1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert 2nd AKB48 group singing contest (2019/10/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Jul 13, 2019.

1. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I...

I know the song that Moeka sang and boy I'm glad not a lot of watchers knew that song and realized she just cut the long note which was supposed to be the climax of the song. That being said, it was still a top 3 performance, good for her tho.

Now, can NMB promote Amiru before the end of the year (maybe a senbatsu spot too, cause' why not?). Aside from Hino's case (NGT drama), she was the only KKS participant who hasn't been promoted. M has always been stacked, now Udon has left the building maybe now they will have room for her.

Churi's first performance tho. Whew, the emotional performance that we need.

Akiyoshi choosing IWALY was... a choice. This has the same energy with Juri choosing Hirahara Ayaka's Jupiter last year and unfortunately the result was also similar. There are just some songs you don't want to mess with.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  2. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

[This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated.]

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2020
  4. welp

welp Next Girls

Watching this show make me believe AKS needs creative team. The singing wasn't just boring but the format, the stage decoration, the MCing were dated, felt so Showa. AKS should have known from the very beginning this second competition didn't worth it.

I wish AKS produces a show similar to the Korean show Queendom with 1 48 group fights against groups from various agencies with special performances. The competition was a combination of performance skill and creativity and gave viewers a peek into the process before the performance.

The show may be divided into 2 parts. In part 1 is the competition among 48 groups to find the winner to be the rep of 48 to participate in part 2. In part 2 is the competition between 48 rep and others.

In part 1, I will love to see
    1) The meeting among the director/group captain, team captains and other relevant persons over the team roster, how many members will it have, who will those members are.
    2) The meeting among the director/group captain and roster members over the performance plan, what concept/theme will they go after, what song will they perform and how will they make it special, what costume will they wear etc.
    3) the practice
    4) Behind the stage moments
    5) the performance, of course.

In part 2, I will love to see 2), 3), 4) and 5) of each team in each round.

Through the show, we can see
    - The working system of each group, see what is the role of the director/captain, see if the meeting is a discussion/the brainstorming or simply a briefing.
    - Members we barely know
    - New sides of known members
    - The standing of 48 next to other idols

Such show will present new side of 48 group to non-fans and enforce the sense of team over individuality among members and fans.

Indeed, Aki-P did something similar with Last Idol but that show was super dull as each team performed the same 1 song over and over and the judgement was absurd. Also, the production value of the show was poor.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

A lot of words when what you're actually saying is "blah blah blah K-Pop".

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    it is a TBS / AKS production
    It is is not K-pop
    If you don't like, don't watch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    AKS do have that, it's called a documentary

• Like Like x 1
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

And, the program was big of a success that Tencent has been considering making a (pirate) Chinese version. Not like Produce 101 Japan didn't exist.

Why may it matter where the format originated from? It is the format that best promoted idol groups in years. AoA, who had been walking down the hill for 3 years, has brought back to spotlight thanks to this show.

Just thinking a AKB48 and Bish will take turn covering each other's song is exciting.

So, those documentaries showcase new special performances in full to the public weekly? And, how much have you seen about the back process of each AKB48's performance? How the hell they conclude the line-up, who create the show etc.?

As I mentioned, a closer comparison would be Last Idol Season 2. But, contestants just re-performed the same performance over and over and, unlike Queendom, it was not music award performance level.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    lol wut

Uhh yeah all the documentaries showcase right here on Netflix48
    https://akb48group-eizo.jp/home

I mean they even have the flushot footages too which I don't think Kpop has yet to have anyone to thought about showcasing their idols in

Then I guess your main point is you want to be watching those WEEKLY

10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Just since it is AKB48 groups singing contest, why on earth with such a title would they go for an all idol performance competition ?
    It just defeats the show purpose in the 1st place.
    A show meant to nominate the most remarquable singer in the franchise, not the best overall idol.

If you expect something else, you are not watching the right program.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  12. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  13. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  14. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I've got 2 extra tickets for the finalist live on February 4th, available separately or together. I need to find 2 people until 19th (the sooner the better), otherwise I will cancel the tickets so if you are interested let me know now. The entry would be with me and my friend (so anyone can enter, regardless of gender, age, nationality etc. - it's our names on the tickets) but later we would switch the seats so me and my friend would sit together and the 2 people who bought the tickets would also sit together. Also willing to trade one or both tickets for certain TDC hall or STU concerts if you've got the tickets for those (message me for details).

EDIT: Only 1 ticket still available.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    • Like Like x 1
  16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 1