1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

3rd Gen Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by emiche., Jan 16, 2017.

1. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Yesterday I've seen subbed the Maiyan Taxi Driver Abema Show and she said something important about the 3rd gen which I can totally agree to.
    3rd gen is the top one as representing the group's love for Nogizaka.
    In fact, 1st gen and 2nd gen were the ones who built Nogi's image, when Nogizaka was literally nothing and unknown to the public. While 3rd gen happened when Nogizaka built its image and was starting to be recognized as a group by the GP.
    These 3rd gen girls applied for Nogizaka cause they loved the group's image, the members who are/were part of it. They admire Nogizaka and wanna do the best to protect it.

That's the main difference to 4th gen. 4th gen happened in a different way. With a Sakamichi audition. Where girls apply for it and then the management decide in which group to assign every girl. So maybe girls who wished to be in Keyakizaka or Hinatazaka happened in Nogizaka amd vice-versa.
    If it wasn't for this joint audition probably our 4th gen with girls who wanted to apply just for Nogizaka would be totally different.

And that's one of the reasons 3rd gen will always be better than 4th gen in my eyes. Not only cause of the higher quality (which is pretty obvious but I can put it as a personal opinion) but cause these girls have a different history, a different purpose to why they're in Nogizaka. For 3rd gen we can really tell they applied for their love of Nogizaka and their members, they're the closest to us, to when we fell in love to Nogi group and their members too.
    While for 4th gen... we can't say the same considering the whole group. It happened in a really random way.

3rd gen represent Nogizaka's love at it's purest and people saying 4th gen is better not only is delusional but is probably stanning for girls who, if they were totally free to choose, they were on different Sakamichi groups.
    This is kinda sad if you think about it.

3rd gen is the last one to be Nogizaka's love at its finest, we really need to support these girls and hope they can lead well Nogi's future.
    4th gen could only totally change Nogi's image and what we fell in love about this group, and not in a good way.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Wow, such a long article by Maiyan.

3. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Calling people delusional because they prefer a certain gen doesn't really help to get your point across.

4. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I'm a 3rd Gen homer as much as anyone and I like 4th Gen a lot, too.

The future of Nogizaka is in both their hands. As 1st Gen graduates, they leave the group to their kouhai, to make of Nogizaka whatever. At the moment, it is 3rd Gen's opportunity. But pretty soon it will be 4th Gens.

I, too, was skeptical of the whole sakamichi joint audition. I, too, didn't really think much of those who entered, but still, they wear the purple and I am not one to dislike Nogizaka members. Over the past 2 years they've made me happy to see them in purple.

3rd Gen had nice timing to have joined Nogizaka as the group broke big, but they live in the 1st Gen's shadows. If 2nd Gen is hidden by the brightness of the 1st Gen, 3rd Gen is a pale reflection like the moon that doesn't make its own light -- it still needed 1st Gen to shine.

3rd Gen will be the last generation to be compared to 1st Gen. When and if 5th Gen comes along, it will be compared to the 4th. 4th Gen is shining on a brightness on their own.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    I hate to admit it but I have to agree. Subsequent generations after the pioneer will always have to struggle with different conditions of the group (unless the pioneer generation hasn't took off yet, which is not Nogi's case). Nogi 1st gen took off alone before 2nd gen came, they couldn't spare any room except for Miona. 3rd gen came when Nogi was at its peak, but a lot of fans are skeptical because of experience with 2nd gen so they only pay attention to select few. I think it's not a coincidence those select few are connected closely to 1st gens in many different ways. But 4th gen came, introduced and treated like a new separate force and still remaining that way until 26th single today, and even getting reinforced.

The 'separate group' treatment is risky, but I think it works to some degree in order to get the new faces their own names while not disrupting the main force much. That doesn't mean they don't rely on seniors though, both business wise and self improvement wise. For example see how Sakura is like 'packaged' with Asuka a lot. Yet other than that, we almost don't see 4th gen interaction with 1st gen, because for the time being they are way closer to 3rd gen as direct senior with closer age gap. Backstage, it's 3rd gens who nurtured their juniors. 3rd-4th gen live solidified that.

It's safe to say while 3rd gens managed to continue what 1st gen has created, the potential to create a new Nogizaka lies mostly on 4th gens' shoulders. Both are equally important.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    If anything, the disproportionate over-promotion of 4th gen has reinforced my feelings toward and support of 3rd gen. Especially after those Under Live shows where it was the 3rd gens who stood out most to me, Tamami did such a great job and they could all continue to grow and become really great, but. . . management are probably not going to let any of these girls rise in the ranks because any 3rd gen being pushed is taking the spot of someone in 4th gen, and that is all they fucking care about going forward. Yes, there's a definite hierarchy with 3rd gen where management ALSO have their favourites there, but. . .

4th gen - all gazillion of them - joined and it's like they were just handed the keys to the kingdom - one TV show after another, constant promotion and appearances on Nogichuu. . . I get it, they're all bloody good at everything and management feel like they've struck gold. . . but there are still other girls in the bloody group. I love 3rd gen, I love 2nd gen, but I have very little interest in a group built almost exclusively around 4th gen and that's where we're heading a year or two down the line. We're going to lose a BUNCH more 1st and 2nd gen members in the next year, and then the group will be PREDOMINANTLY made up of 4th gen. Nothing against the girls themselves, I was loving their content, but at a certain point the absurdity of just how MUCH of it there was and how little there was - and has been - of 2nd and 3rd hit me. There's literally no reason for 4th gen to have had as many shows to themselves as they have. It is fucking absurd. And more than that, it's unearned. I like those girls, I'm just not in love with them like management is.

And I'm old fashioned, I like to see people work hard and be rewarded rather than just being handed everything because you're favoured by the people in power. 3rd, like 2nd gen are hard-workers and they have a lot of spirit, and just as Kubo and Tamami have done, some of these girls we've still seen too little of - Riria, Reno, Ayatii, Denchan, even Hazuki - could potentially grow and bloom I they're given the space and encouragement to do so. . . but that's not gonna come from management.

Hell, look at how long it took them to give Rentan some spotlight.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

The push 4th gen is getting now is the same push 3rd gen got when they debuted, they just have more exposure because there's more interest in Nogi in general and less interest in other groups (and probably because they need that kind of exposure to counter the influx of graduations going into the 10th year of activities)

No idea why this was rated "creative"
    3rd gen-only principal, 3rd gen-only concert, first single-gen only coupling song, starring in a full season of Nogibingo back when they had to rotate the timeslot for other groups, made the rounds in the seasonal idol festivals as their own solo unit, stage play for just the 3rd gens minus the 4 that made senbatsu for the 20th single (when they joined the Unders for the first time)

3rd gen joined 4 years ago, they were "the new girls" then and now it's 4th gen's turn
    Not a hard concept to grasp, do some research instead of spending the day in a forum spouting bollocks

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

5 out of 11 of the original 4th gen were influenced by the 3rd Gen.

4th gen loves Nogi tho as well as any gen
    Who are the 4th gen that have Nogi as 2nd choice?

9. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Maybe not by a lot as the other user mentioned, but 4th gen still gets more exposure than 3rd gen back then. 3rd gen only have 11 episodes of Nogibingo 8 by themselves, while 4th gen has 20 episodes of Nogi Doko e and 20 episodes of Nogi Skits Act 1. 4th gen already has 2 solo concert while 3rd gen only had 1 iirc.
    But ok, I still believe 3rd gen has not been forgotten, after all 3 of them are fronting 26th senbatsu and 3rd gen is also Under center and unit center (High school song). So I still think it's not that bad. It is 2nd gen who is the lost generation here especially after Miona grad.
    On the other note, I think it's really about time that 4th gen is fully integrated to the group, it's been almost 2 years. That way senbatsu can have bigger size and more slots open. We will see what happen next single.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

You should be gratefull bcs Akbingo ended. If not, rather than get a 4th (and 3rd) gen show you'll get Hinabingo and Sakubingo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Is this the 3rd Gen Thread or the 4th Gen Anti Thread?

12. hibari

hibari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ashuminamiona, momoko, kakki
    every thread can be 〇〇anti thread so long there members here who love to compare and degrade some of nogi members

13. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    One reason that there is no need for an "Unpopular Opinion" thread. We can drop unpopular opinions in most any thread! LOL!
    42!

Anyhow, regarding 3rd Gen vs. 4th Gen push needs some context needs to be pointed out in particular the 2017-18 Nogizaka is very different than the 2019-20 Nogizaka, and it goes back to how OP 1st Gen was/is. The years when 3rd Gen was getting accustomed to idol life is concurrent with Nogizaka at its strongest. From aces to back row Under are just filled with really great members. They didn't have a weak spot at all. Aces? Nanase or Maiyan. Centers? Asuka and Ikuta. Mid-tier? Marika, Inoue, Yumi-chan. Under centers? Ranze, Chima. Last row? Junna, Kawago.

I'm just pointing out that Nogizaka was crowded and every member can really bring it. So that 3rd Gen, brought in during this time, it would be hard to find a niche for them, and what they were assigned was mainly in relation to senpai. Yoda is Nanase's pet. Momoko is Maiyan's kid. Beyond that the opportunities were somewhat limited as their senpai were still going strong. Management's push did not seem too impactful because there was still their awesome senpai around to watch.

In contrast, 4th Gen joined when 1st Gen has shrunk. They do not have to compete with the likes of a Nanase, Wakatsuki, Yuutan, Hime, etc. The holes in Nogi's lineup allowed for them to receive more focus. I think that's why their push feels more impactful. Also, the extra time not assimilated into normal Nogi life and being separate does give them more chances to show themselves.

Do I resent the different treatment? Maybe at first, but I've realized that 4th Gen is as endearing as 3rd Gen (as is 2nd Gen and 1st Gen before them all). They are after all Nogizaka-chan. Do I worry about 3rd Gen? Yeah, sure. I also worry about 1st and 2nd. I worry for them all that they get the love and affection deserving to the lot of them. After all, Nogizaka is crowded and every member can really bring it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Yoda Yuki, Umezawa Minami, Yamashita Mizuki, Kubo Shiori and Ozono Momoko will be the cover girls of Japanese magazine Weekly Playboy (), the magazine will be released on 4 January 2021.

weekly-playboy-2021-3-4-cover.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Moko looks hot af in that dress.:corr::nosebleed:

• Like Like x 3
  16. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

HULU Exclusive Nogizaka46 Documentary (Umezawa, Kubo, Yamashita)

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3
  18. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Ayatii and Reno SR

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

3rd Gen claim the Top 3 in Charademy Award
    IMG_20210406_015608.jpg Yoda as Sutoko

IMG_20210406_015337.jpg Shiori as the Dealer

IMG_20210406_015124.jpg Momoko as AruAru Oneesan

20. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Aahh, too bad, pervert Shiori didn't win! I love that character so much![hehe]