1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[3/11] Earthquake & tsunamis in Japan (all x48 are ok)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by delerium, Mar 11, 2011.

1. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

its shusshin so its someone born there.

shit ;______________;

2. aihime

aihime Kenkyuusei

I know in talent agency profiles in Japan, the place of birth is sometimes where the person spent most of his/her life (I know in AKB and others there are cases where the talent changed his/her place of birth on their profiles).

I think this KKS was born in Miyagi, but put another prefecture in for her birthplace just because she spent more time there.

3. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi
    But if she'd lived most of her life there, wouldn't that mean her home/parents and stuff would be in that place rather than her birthplace? Since I'm guessing she lived with her parents. So how would they be affected?

Unless it was her grandparents or something that were affected?

ok, I'm not being helpful x_____X

4. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

Did they pick 12th gen yet? Maybe it's a 12th gen...just wondering because that person claimed Hitomin's coming back with 12th gen, so...

5. aihime

aihime Kenkyuusei

^
    Could be. The 12th gen already had their first lesson.

6. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

It's most likely a 12th gen member. As far as I know no member has come from even the whole of Touhoku apart from Nakayan. That would also explain why she would be in Sendai, must not have moved to Tokyo yet.

7. mixedmedia

mixedmedia Kenkyuusei

While it would be nice to support AKB's donation fund for the Japanese Red Cross, if overseas donations aren't possible through their account, then this link is pretty much the same thing: http://www.google.com/crisisresponse/japanquake2011.html right?

Already donated some money to mercycorps.org through another (unrelated to idols) message board, so I'll be donating to Red Cross Japan when I get home.

8. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
  9. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

Went and donated $50 through my Jap student society today, the girl who was in charge of the donations opened the money box and there was quite a bit of money in it. Makes me feel a bit happier in light of all this. :) Volunteered to help out if they ever need hands on fundraising activities as well.

You would think it's about time for some 'good' news...*sigh*
    Was the reason for the explosion, the same as reactor 1 and 3?

10. cabowabobobbo

cabowabobobbo Kenkyuusei

11. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    There's a lot of fear going around about the radiation, with phrases like "6 times the normal background radiation" and the like being thrown around, with absolutely no context to tell you if that's safe (it is). It should be noted that radiation is EVERYWHERE; you'll get many times the "normal" dose just by flying on a plane. Or eating a banana. In fact, you can even use bananas as a measure of radiation. :rofl:

12. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Note to myself: I for sure need to wipe off any suspiciously glowing "dust" from Tomochin DVD after it will arrive in late April.

13. mixedmedia

mixedmedia Kenkyuusei

That can't be good....I love bananas! そんなバナナ! [sweat]

So did Japan ask for help from the American Red Cross yet? I hope so since a lot of the benefit items seem to be donating their proceeds to the American Red Cross. Saw that one online article but it must be a few days old already.

14. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

That's true, everytime I watch a Tonari no Banana performance I feel rather radioactive...!!! :rofl:

15. tempuser

tempuser Kenkyuusei

16. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

500mil Yen? [wonder] That's uh...500 000 000YEN? Dude, u SURE that sum's right!? That's friggin 6mil+ USD!?
    Firstly, I doubt AKB will have that kind of allowance/budget. Secondly, that will (probably) strip AKB bare even if they had that kind of money. Despite how AkiP is a genius I still don't think this will be a risk he would take. :wtf:

17. z3144228

z3144228 Kenkyuusei

18. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

Oh I see, makes more sense that way. I thought AKB was smacking that 500mil cheque from their pockets. :fp:

19. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

^ that would have been bad why? If they have that kind of money to spare wouldn't it be okay to use it for quake relief purposes?

20. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Because there would be no way for AKB48 to have 6 million dollars cash laying around. That would make them more valuable than some corporations.

It's not "good" or "bad", it's just not realistic, hence why it was questioned. Only a company worth hundreds of millions or even billions could afford to give away that much money. (eg Microsoft are one of the biggest donators to charity around, giving away tens of millions of dollars a year. And they're worth $250 billion)