1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[3/11] Earthquake & tsunamis in Japan (all x48 are ok)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by delerium, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Chukato

Chukato Kenkyuusei

Found this on tokuhain.arukikata.co.jp. Some information on the relief concert.
    Hmmm they left Guam and now they are going back in short notice. :blink:

2. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Check my last post..., it has the poster. ^^

PS: But... they will do anything?, I mean, it's "just" Wasamin and Yannu...

I haven't seen doing anything together since........ never!

3. Chukato

Chukato Kenkyuusei

Whoops, was skim reading. how did i miss that? >_<

4. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Lol... it is a nice poster, though. xD but again... what the....?... anyway, good for those 2 ^^

(damn, why Guam instead of Chile?.... stupid question, stupid answer: there would be 4 people: Kumako because I'd go to her city and grab her from the ear, Armi because she knows she must go and maybe Ange is we convince her... damn!).

PS: Your signature is broken. u.u

5. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    To anybody that's interested, you can donate in other ways besides American Red Cross.

Hamasaki Ayumi + ViVi charity shirt.
    http://shop.mu-mo.net/avx/sv/list1?jsit ... _id=800260

Mike Shinoda (from Linkin Park) charity shirt.
    http://linkinpark.shop.bravadousa.com/D ... 0873_42463

KARA will donate all the sales from their latest single to relief.

Go go go!

(I'm contemplating if I should buy stock or government bonds from Japan, not as investment, but to provide their economy with help. Maybe not now, but later...)

6. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Marc Bernabé is perhaps the most ‘famous’ Japanese translator (that is, a person who translates things from Spanish to Japanese and viceversa) here in Spain and, even though he lives in Osaka, he was in Tokyo last Thursday. He has always been critical about the way the western news media are handling this tragedy so he posted a video in yt where he showed a little of how life is in Tokyo these days. Of course, that video is in Spanish so I decided to make English subtitles and upload it to mediafire because I think it’s very interesting. Don’t expect a lot of numbers and scientific data, it’s just the point of view of one ordinary person from Tokyo. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did (and please, forgive me for the thousand mistakes I made when translating it due to the haste and my poor English [notme] )

http://www.mediafire.com/?ykqh97ospg546dp

7. katastr0phical1

katastr0phical1 Kenkyuusei

Another way to indirectly help..

CDJapan is donating 2% of sales between the 16th and 31st. to Japan's Red Cross.
    They are also keeping a total of what that number is on their site as well.
    Link To Info

--
    FedEx has resumed all shipments in and out of Japan aside from a few areas as of 03/17.

8. suki-gin

suki-gin Kenkyuusei

Thank you for the information on other places which also allow donations and Thank You for sharing karles48~

9. z3144228

z3144228 Kenkyuusei

Why we love 48 Family <3 <3 <3

[​IMG]
    SKE48 members rising donation money at sunshine Sakae

10. mihipyon

mihipyon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    mihi427
    From Yuko's blog: victims at Sendai lift up their kids' spirit at refugee shelter with AKB48's "Heavy Rotation".
    http://amba.to/gV1UBL (see the piece of newspaper that caps by yuko) :)

11. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

^ As expected of AKB48!!

found this picture online somewhere
    [​IMG]

12. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg

Saturday 19th March, 04:18 PM JST

TUMON BAY, Guam —

Members of AKB48, Japan’s top-selling all-girl pop group, will join with six local bands and an island cultural dance group to headline “Japan Aid,” an all-day concert on Sunday night the Hilton Guam Resort & Spa. Proceeds of the concert will benefit victims of the devastating earthquake and tsunami, which struck Japan on March 11.

The concert will be staged at Hilton Park, near the entrance of the 32-acre complex that is Hilton Guam Resort & Spa. Admission is a $15 donation, for the event that runs from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Food, drink, souvenirs, family activities and raffle tickets will be available at the venue. All proceeds will be donated to the Guam chapter of the American Red Cross, for transfer to the Japan relief effort.

AKB48 have been Japan’s top selling artists for five years, with 20 hit singles, several iconic music videos and a live stage show performed nightly in Tokyo’s Akihabara district. Two members of AKB48, Iwasa Misaki and Suzuki Mariya, will perform and sign autographs at the “Japan Aid” concert.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/ente ... -for-japan

13. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

^ True idols have the ability give hope and can motivates people to move on.

AKB48 you are the best example :]

14. Ampersand

Ampersand Kenkyuusei

Just cross-posting this because the AKB shop in HK is donating as well separate from the AKB/AKS donation in Japan:

The caring influence of AKB is strong. I'm proud to be their fan. ;w;

I'm busy watching a report on television on the psychological impact of this disaster on the victims right now. :cry:

15. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

^
    1%...In terms of YEN, that would be about 120~180YEN for every sale. For it to even sum up to a reasonable amount of money, the retailer would at least need to sell about 100 copies, approximately 200,000YEN. (That will be enough to feed a small amount of people for only a few meals) I wish they can jack up the percentage a bit, but at least they're donating.

I was reading the newspaper today and saw a picture of an elderly grandma crying her heart out at the scene of destroyed houses and rubble. My eyes went watery... :cry:

On a more happier note, my dad's friend, who was supposed to take me to Japan during X'mas is still in Japan for volunteer services. He goes there every year to ski, but since the earthquake/tsunami hit he's abandoned his pre-organised schedule and has signed up for a volunteer to help the people out. I respect him for that, especially in light of all the radiation panic that's been going on.

16. Ampersand

Ampersand Kenkyuusei

^ I know you crossed it out but I would like to point out in case anyone else feels that way, the shop is just ONE shop that is licensed to sell products but doesn't earn anything other than from what it sells (i.e. it's not part of the Japanese management getting profits from singles, etc.) so HKD100,000 (approx. 1,033,143.15 JPY) is a substantial amount and in addition they are still going to send that 1% to the victims as well. or I dunno... maybe you only saw the bit about the percentage and not the upfront donation which is why you had that... and then crossed it out? Ah well... ^^;

You know, I logged onto my online banking to pay my school fees today and I just thought about how much help that money could have be if I donated it, you know? Then I felt guilty. Donating what I can feels so little but every bit counts, right?

17. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

Well considering all the other nuclear facilitys shut down according to plan, and how exspensive it would be to get any significant oil or gas piping over to japan (unlike another dencley populated island like the uk japan is an island that has little to none gas, oil or coal reserves in it's borders)

i think instead of japan not using nuclear energy they should update the faciltys more frequently. This plant was about to be decomissioned as far as it know and it was over 30 yrs old.

I can't be bothered getting into the details right now, but it is just too exspensive for japan to rely on gas and oil like the uk and still use as much energy as they use now.

18. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I wouldn't feel guilty.

We're unsure where or what our money is contributing to, exactly. There's been reports that the fuel shortage and lack of fuel distribution sites are slowing the relief efforts. I don't think any amount of money will help in that respect.

It's really things like supplies, manpower, and distribution that they need that money can't help with at the moment. Do your part, but don't feel guilty if you don't contribute everything you can.

19. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

Yea, I felt like an ass after I read through it later on. Why am I even complaining wen some firm cares enough to donate, even if it was only 1%. I was thinking in terms of the number of sales that was needed to raise the donation to a helpful amount, that in itself was quite demanding.

I felt a bit powerless today wen I saw my tuition fees arrive in the mail. If I could donate even 5% of that...*sigh*

20. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    1% of all sales is a very generous donation by itself.
    At the end of the month, between all costs (products, personal, shop, taxes, banks), a shop does not keep many percents of the sales for itself. 1% less is nothing to discard as an effort.