1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Matsui Rena (Rena) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Oct 5, 2008.

1. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
    Re: Team S - Matsui Rena (Rena)

This upsets me, too. I don't see anything wrong with a person being born left-handed. Why do they have to be "corrected"?

2. pitviper15

pitviper15 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako

^ that does seem pretty intense, my friends mom talked about this happening to her when she was going through school in Germany. But that was further back than when Rena would be in school, didn't think that would still be happening recently. It is pretty shocking [shock] .

3. hudang

hudang Kenkyuusei

hmm.. about right-left handed thing..
    i think many asia country is still use right handed is "must"
    it's part of culture..

being left handed is no problem, but you must do something still with your right hand..
    even today, in my country, if you are left handed, you will be corrected when still child, to make a habit..
    but when i see my friends who got corrected right handed, she can do things with any hands..
    so i always think that is such good thing... (i can't write or hold a spoon/chopstick with my left hand..)

4. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka

Is surprising that someone as young as Rena went through that, there are many people who had to change from being left handed to right handed but they are much older than her. Is not that common these days...

5. kirifuda

kirifuda Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Twitter:
    akaihoshi15
  6. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka

I am naturally left-handed also, but find it much easier for some things to do right handed (like writing but I do persist in putting the paper on a slant) so yes I have no problems that at school I was 'corrected' to do some things right-handed.

With a left-to-right language I find is strange people persist in doing it left-handed, the times they smudge their writing makes it look stupid (with a right-to-left I might actually do it the other way).

Just try to learn to use/do things that works best for you, don't over force.
    I eat 'left handed', use utils left or right handed (turn with left, force with right) etc.

7. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

Isn't Rena saying that she self-consciously switched from left to right? Like no one forced her to, but when she saw that everyone else was right handed she tried to be like everyone else.

8. justvmp

justvmp Kenkyuusei

Yeah, that's right. I bet you guys didn't read her post :XD:

"Sometimes I get on the stage thinking I have the mic in my left hand and then I get astonished noticing it’s actually in the right one. lol "
    I can imagine that :lol:

9. pitviper15

pitviper15 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako

^Lol, I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought. Just more of of mental thing on her part :D .

For a nice little change here is a small bit of footage of Rena from SKE's new single
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggXCseQ3yA[/yt]
    :D Lol at the wave, :inlove:

10. JoshTan

JoshTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

As a person who went through this "correcting" thing, I don't think I have any issues distinguishing left and right. I was born left-handed, but told to write with my right-hand since I was in kindergarten. I remember entering Grade 1 already writing with my right hand. [speechless] Oh well..

11. ZerodotZero

ZerodotZero Kenkyuusei

Yea I was made to write with my right hand, however I can still hold chopsticks and other stuff with my left hand :D I'm going to try to learn to write with my left hand again.

Anyways back on topic, this is my first post on this thread [clap] I remember reading in the AKB49 manga that she was gonna break the kami 7, I can't believe that it was this year :D

12. justvmp

justvmp Kenkyuusei

nice expectation [hehe]

13. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

My gawd... so like... I just watched AKBINGO! episode 74 for the first time. I am... I mean... holy gawd... when she does that big wonderful smile of hers... but as a boy... I am... I mean... it is pure [brokenheart]. I am like so confused right now. :lol: I need to hurry up and re-watch her as Gekikikara/Amakuchi now. :^^;:

14. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

Rena's smile can really make anyone fall in love with her :inlove:
    And i believe we just reached page 100, hurray, keep posting people :awesome:

15. oddball

oddball Member

If you want her best smile go watch this years senbatsu election, her smile during her speech...... wow... just wow......

16. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz

There is talk of Rena visiting the USA right now. Is there any info as to the purpose and location of visit.

EDIT: OMFG Rena just split space and time and appeared on TBS live stage..!

17. NgiNgi

NgiNgi Kenkyuusei

Rena looked so perfect performing Utsukushii Inazuma on Ongaku no Hi! :cute:

Guess she made it back in time to perform with the group :)

18. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

No, I believe she hasn't come back. That was a recorded performance, not live.

19. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka

But people says that the show was live, not prerecorded, or maybe Did they prerecord SKE live?

20. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

The show was live but not all artists performed live there. The performance of Pareo and Utsukushii were prerecorded probably a few days ago when Rena was still in Japan. If they did perform live at 2 a.m, then Non, Yuria, Manatsu and Nao wouldn't be able to appear because they are all under 18.