1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

2nd Gen Thread Official

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by mayuri91, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Consensus seems to hint that no other 2nd Gen can rival Hori. She's alone in front of 2nd Gen and the others follow in her wake. I'm glad she fights for them.
    I believe their identity is the lost generation. I wish fans would find them though. I like the whole bunch.

2. glsone

glsone Member

Pretty easy to get lost when you get dumped into the wild with no map like management did to second gen.

3. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Sure. Sure. But fans should go search for them. There's plenty of reasons to cheer for them. As a Nogizaka member they deserve our love.

4. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    True. But with much less appearance and activities, compared to 3rd gen and senbatsu, it's hard to actually sustain your interest. Fans generally tend to diligently follow members who can compensate their eagerness with media appearance and other stuff.

5. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I'm the opposite. The ones that are not appearing out there always, I thirst for their appearance and look, at least try to, forward to when ever they show up. It's the MD in me that wants to keep track of even the least worthy.

Also, appearances doesn't explain the lack of popularity that Karin experiences. She has a reasonable amount of activities such as the shogi show and even that Disney cruise show, but she her popularity hasn't increased. I think that fans just choose to follow who they want. The MD in me wants these fans to follow everyone, but I know that is an impossibility. But I'll keep pushing for those to look down the line and see the good in some of the less popular members.

6. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Maybe because of her age noobs automatically assume she is 1st gen. I'm happy that mgmt acknowledges and gives her more media exposure. With the departure of Maimai and Nanamin many older fans gravitated toward her. Also her OLBBA, Onna shachou, kyabajou chara makes her interesting. Many fans consider her a "late bloomer" despite her age.

Since the intro of 3rd gen it is now even harder for 2nd gen members to break into senbatsu. Which is a shame because I think members like Junna (great singer and funny), Miria and Renachi can become really popular if given more exposure. I think Renachi is trying with SR but that can only do so much.

Mgmt really has a tough task to make things right with 2nd gen but I don't see that anytime soon because everyone is riding the 3rd gen wave.

7. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Very true... I mean even the 3rd Gen thread got aroudn 400 messages now, where this one not even reach 30s :D

All that being said, I think they all still got chance to bloom albeit might be a little late.
    I think Bananaman's Shitara even mentioned something when Kitano is selected as senbatsu in Koujichuu... Something like "2nd Gen got promoted when Nogi is on it's rise, so the attention might focus too much on 1st Gens".

Some 2nd Gens are pretty close in age to 3rd gens (like Miria / Zukki) so it's becoming even more hard competition for them.

In my opinion though, 2nd Gens are pretty quite. They should try to attract more attention to themselves during TV Shows / other occasions. There are plenty of NogiTen Episodes with 2nd Gens which felt quite boring to watch since except the MC, no one is really participating in the conversation. Well... maybe it's Japanese senpai-kouhai thing which makes them hesitate to do so...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  8. hazehazy

hazehazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoda Yuki
    Why would her popularity take off from there when all she got was a position in the back row with barely any screen time? If that's all it take to be popular all those unpopular 1st gens should be super popular as well because they all have had a senbatsu appearance at one point.

9. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    At least being in senbatsu means more appearance in Nogizaka Koujichuu/Doko or other media (such as magazine). Not saying that it's a guarantee of popularity but it could be a starting point and then build it up from there. Still much better than other 2nd gens who never been in senbatsu.

10. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    I think if they gori push kiichan like miona, she can be at least fukujin level. You know, even with little push she got, her hs has been popular. But i think her popularity has been surpassed by shinuchi mai nowadays. Ranze probably gonna be new 2nd gen fave and tie in with kiichan.

11. Yuuki

Yuuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Twitter:
    kiyuukiii
    Well, this mgmnt seems really like these airdrop, that in addition to fewer senbatsu makes it seems like they have another stepback after what seems like a promising step forward with four 2nd gens at Influencer's senbatsu (maybe that's because large senbatsu but who knows..)
    I also heard somewhere that mgmnt want to "strengthen" the undergirls a bit since they'll release album soon(which I didn't know when). While mgmnt really should give the other girls a shot at senbatsu, they also didn't want to waste this 3rd gen momentum with another airdrop like this, that's why it's like this(it's only my opinion though)

Would really like to see this happen, like a what if scenario when another 2nd gen will make it to fukujin alongside miona to see what they capable of in a bit spotlight. They have that potential to shine,just lacking the opportunity imo..

12. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Really glad this thread exist. I think the next girls among 2nd gen will be Ranze. Ayane and Miria has been sub for Senbatsu members for a lot of time, so I think they are in good position as well. I am guessing management also likes to use Karin as sub because she is just so reliable.

Nevertheless I am really glad the 2nd Gen Unders have started to get stable outside job. If I mention a few..

Ito Karin: Shogi Focus
    Ito Junna: Various stage plays (Inuyasha being one of her best portfolio)
    Sagara Iori: (Honestly I don't know if she has outside works. She is really gorgeous tho, could do very well in modelling or shampoo advertisement.. She ranked one of the top 10 the most beautiful Idol I think? Along with Maiyan and Kotoko, but the news of her being in the rank didn't explode as much as it does for Kotoko)
    Sasaki Kotoko <3: Agent HaZap
    Suzuki Ayane: Agent HaZap
    Terada Ranze: Some modelling here and there. I saw her become a cover model for a Harajuku style (?) fashion mags before
    Yamazaki Rena: (I don't know if she has any outside works. Probably busy with university but I believe it will pay off like it does for Chiharu. I am amazed with how dedicated she is in doing Showroom)
    Watanabe Miria: (Not much idea about her outside works either)

And if I were to include Kiichan, she has Zipper with her, but that magazine is going under..
    And of course Miona and Maichun is doing very well as Senbatsu member

13. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    I think junna can be big if she has management push. Imnot sure why management didnt pushed her yet but i hope it is not because of junna has any attitude or lack of interest. She seems doing well in stage plays.

14. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    A year after they entered Nogizaka46. :inlove:

if the video does not show watch the video here

15. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Probably at this point Miona spends much more time with 1st gen than 2nd gens. I almost always forget that she is 2nd gen.

Purin-kai (Miona, Miria, Ayane) is a unique 2nd gen dynamics and I like it. Are they trying to self-promote as a sub-unit? I think they also have their own 755?

16. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I have a free 48-hour guest pass to Crunchyroll Premium+ service to giveaway. If anyone wants to watch Kotoko and Ayane in their Hazap show (subbed up to ep 15 by the time I am writing this), just PM me and I will send you the guest pass. Only one pass is available so first come first serve.

You should check first of all if you can watch it in your respective country tho.
    https://www.crunchyroll.com/japa-con-presents-agent-hazap

You can use it to watch the anime, a few dramas, and read the comics they have there (AoT included) for free within the 48 hours.

17. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
  18. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Sad to see Iori graduating. She's the first 2nd gen member who will graduate since a while. Hopefully the rest of 2nd gen persists and Hinako back to health. I like that Miona shows more of her hanging around with fellow 2nd gen (i.e. Purin Kai) as that will pull more interest towards 2nd gen.

19. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Hers is actually the first 2nd Gen graduation considering that the three others were considered kenkyuusei at the time of theirs.

I wish that Miona could pull them all up, but she can't do it alone no matter how awesome she is.

20. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Oh, I see! Yeah, you're so right. It is amazing these 2nd gens have been here for that long considering the terrible treatment they've had. Iori was one of the lucky ones.

Agreed with what you say about Miona. I hope their time is coming.