1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

22/7

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 23, 2017.

1. jessiejinx

jessiejinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu (Cuca)
    Oh my god this girl is a gem I love her :D we need more Sally in the idol world haha

2. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    Little late, but oh my god, I LOVE this girl haha
    Might even have to sign up directly with 22/7 just to follow her blog lol. Or not. Idk. Maybe I'll just save the page lol

3. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    Lol Sally is officially the most relatable idol I've ever met :'D I hope she'll keep posting stuffs like that~

on another note do we have more information on the synopsis or hen the show will start airing ?

4. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Before the anime starts, we need the 3 characters that are missing

5. qpet

qpet Future Girls

watch her SR. same quality stuff:D

6. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    ^^^ I keep missing them ;;

Oh right !

7. QuesoMadness

QuesoMadness Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
  8. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
  9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Details at Fortune Music (https://fortunemusic.jp/227_201804/) show that the venue in Tokyo is TBA.

For me it's not a good day to have it as I'll be at the AKB48 2-shot event in Yokohama otherwise I'd have applied for some tickets for Sally! (according to the schedule she'll be in slots 4 & 5.)

10. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    They just added another day for handshakes on 5/26. Sally will be doing slots 1 & 2 that day. The applications for that event will start next week with rounds 4-6.

http://www.nanabunnonijyuuni.com/news/archive/?491919

11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Shampoo no Nioi ga Shita MV (Short Version) (Need a VPN for it)

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
  13. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    I was there too! I wonder if we saw each other?

14. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Probably so, I noticed a couple groups of Westerners there, sorry I didn't have a chance to say hello!

22/7 2/27 Live Event
    I attended the 2/27/18 22/7 (haha, didn't notice the date thing at all until writing it out now) live event at Differ Ariake in Tokyo. Thought I would write up a brief report here. There were several articles written about it the day after, here's some I'd recommend with a bunch of pictures: https://abematimes.com/posts/3772665
    https://tokyopopline.com/archives/97853
    https://natalie.mu/music/news/271418

This was my first idol live performance, though I did attend the STU individual handshake in Big Sight the previous weekend - report here.

2018-02-27 18.07.54a.jpg 2018-02-27 17.19.50a.jpg 2018-02-27 17.19.10a.jpg 2018-02-27 17.19.08a.jpg 2018-02-27 17.19.49a.jpg
    I won tickets by pre-ordering their new single through the Sony Music Shop site - apparently 500 people won a pair of tickets, so I went with my friend who's also staying in Japan at the moment. We arrived at Differ about 5:30 and just milled around out front with the crowd in the cold waiting for instructions. There were a few (fan-provided I assume) flower displays out front. At 6 we were asked to line up by ticket number and filed into the theater building. After a quick ID check each person was given a random seat, which to be fair is what they said would happen, but was a little unfortunate since everyone came as a couple and then couldn't by default sit together. Just inside the lobby were a few additional flower displays from corporate sponsors.

Differ is small, and they had a minimal setup in the lobby - a merch table, an area to leave cards/small presents, and bathrooms. No food or anything else to do, so we entered the theater. Both my friend and I ended up with good seats, near the center and 5-6 rows back. The room was filled with folding chairs, maybe 25 rows altogether for the ~1000 attendees. The first 6-7 rows also got a survey on their seat asking which member had the best performance, and what you'd like to see from 22/7 in the future. We waited around a bit longer as the crowd slowly filled the room, and the performance started around 7. There were several cameras at the front and the event was live-streamed on Showroom.

3bf1818a86414a204488bfda33db1dee_1246d6cd1440b1e15ec079678e93350a.jpg (image from abematimes)
    The first part of the show was the 22/7 CG idols performing the A-side "僕は存在していなかった" from their first single, followed by a chat with the audience by four members (still digital), then a performance of "地下鉄抵抗主義", followed by four more members talking with the audience. Then they debuted the performance of their next A-side "シャンプーの匂いがした".

Since the whole idea of 22/7 is CG animated idols, I wasn't surprised to have this first half all in CG, but what I didn't realize until partway through the audience interaction part is that it was clearly being rendered in real-time. Apparently the members were backstage in full-body motion capture suits, so the CG idols reflected their movements. It actually worked very well, with only a few tracking issues occasionally with hands, and a bit of unnatural stiffness in the joints and clothes. I don't know, but I assume the actual music video parts were pre-recorded motion capture, as the tracking, movement, and clothes/hair physics seemed higher quality in those segments. The performances were fun and the members seemed to be getting into it, even if they were clearly nervous. I also really like the new A-side, which is a plus.

32fcae5134a3547aafcc2449a1e5fa63_d273d36733821974881474836fd36f24.jpg (image from abematimes)
    They then slightly reconfigured the stage to make the screen smaller, the MC came out, and the show transitioned to a series of dramatic readings. Members had previously competed for the opportunity to read a short story at the performance. One at a time Kuraoka Mizuha, Siajou Nagomi, and Hanakawa Mei came to the microphone and did their dramatic readings. This was the first opportunity to actually see the members on stage, and although their voices were very good (they were hired as voice actresses after all) they were all literally trembling with nervousness and kept forgetting their stage directions. I thought Hanakawa had the best performance, and started strong using her free hand to accentuate the reading. The Showroom audience apparently agreed, and she easily won the live poll the MC announced after the final reading.

b4a3a5e5b17a682235519edf593ea5a6_ba0ffecf8271a438fc15aa878af87980.jpg (image from abematimes)
    The other members then gathered on the stage and they performed two pieces from their new single, "やさしい記憶" and "叫ぶしかない青春". I really enjoyed the performance - though the first thing I noticed is that although I had heard from Sally that Ruri was tall, I didn't realize she was so much taller than everyone else. They then had an MC segment to introduce each member to the audience. I was excited to finally get to cheer on my oshi (Chiharu), and my other favorites Sally and Ruri. Chiharu had a bit of an older, grounded (maybe motherly?) air as I expected. Ruri reminded me a lot of Habu Mizuho from Keyakizaka46 - stand-out tall, beautiful, and a bit of an awkward dancer for now but still exciting to watch. Having seen Sally so often on Showroom it was strange to finally see her in person - mostly I'd say she looks a lot more idol-like in reality (and I mean that in a good way). Also despite the hot Cheetos, she is looking a lot thinner than she lets on in Showroom.

After the MC they did a live performance of "僕は存在していなかった" and "シャンプーの匂いがした", which were also really enjoyable and mimicked the CG presentation from the opening segment. They then said some quick goodbyes and left the stage. Then there was a long (although I don't know, perhaps normal for Japan) call for an encore from the audience, lasting at least a few minutes. Finally, they did come back on stage and lined up to talk to the audience. They were clearly both nervous and flattered to, as several said, be called out for their first encore. The first member to talk broke down crying almost immediately, and that quickly propagated so that it was a very emotional MC session. Each successive member tried to start out strong, but each eventually got choked up - even Sally. But there were many encouraging calls from the audience, and everyone seemed very happy with experience. They then performed "11人が集まった理由" and finally left the stage.

e47274d97dffb596bc2d34da6f6244b7_997233404b18a04cc2161e194c7476fc.jpg (image from abematimes)
    There was then a short preview of their new MV for "シャンプーの匂いがした" before the lights finally came up. They didn't let anyone out of the theater immediately, then started dismissing one row at a time. At first I thought they were just very serious about collecting the surveys, but actually the members had been gathered in a group in the lobby to wave goodbye as we filed out. I was caught a bit off guard being able to see them again, but as my friend later pointed out, compared to AKB theater shows they were very far away and the line was pushed past them very quickly, plus the members were all standing, almost huddled, shoulder-to-shoulder so it was hard to pick them out as you rushed by. Still, I managed to get Ruri's attention and a nice smile, and called to Sally and Chiharu. I did get to tell Chiharu in Showroom later that I was sad I missed getting her attention at the end, so I guess it worked out.

Overall, even though I'm into the group more for the music than the potential anime, I had a really good time. It was great to see the members, and you could really feel their emotions (to be fair a lot of that emotion was nervous energy). Their voices are also all very nice live, both talking, dramatic readings, and singing, which is a lot more than can be said for your average Japanse idol. Hopefully one day I'll be back in Japan and get to see them again, though I suspect it will get harder as their popularity grows.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  15. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Thank you for your report!

16. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Trying to get in all the idol events I can before leaving Japan, I went to one of the 22/7 "theater" events today. This one was at the Koshigaya-Laketown Tower Records in Saitama.

I went to the second event for the day, which featured Hokaze Chiharu and Saijyou Nagomi. I got there about an hour early to make sure I could find it and see about getting tickets (the event is free to watch but you can get a ticket for the "high touch" event if you preorder at the store, plus guaranteed space at the event, plus I drew a random ticket to a guaranteed place in the following performance, too). There was a small stage set up at one side of the store and I got an event flyer at the door, but otherwise there wasn't anything going on. I was pondering the preorder form when suddenly the event started a half hour early. I quickly went back to the stage area where Chiharu and Nagomi were in the middle of reciting something, but then a staff member next to me was hopping around waving their hands. After some confusion they said something to the effect of, "oh, that was just a rehearsal, see you in a half hour!" and left quickly. Whoops. o_O

JPEG_20180311_151256a.jpg
    My Japanese reading isn't good enough to properly fill out the preorder form, but fortunately the staff took pity on me and my poor explanation and helped me with it. :worthy:Tickets in hand I went back to the stage area. Soon thereafter the event started for real this time, with an MC coming up on stage followed by Chiharu and Nagomi, looking chipper and with their hair tied back. There were about a dozen fans that had gotten there early, mostly older guys. Then in the middle with me were younger guys and a few women. In the back and poking out of the aisles were other curious shoppers and some girls that seemed pretty interested in the event. Probably around 35 people at any one time.

It started with the members introducing themselves and the group. Chiharu did a good job of putting on a brave face and being genki - she spoke loudly and clearly. Then it was Nagomi's turn and she was very much a deer in the headlights. After an awkward pause and some encouragement from Chiharu (who stopped several times to whisper advice to her at various times), the MC, and the friendly audience, Nagomi managed to explain in a small voice that she was very nervous but happy to be there with the fans. It seemed like she might break down crying right then, but she made it through that low point and improved through the rest of the event.

Next they performed about a ten minute skit from memory. Unfortunately I could only understand bits and pieces, and apparently they were both really laying on the Kansai-ben, much to the amusement of the audience. Chiharu was playing the wise senpai and Nagomi the shy kouhai, which fit reality pretty well anyway. :^^;: Even having trouble following along, the performance was really good - they had obviously practiced the lines and their stage-work well. After well-earned applause they (well mostly Chiharu) spent the rest of the half hour talking about how happy they are to be in 22/7, about how the new single has a different, cuter tone than the first one, and that they like the new outfits (which I like too; they seem a bit reminiscent of Keyakizaka's Silent Majority uniforms but in plaid skirts). Nagomi, who had done really well during the skit, got stage fright again here at the end, at one point subconsciously I think hiding her face behind her microphone with one hand and clinging onto the hem of Chiharu's skirt with the other. I'm not sure either member really noticed at first, but the audience thought it was pretty adorable.

After the talk ended the members left to applause, and there was a brief hiatus as they wheeled out a table and formed the line for the high touch. I didn't actually know what a high touch was when I got the ticket, but I figured it was similar to a handshake event. As the name implies it's basically a chance to hi-five the members and say a couple words (they gave us about 3-4 seconds per member). After turning over your ticket they check your hands then you can go up to the table. Maybe about half the people who had been watching it seemed had tickets, but I ended up near the front (it seems most people wanted to be at the back of the line). So I suddenly ended up hi-fiveing Chiharu and speaking incoherent Japanese :fp:. But I managed to say I was happy to meet her and that she's my oshi. Then to Nagomi I said she did well and was happy to see her again and thanked them both.

It was a more fun event than I had been expecting - I had been reluctant to go for several reasons, but I'm quite glad I did. The experience was quite different from the show in Differ, with the members (granted only two) only a few feet away and playing to a small audience. So from the moment they came out on stage you get lots of waving, smiles, and eye contact. Actually that was probably the most surprising part, as I felt (well maybe as the tall white guy I stand out) that I kept catching both of their eyes during the half hour. Both were super cute and Nagomi, although a little taller than Chiharu, is really tiny. Chiharu was wonderful as I had hoped, and her voice was fantastic. At one point after the skit she fell into her character's voice in a back-and-forth with Nagomi (until Nagomi froze up, lol), which was quite fun to listen to live. There are more of these next weekend in Tokyo, though I'm not sure I'll be able to go. Will report back if I do.

Here's the official post-event photo. You can't see me cheering behind the cameraman, but I am. They were being so awkward, it took a while to get this shot. [hehe]

Edit: I forgot to mention, randomly on the way out of the mall I passed another idol group performing (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsuri_Bit) where there had been a runway fashion show on my way in (this mall complex is really hopping). They were super cute in red plaid skirts and white shirts with red bows, though the songs didn't immediately grab me.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  17. SaitoWinterStar

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I had such a good time at the first 22/7 theater event I attended that I decided I wanted to go back again. Ok, I also really wanted to see Chiharu again, and meet Ruri. Fortunately there were more events being held on 3/18/18 at the Tower Records in Diver City mall in Odaiba. The problem being I also wanted to attend the SKE48 National Handshake that day in Yokohama (write-up here). Despite the fact these are on opposite sides of Tokyo, I decided to go for it.

2018-03-18 16.25.39a.jpg

I attended the SKE mini-live performance that morning, then ran to the 12:15 Shinkansen and made it into the Tower Records at 12:58. The first performance of the day was a repeat of the Hokaze Chiharu and Saijyou Nagomi pair at 1pm. I also wanted a handshake ticket, and I was able to fill out the preorder form (again with the gracious help of the Tower staff for a few of the tricky address kanji) and pay for it with the last few coins from my pockets just as the members took the stage.

The setup was similar to the previous event, except that this store was much smaller (a “mini” location), so the stage and audience area took up a good third of the store, with the stage backed against the front window. This led to many curious passers-by poking their heads in during the performances, even though the store was in a quiet corner of the mall. Even from the back I had a good view, and the crowd was a bit larger than the first time.

After introductions they performed about a 15-minute skit, different from their first one. I had more trouble following along this time, but still enjoyed their performance. Chiharu had most of the lead, and has a good range of emotion, as well as throwing in some cute twirls and stage direction. Nagomi, while not as mortally shy as the first time, still let her nerves show and stumbled here and there, but Chiharu kept things together and had a definite confidence. After the skit there was a bit of discussion with the MC, including Chiharu explaining that they had ad-libbed more portions today. They then signed the poster for their upcoming single, and took a publicity photo.

DYi4DsXU0AARn2t.jpg https://twitter.com/TOWER_Divercity/status/975231710919995392

Then they waved to the crowed and hurried to the back room while the staff set up the high-touch table and arranged the crowd into a line. It seemed most of the people there had tickets this time, and I got in closer to the end of the line (feeling bad as I was still a bit overheated from running all the way from Yokohama). They only gave you a few seconds with each member for the high-fives and a few words, so the line moved quickly. I handed over my ticket and said hello again to Nagomi, and praised her performance. I told her I was headed back to the US the next day, but wished her luck. Then was Chiharu. As soon as I stepped over she smiled wide and greeted me by my Showroom username, which was pretty shocking considering I never told her, and I wouldn’t have expected her to remember it anyway. I tried to overcome my surprise and thanked her, telling her I was leaving the next day but would look out for her in Showroom. I said goodbye as I was pushed aside, and she turned and waved after me as I backed away, ignoring the next person for a moment.

I decided to hang around the store until the end of the hi-touch this time to see what happened. Once everyone was through, the members actually said a few more words and thanked us for coming, then waved and made their exit through the back. After they were gone, the staff set up the signed poster in front of the stage and the remaining fans filed past to get a picture if they wanted.

2018-03-18 13.46.15a.jpg 2018-03-18 13.48.35a.jpg

I left and went across the mall to replenish my cash and got a very fast lunch, then returned to the store at about 3pm for one more pre-order for the Umino Ruri and Miyase Reina event at 3:30. As I came in Ruri and Reina actually ran out to the stage, and announced they were going to practice, to the delight of about a dozen fans already waiting. They awkwardly tried positioning themselves on the stage and said a few lines before their manager came and retrieved them, announcing they would be back at the half-hour.

Hi-touch ticket in hand, I returned to the audience area and got a bit closer position this time. The members re-appeared right on schedule, and it was immediately obvious they were both more outgoing and comfortable on stage. The audience was about twice the size as the earlier show, but with a lot of the same people in front. Both have somewhat goofy personalities, but Ruri became very serious (actually, it immediately struck me as very Chiharu-like) once the skit began.

I also had trouble following their skit, but it was fun and clearly they had practiced well. They looked much the same in person as on Showroom or their live – Ruri was tall, thin, and with adorable ears. She may have been a bit awkward at the live, but here she seemed ready to go. Reina was tiny and cute – she also seemed to be the crowd favorite, and was quick to take charge. They also both really played to the audience – Ruri throwing in all sorts of twirls, embracing and rubbing each other, and touching foreheads at the end and nearly kissing. Actually, during the final segment the MC asked them what was going on there, and they dutifully repeated the scene, with Reina losing her composure and exclaiming how embarrassing it was. They both agreed they had never been that close to another member before. They also said they had only had about an hour of practice, which was surprising.

They discussed the 22/7 documentary that will apparently be on the Type-B disc. Reina had a story she wanted to tell about Ruri, who then with an alarmed look started vigorously shaking her head. Reina seemed to let it go, but then came around to the topic again and Ruri turned on her and backed her into a corner of the stage until she relented. They also signed the poster, although only after much wrangling, with Reina seeming very confused about where and what to write. Then Ruri seemed to be very embarrassed about the publicity photo for some reason. They eventually said their goodbyes and ran off.

DYj8ZylV4AEFzhB.jpg https://twitter.com/TOWER_Divercity/status/975306852194951174

For the high-touch about half the audience seemed to have tickets, but I realized some had at least four or five. I’m not sure why I hadn’t thought to treat this more like a 46G/48G handshake event and get multiple tickets, but for some reason it didn’t occur to me before. I told Ruri I was from the US and thanked her, saying I would watch her Showrooms. Reina had a huge smile and had the most enthusiastic hi-touch. After I greeted and thanked her, she said “thank you for coming” in great English. After the hi-touch, which took longer with several fans recycling multiple times, they did a little impromptu dance to the new Shampoo music that was looping over the sound system, and then made a rambunctious exit, with Reina and Ruri jumping up and down and waving goodbye at the back door until the staff hurried over and pushed them through.

2018-03-18 16.18.49a.jpg

I left very happy (running back to the SKE event in Yokohama), and still in shock that Chiharu remembered me. It was also great to see Ruri, she’s definitely my 22/7 #2. Also after seeing them again, Reina and Nagomi are definitely growing on me.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  18. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    At Anime Japan this weekend, they released two teaser trailers for the upcoming 22/7 anime series.

They also had a booth with a monitor that would play video messages from Fujima Sakura (Sally's character). There was a Japanese version and an English version.

Japanese version

https://twitter.com/0nokoru0/status/977420832367558657

English version

https://twitter.com/0nokoru0/status/977417863463018496

19. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
  20. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    According to Sally on Showroom, it was Anixplex's idea to make that video. But yeah it does give hope for a possible English dub.