to moving on and finding new favorites

15. birdsleeves

birdsleeves Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

I'll be devastated when Takamina graduates, but I can't see myself not staying with the group anyway. There's still Sayanee and other girls that I like, and I keep finding new ones. So I'll stay regardless of who graduates, if I still consider myself a fan at the time (I tend to switch fandoms every few years :) ).

16. secretfj

secretfj Kenkyuusei

That's really a question I should ask since Mariko sama is determined to leave, but my immediate answer is no. Simple because every girl in the group (48 group) have their very own charisma and story which I would hail to all of them, not to mention that they are all adorable and kawaii!! [blush]

17. dsdevil48

dsdevil48 Kenkyuusei

for me : no , cos even though my fave one will leave and somehow i need to move on from that but every members are unique and anyway my oshi who'll soon leave (mariko) said that she trusts the juniors so... i kinda intrigued on what's gonna happen in the future :)

18. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea

It depends.
    I will left the day when 48 is filled with nothing but cute girls with no particular special aura, the song has becomes too monochrome and if i am disappointed with how Management works

19. amour

amour Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

probably, cause you keep discovering new girls with different personalities and stuff. however i will still follow my oshi's career beyond akb, like acchan. and now mariko since she's leaving next month.

20. jell0

jell0 Kenkyuusei

With Mariko's pending graduation, I am facing it right now.

For some reason, when she announced her graduation, I really started getting bummed about not seeing her in the fall single (for some reason) ...

I guess for me I will transfer my interest towards other members I like / admire / enjoy seeing (esp Jurina) so it's all good. The change has also made me think that I should start paying more attention / following the younger members, esp all the ones she has a senpai / kouhai relationship with (I guess I have a LOT of members to take a look at then ^^;;).

For me, though, I will never really be able to 'replace' the hole / role that she plays within 48 family ... I kind of want a member with a unique story / trajectory to follow again now, though ...