2019 and beyond- new admins, new design, a new path

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Hi everyone. It has been a big year for AKB48 and its family groups, from records to scandals and everything in between. The next year is looking exciting, but not more exciting than what S48 has in store.

First off, in a very overdue move, Kanjo, Kuura, and Cristafari have all been promoted to forum administrators, giving them the ability to alter site design, creating new forums for new groups, and handle account issues (registration etc). This will give us the flexibility and redundancy to keep everything running smoothly.

Secondly, MurasakiSora and Silenka have decided to step down as mods. Thank you for all your service!

Thirdly, plans to upgrade to the latest version of forum and wiki software are underway, so we can have access to all the latest features and security features. Catchpa and the forum layout have been problematic for a while so we plan to fix all that. Stay tuned for dates.

Last but not least, thank you all for your continued support of Stage48. This forum continues to get bigger and bigger every year (driving up server costs- your donations help a lot!!!), and it's all thanks to the passion of users and the mods working together to make this a great place. More details will follow soon in the meantime have a nice day!

June 17th edit-

Unfortunately I have to bring up an unpleasant topic- to keep the forum going, we need your support. Since we don't run advertising on the forum we rely on donations from users to pay the bills, and it's nearly time to pay them again. I know not everyone has the ability to donate, but if you're able to, it would be greatly appreciated! Some of the changes we want to implement to improve the forum (for example fixing the registration system captcha) rely on forum software that we need to pay for, so any support you can give us helps us a million. The pink donation button on the right side of the forum links to paypal that will 100% be spent on improving the forum. Any donation, big or small, will snag you a snazzy green "donor" badge to show our appreciation. (If your paypal and S48 emails are different, PM me your donor email address and I'll sort it out)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 32
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Duburin

Duburin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyawaki Sakura
    Thank you all for your hard work! I'm looking forward to what S48 has in store! :D

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Thank you. As a fellow mod, I am confident that the new admins Kanjo, Kuura, and Cristafari will do a good job in helping keep this place running smoothly.

Some of you may have noticed the new forums already. If not, just go to the home page http://stage48.net/forum/index.php and scroll down.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    Maybe one year later I finally get my donor badge. [hehe]

Good job and I’m looking forward to many more years with 48&46 and this forum. Also congratulations to the new admins! :1st:

5. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Sorry I missed that- could you PM me the email address you used for the donation?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    does that mean we can choose STU members as oshimen now too?

• Like Like x 1
  7. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Previous admins couldn't figure it out but with more admin manpower (adminpower? admanpower?) than ever, we might find a solution. I promise to try, at least.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Mana

Mana Under Girls

This is good news! Lately I was thinking that the forums need more admins so that updates can be done :flower:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but now that there are new admins, will the banners in the main page be changed? It's been over a year that it's IZ*ONE, the AKB elections... I think they all should be replaced with current events. I think there's less than 5 days left to vote but it would be nice to have a banner that links to the stage48 elections (it could stay there even after, for when the results will be posted and discussed). Then it could also have banners for current singles and events (AKB nationwide tour, STU new single, Hinata new single etc.) and have regular updates when necessary, it would be great if the new admins can do this ^^/

• Like Like x 3
  9. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    So what's the difference?

10. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Copying and pasting from the should-be completed to-do list

"Under STU Subforum:
    • STU48 KKS Gallery
    Under Keyakizaka Subforum:
    • Keyakizaka46 Graduated Members Gallery
    Under MNL Subforum:
    • Team MII + Gallery
    • Team NIV + Gallery
    • Team L + Gallery
    • MNL48 KKS + Gallery
    • MNL48 Graduated Members + Gallery
    Under BNK Subforum:
    • BNK48 Graduated Members + Gallery
    Brand new Subforum for Team TP, Team SH, and SGO48 + Gallery"

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    kanjo gave you the words, and here are some, but not all of, the pictures of what you should have seen.

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 8.42.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 8.43.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 8.43.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 8.43.32 PM.png

12. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    for SGO, for example, are the staff going to open the member threads or anyone can do it?

13. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Thanks for the ideas! We went and replaced the old rotating banners with the ranking and tour banners. We also have other ideas in store for the banners, so stay tuned!

Anyone can do it - just make sure to follow the general guidelines for OPs (you can look at other member threads in other subforums for tips).

14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Wouldn't it be more appropriate to use the Chinese and Taiwanese sister groups full names AKB48 Team TP and AKB48 Team SH ?

Anyway many thanks for the updates and hard work guys.

15. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Hi all, thanks for the feedback and encouragement! The mods and admins are hard at work creating a roadmap for improvements and changes to the forum, and improving features which have been lacking recently (the oshimen field, etc).

First, Silenka has also asked to step down as a mod, due to time constraints. Thank you for all your help until now!

Unfortunately I have to bring up an unpleasant topic- to keep the forum going, we need your support. Since we don't run advertising on the forum we rely on donations from users to pay the bills, and it's nearly time to pay them again. I know not everyone has the ability to donate, but if you're able to, it would be greatly appreciated! Some of the changes we want to implement to improve the forum (for example fixing the registration system captcha) rely on forum software that we need to pay for, so any support you can give us helps us a million. The pink donation button on the right side of the forum links to paypal that will 100% be spent on improving the forum. Any donation, big or small, will snag you a snazzy green "donor" badge to show our appreciation. (If your paypal and S48 emails are different, PM me your donor email address and I'll sort it out)

In the meantime we will continue working on plans and we will keep you updated! Thanks again!

edit: the Oshimen field is now freely editable. The name in the field might've been messed up a bit but you can fix that in your preferences. Please don't put bad things in there or the mods will change it for you!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  16. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I wondered where the spacing and the capitalisation went earlier today when I saw a post by Crystelle who has the same oshimen above mine, but in her case the spelling was correct :D
    (btw ... I'm kinda tempted to put in Kanji/Hirgana version now :/)

edit: I went ahead and did that, unless there are objections ... then I'll change it back, but I guess nowadays most browsers display Kanji/Hiragana and Katakana correctly ... and if you signed up for an AKB forum, I think you will have that enabled anyway.

17. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    The waffle is back! And how was @Cristafari is not already a mod???

18. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    He was. The three of us were promoted from mods to admins

19. Peach Anmitsu

Peach Anmitsu Kenkyuusei

Same! I never got mine either time and since it wouldnt let me post a link to my uploaded picture since I was so new I just gave up.

I will throw a bit towards the forum still though.

20. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I'm sorry for missing that, like I mentioned in the first post if your Paypal and Stage48 emails are different there's no way to figure out who is who, if you PM me your paypal email address I can crosscheck no problem.

• Like Like x 2