1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single [SINGLE] Nogizaka46 7th [Barrette] 13/11/27

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by TiduShoko, Aug 30, 2013.

1. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    ^SME rly should open up their YouTube channel, I don't see any good coming from restricting it to Japan. :|

That being said, thanks to caramujo, the Unders MV Hatsukoi no Hito wo Ima demo have been uploaded!
    [dm]x17fsyr[/dm]
    Youku backup: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjM3NjEyMDI4.html

Also revealed is MV for Sonna baka na...!
    [dm]x17fuo9[/dm]
    Youku backup: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjM3NjIzODI4.html

Do tell me your thoughts! I will say mine later in details. For now I'll just say I rly rly rly like Sonna baka na... MV! The song too!

2. kabuki

kabuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    watching while laughing :D Sonna baka na.. keep repeating this song 20 times already

3. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    My song & MV ranking

Song: Sonna baka na > Watashi no Tame ni = Tsuki no Ookisa = Hatsukoi > Barrette

MV: Sonna baka na > Tsuki no Ookisa = Barrette > Hatsukoi

The songs are all good really except Barrette for me. Sonna baka na wins because I like happy upbeat songs generally and the MV is just super cute with everyone dorking around. [hehe]

4. コナタszmy

コナタszmy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Like everyone, Sonna Baka na is definitely my favorite! It's a cute song plus an upbeat and funny MV! The other 3 MV were too dark/dull and Sonna baka na was the complete opposite.

Song: Hatsukoi no Hito wo Ima demo = Watashi no Tame ni > Sonna Baka na > Tsuki no Ookisa > Barette
    MV: Sonna Baka na >>> Tsuki no Ookisa > Hatsukoi no Hito wo Ima demo = Barette

Although i placed Barette at last, it's not as bad as i thought the first time i heard it. It's actually getting better and better everytime i hear it. :)

5. maririn

maririn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Twitter:
    mari_rinnn
    Sonna Baka na~ hands down the best song/PV from this single, just lol...?
    this definitely has to be my fav Nogi46 song ever, because Ikuchan is soo cute in this :3

for other PV (Barrette, Hatsukoi)
    the video production are all top quality. The plot and the story, the camera and lighting effect. its just awesome! solid single from Nogizaka yet again

6. SUPER☆LeMON

SUPER☆LeMON Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    higuchihina
    Sonna Baka na's music video is probably, or screw that - hands down my favorite Nogizaka MV ever. It's not overly pretentious nor does it scream budget. Just plain fun, creative and features Minami, everything you ever need! Geez, after I spent so many tweets pissing my pants over how a damned uptempo song stole a coupling MV. :p I've even begun to slightly like the song, hearing it in HQ. Or rather, it got annoyingly stuck in my head.

Hatsukoi no Hito wo Ima demo.
    As a Minami oshi verging on Sayu 2oshi this UG is the best thing that ever happened. All that glorious screen time. ;_; I'm still hoping both of them return to senbatsu next single, but this was definitely a treat. Not surprised by the gloominess considering the content of the song.

My ranking of this single would go:

Song: Hatsukoi no Hito wo Ima demo > Watashi no Tame >> Barette > Tsuki no Ookisa >= Sonna Baka na
    MV: Baka na >>> Hatsukoi no Hito wo Ima demo > Tsuki no Ookisa > Barette

Overall a pretty solid release, they didn't experiment as much with the genres this time around as they did with Girl's Rule, but all the songs have a distinct Nogi feel to them, which is fine enough with me.
    Still looking forward to the regular version song though, there's still no info about that one apart from the title right?

7. Ahjuju

Ahjuju Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    This was a solid release for me, and my song/mv ranking:
    Song: Hatsukoi > Sonna baka na > Watashi no Tame ni = Barrette > Tsuki no Ookisa
    MV: Sonna baka na > Barrette = Hatsukoi > Tsuki no Ookisa

Omg all I can say is....Ikuchan HAHAHAHHA [hehe]
    I love Sonna baka na, I'm pretty sure it's my favorite mv, if not, one of my favorites. Talk about high quality, and those tracksuits...lololol.

Maiyan's hand shake <3

8. jiaemi

jiaemi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Twitter:
    Jiaemi_Jem
    Since everyone's doing a song ranking i might as well too! :D

Song:
    Tsuki no Ookisa = Hatsu koi no hito > Baratte = Sonna bakana > watashi no tame ni

MV:
    Tsuki no ookisa = hatsu koi no hito = sonna bakana > baratte

My personal thoughts on each song with MV

Tsuki no Ookisa
    Initially hearing the short ver for the Naruto OP, i felt the song was good but it didn't quite fit the anime cutscenes for the OP, however after watching the full MV, I would say its darn awesome and the explosion they included was well worth the budget to give it that boom. The only thing I would rather do without is the lip syncing while the girls acted out the scenes, it made the MV a little awkward

hatsu koi no hito
    This song, gives me goosebumps in an exciting way, it just reminded me of Ushitakunai kara. The ambience for the MV is awesome, the cutscenes and the entire MV is well suited to the song, spread of lines sung by members with different voices are quite well matched. I get a warm feeling from watching this MV. Early christmas anyone? :D (I certainly would like them to perform this in some xmas costumes)

Sonna bakana
    Funny. Quirky. Fast-tempo. Catchy tune & beat. To sum it up, awesome.
    The member's personal characters are well mapped to this song thats what I feel.
    Miona also fitted into this song quite well i would say (Compared to barette)

Barette
    Initial impressions was a little awkward, not due to any members, but due to the setting i guess (80s nightclub) And the lyrics i initially thought wasnt that impressive as it didnt stick to my head instantly like all other previous singles.

After listening to the song once more, i realise the lyrics actually was quite good too.

watashi no tame ni
    Good song, but the other songs are much better so this song despite it being quite awesome too, was overshadowed in my scorebooks

Overall, i feel that this round's single judging with near-zero bias (I try my best.) I feel that this single as a whole is one of the best yet due to the B-sides being superb as well. Previous singles normally I had a song which didn't really hit top-notes with me. But this round i like em all :)

Hope this single sells well :)

9. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

10. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    Ranking for me~
    MV
    Sonna baka na > Tsuki no Ookisa > Hatsukoi no Hito wo Ima demo > Barrette

Songs
    Sonna baka na > Hatsukoi no Hito wo Ima demo > Watashi no Tame> Tsuki > Barrette

& I want to talk about my thoughts on Sonna baka na MV in particular lol.

I rabu the MV! Its my top two fav Ngzk MV of all time, if not my fav! I particularly like the dance fight scene when Team Sayurin just went in & challenged them lol. Also love all the wacky expressions the girls were doing, it was just really well made & cute all around! Despite prolly being of much lesser budget than either Tsuki no Ookisa or Barrette, the originality & happiness espoused by Sonna baka na makes it a better MV than either imo! The only regret I have of the MV is the lack of screentime for Sayurin, which was quite a bit lower than her stature imo.

On a more analytical side, I also thing this should have been Ngzk's main song (again lol. Ngzk have a tradition of coupling being more well-received than main track) not only because I like the song & the MV more, but also in regards to the role Miona had in the MVs. As we all know, putting Miona in centre have created backlashes, & the role Miona had in both Barrette & Tsuki no Ookisa made matter worse imo. While both were quality MVs, in them Miona was casted as an outsider; the feelings projected was that she was intruding the group & it was provocative in a sense. So while I don't agree with being too harsh on her for her role in these two MVs since she didn't write the script, I can understand while a sizable number do & were deeply upset about it.

For Sonna baka na its a totally different story however. Here, Miona is a new transfer student who joined the idol club; here she's not intruding but welcomed into the group & getting along with everyone. She is also less focused in Sonna baka na (mostly cuz the dance scene doesn't revolves around her for most part anymore), & it certainly helps that Miona herself is much more expressive & natural here compared to the other two MVs. My observation is that many fans who were critical or upset with her are much more accepting of here in Sonna baka na, & in fact some even find her cute!

For the above reasons it really would have been nice for Sonna baka na to be the main track methink. From my observation most fans seems to like Sonna baka na more as a song too, & the MV of course is such a nice bonus lol. The covers might be very fun too, not that the Barrette covers aren't nice but it is a bit more flat lol. Being released so late tho, I wonder how much of an effect the MV will have, considering Barrette will go on sale in less then a week?

11. sekainoowari

sekainoowari Kenkyuusei

the Sonna Baka na pv was perfect XD

IKOMA WAS HILARIOUS AND MY favorite part of the pv!!! and Ikuchan !!! The role (and the tracksuit) really suited her and I couldn't take her serious wearing the idol-dress in the end ehehe

12. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Correct me if I'm wrong but were both Kashiwa and Miyazawa not in the Hatsukoi MV? The lighting was poor in the MV to make out the faces in the background and I only counted 13 UG members.

13. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
  14. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Thanks yic17 for the uploads
    My favorite songs so far are:
    1. Barrette
    2. Sonna Baka Na
    3. Hatsukoi no Hito wo Ima demo
    4.Tsuki no Ookisa

As for PVs it goes like this: Sonna Baka Na >>>> Tsuki no Ookisa > Barrette > Hatsukoi no Hito wo Ima demo.

I am kinda of disappointed by the dark way that went in the Undergirls PV, because they did the same in the latest undergirls PV Senpuuki, it is dark & not appealing visually, but the song is good, PV is not

15. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    Yukina & Seechan will be graduating. Their blog will be removed after November. ;A;

NINKI ratings for the upcoming singles!
    #01 333.80 Nogizaka46 - バレッタ
    #02 131.50 東方神起 - Very Merry Xmas
    #03 _80.90 KARA - フレンチキス
    #04 _80.00 Perfume - Sweet Refrain
    #05 _63.20 GLAY - DIAMON SKIN/虹のポケット/CRAZY DANCE

Past NINKI ratings for Ngzk singles!
      ぐるぐる  おいで  走れ!   制服   君の名  ガールズ バレッタ
      167.10  150.80  202.50  201.00  249.70  261.40  333.80

Note 1:

The NINKI ratings are the results of a POLL conducted by Oricon indicating degree of interest/degree of purchase intention in an upcoming release. Although the ratings are never a true reflection of sales, it does give a strong prediction about where the single/album will place in terms of popularity amongst the Japanese public. However, they are NOT an indication of how it will perform in terms of chart positioning and total sales for the week.

Note 2:

According to Oricon's note under the NINKI page, Oricon researches about 870,000 of its members by random sampling of 400 members in their 10s until 40s. 50 men and 50 women are chosen randomly to participate in each age group. (However, some popular artists have had NINKI exceeding 500, so we can only assume that Oricon has extended the polling to around 600/700 people now.)

16. fczbq1

fczbq1 Kenkyuusei

Hi Rust,

I suspect the maximum ninki point is 10,000, no matter the size of the polling. This means that 500 representing 5% of public interest. AKB48 achieved 562.70 in their best selling single Sayonara Crawl, with 1,450,881 copies on the first day. If maximum ninki point doesn't exist, we would see the inflation of ninki point over time as polling size increases.

On the other hand, 48G type idols have high sales not due to high public interest but devout buyers who buy tons of singles for each release. That's why their sales is doesn't reflect directly to the ninki point. Nogizaka46 sales will also be the same, it will depends on the devoutness of their buyers. By the way, I do hope that in the future, Nogizaka46 will be more acceptable and likable in the public than AKB48, which will determine the success of Nogizaka46, having high sales from high public interest.

17. OSR48

OSR48 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nogibabiez
    Hatsukoi is a nice song. Moreover it's Minami-center :inlove:

Sonna Baka na is a masterpiece :lol: I love NogiBaka46 :inlove: Nanamin is hilarious in the PV :lol:
    Sonna baka baka na..Baka baka baka na.. Can't stop replaying this NogiBaka46's song :music:

18. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    SONNA BAKA NA IS THE CRAZIEST AND FUNNIEST NOGIZAKA SONG EVER! LOVE IT! THE REAL BAKABAKA! [rock] :awesome:

Hatsukoi... the great PV and song, i think this song is relaxing and meaningful, great work, UG! [party]

anyone know Sonna Baka na and UG line-up?

19. akbaholic18

akbaholic18 Kenkyuusei

I really love this single. The songs are great, the music videos are even better. Definitely my most favorite single by far for them. I always believe that Nogizaka gets the best music videos compared to 48 groups.

Well anyways.. my ranking,
    song wise: Barrette = Tsuki no Okisa > Sonna Baka na... >> Hatsukoi no Hito wo Imademo
    pv wise: Sonna Baka na >>> Tsuki no Okisa > Barrette >>> Hatsukoi no Hito wo Imademo

Btw I saw that some have ranked Watashi no Tame ni, Dareka no Tame ni, but I haven't heard it yet. Does anyone have a link to listen to it?

Yasashisa to wa is the last song. I hope it has the 2nd gen in it because it would be nice to have a song with the rest of the 2nd gen.

20. SUPER☆LeMON

SUPER☆LeMON Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    higuchihina
    ^
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTC57wrgE78[/yt]

UG: Minami Hoshino, Sayuri Inoue, Yuuri Saitou, Ami Noujou, Hina Higuchi, Kana Nakada, Seira Nagashima, Mahiro Kawamura, Chiharu Saitou, Seira Hatanaka, Rina Yamato, Nene Itou, Maaya Wada.

Some extra information: Lines outside the chorus are split between groups Minami-Yuuri, Ami-Mahiro, Chiharu-Maaya. Basically 3-5-5, this is also how they're lined up in the dance shot. The chorus is all 13 at once, of course.

Sonna Baka na:
    Senbatsu members: Manatsu Akimoto, Erika Ikuta, Rina Ikoma, Marika Itou, Misa Etou, Hina Kawago, Asuka Saitou, Reika Sakurai, Mai Shiraishi, Kazumi Takayama, Himeka Nakamoto, Nanase Nishino, Nanami Hashimoto, Mai Fukagawa, Miona Hori, Sayuri Matsumura, Yumi Wakatsuki.
    +5 UG members: Sayuri Inoue, Kana Nakada, Yuuri Saitou, Hina Higuchi, Minami Hoshino. <- Not a huge surprise, but these are also the members with the top 5 positions in the UG song.

Not bolding a center for this one before I see a live show cause it's very hard to tell if it's gonna be Miona, Ikuchan, or even Ikuchan + Ringo if they keep the dance battle.