1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Audio gear thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by ZerodotZero, Jun 23, 2013.

1. ZerodotZero

ZerodotZero Kenkyuusei

The ES7's offer more bass, which makes them more exciting for heavier songs; but ESW9s offer much more crisp female vocals ^^[/quote]
    Damn.... Shame the ESW9's are discontinued :(

2. Basstian

Basstian Kenkyuusei

I recently got one of those Panasonic HTX7s mentioned here,
    the Cream version (used by Jurina on Magical Radio :) )

They are about 40€ here. The Sound and the build quality is pretty good and they isolate very well too...
    I just don't really like its Soundsignature ... too much bass and the mids are lacking, but I still like it for movies, TV etc... :music:

By the way, I just found an AKB48 Headphone Gallery :inlove:

3. Bureibah

Bureibah Kenkyuusei

They're discontinued? Amazon.jp still shows them, and if you're in the US they're still available (as the "ESW9A") on Amazon.com

4. ZerodotZero

ZerodotZero Kenkyuusei

Officially, IIRC they are discontinued which is why they are quite expensive now :(

5. Bureibah

Bureibah Kenkyuusei

Could you show me where it says they're discontinued?

I checked both Audio Technica's JP and US sites, both list the cans as available. I bought mine 2-3 years back, for the same price Amazon.com is listing it at now (~$200), and the MSRP is $370. So I don't think they've been hiked up in price either.

Are you thinking of maybe the ESW10 or ESW11? Those are listed as discontinued.

6. ZerodotZero

ZerodotZero Kenkyuusei

idk Some guy in an audio shop told me that :p

7. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    The only noteworthy audio gear I own right now is my Audio-Technica ATH-CKM300iS which is always my go-to earbuds.

I think that "clean" is the best word to describe its sound.

Although I would always prefer ATH-CKM500iS, but due to its unavailability here at my place, I've just ended up buying ATH-CKM300iS instead.

Attached Files:

8. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    I've got three sets of audio gear that I use, each for different purposes.

My main music/computer use headphones are my Razer Hammerhead Pro earbuds:
    [​IMG]

For PC Gaming, I use the Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset:
    [​IMG]

And for watching movies/PS4/PS3 gaming, I use the Sony Gold Wireless headset:
    [​IMG]

9. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    My recommendation for ear phones,Velodyne vpulse. Cost like $99 US (or $130 AUD in my case... :^^;: ) Some people have complained about their highs and mids not being special (tho I personally think they're A-ok), but if you're a bass lover, and like the bass to thump into your skull till your eyes roll back with a silly saliva dripping grin, without getting some booty ass head phones costing in the high hundreds, you'd (most probably) love these. ^^

10. peterthepickle

peterthepickle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    My main stereo setup consists of:

Marantz CD5004 (detailed, accurate, dynamic CD player I got for a steal at Best Buy)
    NAD 7020 (legendary receiver I got from my dad. Very warm, musical, analog sound, and way more power than its specs suggest)
    Ohm Walsh 2's (awesome speakers, also got these from my dad. Amazing soundstage, very warm and expressive)

Although AKB's songs aren't recorded/mixed/mastered extremely well, they still sound great on my system. The warmness helps round off some of the digital 'edge' of the recordings, and the components are balanced enough to play any type of music well. They're not extremely expensive/nice, so they don't expose bad recordings as much as some higher end systems do, but as a whole, they still sound nice.

I also have:

Grado SR60e's (fantastic sounding pair of open-back headphones, extremely airy soundstage, very well-balanced)
    PS1 (SCPH-1001, amazing CD player for the price)

I was thinking of either buying a power amp to augment my main stereo, or getting a DAC/headphone amp and using the PS1 for a headphone/computer system. Talk about expensive hobbies...