1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

5 best and worst choices made by 48 management

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by ranko, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Kuchi-Chan

Kuchi-Chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    Twitter:
    KokorinDesu
    I
    I agree! I mean Kitarie wrote the song Guilty Love for Not Yet, and to be honest it wasn't a bad song. If we got more girls who did aspire to become singer/songwriters who wrote songs for new stages and/or albums I think it would make AKB that bit more original.

2. mincl17

mincl17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I didn't say it in a negative way to clear it up. Her "awesomeness" will be more evident together with the 2 musketeers in Miichan's team 4.

Sayaka, Sae, Yuko, Umechan, and Erepyon are part of the ori-k who also made the identifiable identity in Akimoto K. Sayaka sometimes cancel events if it would cause her to miss a stage performance and Yuko is just all the way team K. It would not be the same since the top performers in K are kenins specifically the captain. They may have mix members but all of them are pure AKB members. Before, I thought that the team that is most in tact is team K, now its different. Other AKB teams are better. Balance is already tripped. :p

3. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    I think Rie only wrote the lyrics for Guilty Love. Writing a complete song is actually quite hard I think.

4. fortunehime

fortunehime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Hello, all~ ♡
    5 best decisions for me would have to be;
    - Making Team 4 what it is today. I think that, although it has a little ways to go before coming up to speed fully with teams A, K and B (this is coming from a huuuge Team 4 oshi), its really become such a melting pot of talent and new faces.
    - To extend on my previous point; making Miichan captain of Team 4. I am so glad that she was given another chance and responsibility after what happened, and she has flourished in my opinion. I think she also gives the Team 4 girls something to aspire to.
    - Giving fans a chance to be involved; whether its been through handshake events or sosenkyo voting, or more recently Koi Suru Fortune Cookie and Kokoro no Placard, its really nice to see that the fans truly do get to interact with their oshimen.
    - Including a variety of styles on their singles. Although there's been less of the more intense (so to speak) songs lately, the combination of that and the cutesy songs, the more upbeat songs, etc; it gives the fans something to look forward to with every single (even if some songs have been somewhat disappointing *coughs* Kokoro no Placard *coughs*)
    - Giving lesser known members kennins and transfers - its great to see that some girls are being given this opportunity to shine and make the most of this change (and although I know that pushing members exists for a reason, it makes me super happy when girls who don't normally get much push are allowed to shine and stand out more).

And the 5 worst;
    - Giving Jurina a kennin. I love Jurina, but she is so popular and busy, and when combined with the travelling between SKE and AKB, it simply cannot be good for her.
    - Sae's kennin with SNH - there really just does not seem to be much point with it.
    - Management's refusal for the most part to acknowledge that 48G fans exist outside of Asia. Of course, the minority cannot always be catered to and there have been those few Western concerts, but it would be nice if there was something more consistent.
    - Not really doing anything about the hierarchy in NMB48. To someone not familiar with NMB, the only face you know is Sayanee, and Milky to some degree. With the other sister groups there is much more of a spread of focus; HKT has Sasshi, of course, but Haruppi, Sakura, Madoka etc are all doing very well for themselves.
    - Making those abominations that they call the Kokoro no Placard MV outfits. What the hell was going on with those? Why are there foil panties? Why does it look like everybody rolled in the arts and crafts bin at a nursery? (I have priorities, okay? The Koi Suru Fortune Cookie outfits were spot on, as were Heart Ereki, Labureti and Mae Shika Mukanee.)

5. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    SO MUCH AGREE when I first saw them I almost cried like what the why are they wearing those they are hideous

6. dannychucky

dannychucky Kenkyuusei

best:
    - new team 4 and miichan as a captain. putting someone with huge flight hour in akb newest team to lead and able to guide the younger member
    - sashi transfer to hkt, quite same as above
    - recruiting shinoda mariko, for god sake, she's great
    - koisuru fortune cookie, one of the best akb sosenkyo song ever
    - jurina in senbatsu of oogoe diamond, simply phenomenon girl at that time

worst:
    - "borrowing" aces of nmb, ske and hkt for team k (sayanee, jurina, and haruppi) instead of returning sae-chan
    - tons of KFC dance cover in official youtube channel, PLEASE LET IT END!
    - copying kfc to kokoro no placard
    - no overseas concert anymore
    - no new sub units or soloist

7. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    WORST :

- 2012 and 2014 shuffles. Shuffling for the sake of it without addressing real issues.

- Kennin system as it is implemented right now.

- Doing albums every one or two years. Such a waste of resources

- Trying desperately to keep that 1m streak going

- Not making new stages a priority, at least after the shuffle.

8. Hitsuji

Hitsuji Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    BEST:
    - Senbatsu elections, voting ticket arangements, various handshake/meet and greet/promotion events, the whole idols you can meet culture.
    - I'm sure most of us can think of a member or three that they have to thank AKB for making them aware of. :)

WORST:
    - Kokoro no placard. The outfits, the dance, the mv.... the tune is catchy and I'll admit it's growing on me. But there is just so much wrong with it.
    - The number of people who get promoted to regular members. I thinkk that if being a regular member is to be such a powerful and special thing, there needs to be a serious risk that you might not make it. There are so many mediocre and unrecognisable members floating around, people who are only good as backup dancers (and sometimes not even that). If there was some serious weeding out done in the early stages, it wouls be a huge boost to AKB's image. It might be good for management as well. I mean, it would be an early indication of who fans really were going to support and all that.
    - JKT48 etc not having their own songs. A key point of marketing it to cater for your audience.
    - Maybe this is just for my own sake, but the absence of interaction with the english speaking world. There is, what, one? example of akb48 singing in english? And while fansub groups do an incredible job, there's remains not official english subs for any of what the 48 groups do. I know there's a lot of debate around whether a 48 group could work in England/the US - and I'm not saying it would - but it would be nice it fans outside of Asia got some recognition for their support. After all, interaction between fans and members is what the group is based on.

9. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Best Decisions
    1. Majisuka Gakuen - if AKS didn't go with this project. I wouldn't have known Mayuyu and Yuko.
    this Yankee TV show also show that AKB is not all about being cute and always girlish all the time.
    they can act and be cool too.
    2. Kami-7 - I think having 7 ideal idol members really established AKB48. having 7 different unique characters
    did also shows the different aspect of the group and what it can offer.
    3. Inspirational songs - AKB has tons of inspirational songs. noting that in a survey of which idol group inspired you the most? the most answer is AKB48.
    4. Sousenkyo - this annual event solidify AKB48 as a larger than life idol group and also solidify members into the history of AKB.
    5. Team Captain and Team System - this team system categorized each members by what their teams represent. if you want a girl-next door and more mature idol it's Team A. cool and sassy idols it's Team K and if you want the traditional cute idols you would go to Team B.

Worst Decisions
    1. Sister Group not being established just like AKB48 - it would have been better if sister groups have been build the same format just like AKB. having senbatsu members and 7 representative and not just one or two.
    2. talented backup members having rare opportunities - there are tons of talented members who really need even just one chance or opportunity to show what they can offer. sadly most of this members doesn't fit what AKS vision for the group so, they are being shelved for a long time until they have enough and graduate.
    3. KFC > Kokoro no Placard having the same PV concept - seriously, thunder doesn't strike twice. AKS must have wanted the same hype KFC made but with Kokoro no Placard as their material there is no way it would happen again.
    4. transferring AKB48 Group members overseas - imo this is the most dumb move AKS ever made. seriously
    Aki-P said in the first shuffle that change is needed in order for members to flourished by taking them out of their comfort zone but that's way too much comfort zone. leaving your country to work overseas as an entertainer without even knowing their language. that's not change for the better that's burying someones's potential.
    5. Recycling Stage Setlist - it's hard to make new songs and choreography at the same time but stage setlist is what represent each team and members who perform it in 48G world.

10. michuu♡

michuu♡ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Best Decisions :
    • Mayuyu back to Team B and MaYuki back together, after the announcement of the reshuffle AKB48 group daisokaku matsuri.
    • KFC is the best song and great concept, after Maeda Atsuko graduated from AKB48.
    • Ikoma Rina being AKB48 kennin in Team B AKB48 (IkoMayuyu) and Matsui Rena being Nogizaka46 kennin
    • Oya shizuka as Team B Co-captain , i hope she can be she can get in Undergirls or participate in AKB48 A-side
    • Miichan as Team 4 Captain, she could be given a second chance to be better, and could be an inspiring figure for team 4 members.

Worst Decisions :
    • Kokoro no Placard using concepts such as KFC:(
    • JKT48 and SNH48 not yet to participate again in concert AKB48 Group Concert
    • SNH48 auditions requirements are better than JKT48 auditions requirements.
    • I want Sae and Mariyannu also participated in SNH48 PV like Haruka and Chikariina.
    • JKT48 and SNH48 still not having their own songs:(

11. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

come on, Sae was never the ace and will never be the ace. Even if she's in AKB, she's not gong to be in senbatsu.

If you are not an SKE fan, who else would you know of aside from WMatsui? And come on, Nana, Fuuchan, Nagisa, Shuu are bout on the same level as Haruppi and Sakura and definitely higher up then Madoka. Plus they have Umechan, Miorin and Reinyan now so...

Also, everyone seems to be forgetting that a big part bout kokoro no placard is the placards that people use to express their hopes and wishes. I really don't see how it is so similar to KFC at all.

12. Lyusatprov

Lyusatprov Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    UnofficialRON48
    umm... first he never mentioned that Sae is an ace, he just mention the sister group ace.

next, what the reason if she's in AKB she's not going to be in senbatsu?
    never drop out from senbatsu in election, always got a-side except the time she's hold position in SNH and janken single (she's still got b-side from eien pressure though)

I prefer she come back to K again, after many big names from K graduate these past year, and lot of badmouthing of team K condition, I'd like to see she come back and become one of the team K pillars again.

13. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Sae was offered Team K, and she rejected it. Remember? She didn't want to come back to AKB. She preferred the Team S position. If you are pleading for her to come back to K, you aren't respecting Sae's wishes. Anyway, why are you trying to re-live a Team K that has long since passed on? The Sae version of Team K that I know also featured Sayaka, Yuko, Meetan, Kasai, Yuka, Nacchi, Umechan, Nontii etc.

So unless you are bringing them back too...

14. fluffy

fluffy Kenkyuusei

"Old" team K takes on a whole new meaning if you brought back Nontii and Meetan.

15. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    If Sae were back in AKB, we'd be seeing the wilting flower syndrome that we've seen from members like Akicha, Mocchi, Haachan, etc.

She'd quickly be drowned in all the new girls, and it wouldn't be fair to her.

Being in Team S was a new start, with new members, and a new chance at furthering her legacy more than she'd be able to back in AKB.

Putting her in Team S was definitely a wonderful management decision, for sure.

16. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I don't agree with this. For one thing, it is the individual member's decision to transfer to an overseas group and I think that should be respected. Also, Harugon is absolutely flourishing in JKT. She seems to really love Indonesia and she picked up on the language so quickly. She succeeded in making Indonesia and Jakarta her home and is adjusting incredibly well. There are very few people who can do that in a foreign country even when they have been learning the language for years.

I think it's absolutely wonderful to see and, honestly, is quite inspiring. She makes adjusting to an entire new country, language, and culture seem easy, even though it most definitely is not. It's one of the hardest things someone can do, in my opinion, and I just have SO much respect for her now. Her potential is not buried at all--in fact, she's grown way more in JKT as a person than she ever could have had she stayed in AKB, in my opinion.

17. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    @Chimai
    I respect your opinion but still imo Harugon being in JKT is just a short-term career. I mean you can't really expect her to really live in Indonesia for the rest of her lives. the real opportunity for her is in Japan. JKT is like a temporary container until she is needed to be in the AKB group. Sae, Akicha did come back in Japan cause that is where they really belong and where they could really meet their potential.

and Sae is doing good in SKE imo. Ebisho is really getting into me.

18. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Well the complain was about the kennins taking up the front positions in Team K.. It was a logical conclusion that he thought that if Sae was in Team K she would take up those spots which imo is highly unlikely.

And well, you don't actually have to be in AKB for you to be an AKB senbatsu member. The fact that she's not in AKB doesn't change the fact that she's no longer no AKB's priority list. If she's still in AKB maybe she'll get to be a captain but that's worth next to nothing. She's not going to be in senbatsu, she's not going to get promoted, she's going to have a middle of the tier position in K, she's basically not gonna have anything worthwhile imo. Bringing her to SKE is the best possible thing they can do for her.

19. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

I think for a lot of people, Akimoto Team K truly embodied that Team K spirit. Not to say that ori team K didn't have it, but a lot of people tend to forget that ori team K had a great big old mix of girls - there were girls like yuko, sae, umechan, etc. but there was also erepyon and maachan being super cutesy, and part time sex bomb meetan on the side. I miss that so much!
    Best Choices:
    1. Making Team 4 a real team, instead of a waiting area for the girls to be distributed to teams A, K, and B. Minegishi Team 4 is one of the best things to happen to AKB, cause it's a real way to show off the mountains of fresh talent in the group. Those girls have so much spunk and energy, and I won't be surprised when they show out in force in a few years.
    2. Team 8. I love how these girls are basically getting an authentic growing experience as far as their idol careers go. They're not immediately stepping into the mega machine that is AKB. Instead, they're performing on smaller stages, and building bonds with each other while they learn the ropes. People are taking notice of these girls, and they have fans! I hope one of them makes a splash at the janken tournament cause that'll be great!
    3. Oogoe Diamond. It was wonderful to see the girls break into genuinely good choreography after the glorified arm dance festival that was Baby! Baby! Baby! Extra points for expanding the senbatsu to 20 members (it's perfectly possible to have 20+ senbatsu members and still have decent screentime for everyone!) and for slamming jurina in the center - I have no problem with airdropping a new girl into center if she's got the skills to back it up.
    4. The Janken Taikai. The fact that at least once a year, any girl has a fair chance at centering a single is great, cause it adds a lot of variety to the group. Of course, it would help more if the janken singles were slightly less generic, but usually the pv makes up for it (eien pressure and ue kara mariko being excellent examples)
    5. The concept of "undergirls" - a lot of people complain about their favorites not making senbatsu, much less undergirls. We need to remember though, for a really long time there was no such thing as "undergirls". Once upon a time, a regular AKB single had one A-side, and one B-side. It (almost always) had a limited edition with a DVD containing a pv for the A-side, and a regular edition with just the CD. The senbatsu sang both the A-side and the B-side, and if you weren't picked for senbatsu, you didn't participate in the single release. Thankfully, the first senbatsu election changed that, and introduced a new way to showcase girls who weren't quite at that senbatsu level.
    Worst Choices:
    1. The 2012 Shuffle. Team K went from being a strong performance team to a shell of it's former self, and it didn't help that every heavy hitter the team had either got transferred (umechan, sae, minegishi) or graduated within the year (tomochin, sayaka, yuttan, and the often forgotten mitsumune kaoru), simply wasn't present enough to have a lasting impact (all the side eye goes to whoever decided jurina could front two groups, much less two teams), or was "pushed" but not really (mariyagi and tomu's pushes were more like "the people in front of you graduated so you get to move up, but don't think this means you get any real push"). when it was all said and done, oshima team k looked more like an akimoto team K tribute group than a team in it's own right. moving past that, shinoda team A had a serious identity crisis (hey, let's try to stick to the mature team A image even though we just crammed the team full of cute and/or U-16 girls... until mariko graduates and all of a sudden we get kiss made countdown) and team B was more like yukirin/nyan/paruru/milky/renacchi feat. Team B.
    2. Sae and Mariyannu's SNH transfer. Sounded good on paper, but it didn't help that their visa issues effectively blocked them from doing any promo in china. essentially, two girls that could have risen as real leadership figures in SNH were left to languish in the practice room while the rest of the girls blundered around on stage for a year before they got it together.
    3. The way they deal with "scandals". This isn't so much a single choice, as much as it is a general concept that the girls have to take all the heat for everything. I hate to bring up the K-idol versus J-idol concept again, but I hardly hear of korean idol agencies throwing their female idols under the bus and letting them completely take the fall for a dating scandal. most of these girls' agencies don't even release statements, they either fire the girl or they "demote" her for a while and hope that everyone forgets. even if it's proven to be completely false, management doesn't step up and help out and that's... the nature of the business?
    4. Letting girls who actually can't sing perform live without backing track. I appreciate management trying to show off the girls' vocal talents every once in a while, but those performances of tonari no banana and namaiki lips on AKBSHOW made me cringe. so much. while AKB isn't about raw vocal talent as a whole, cute girls with live vocals that tragic don't cut it for me at all.
    5. annoucing original stages and... not making them! we all hate it, and it's rather pitiful that Aki-P insists on writing every song for every group. I get that he's a master, but there are so many talented writers in japan who I'm sure can write good songs. on a side note, i'm still praying for a H!P/AKB crossover single now more than ever, cause Tsunku's electrified songs would be so interesting for AKB to sing.

20. antaressa20

antaressa20 Kenkyuusei

Best:
    1. Mmmm... let me think about it... ok , I find it. The janken taikai.

Worst:
    1. Borrowing other grup's ace to the team instead of promoting their new generation.
    I mean like haruppi, mio, jurina, sayaneee, let them bloom with their own group. And then let them battle in the sousenkyo to prove their hardwork with their group. I think it will be awesome if the regular senbatsu for akb single are from ori akb team. I found that now there is nothing special with the senbatsu sousenkyo because half of it are always be senbatsu in regular akb single. Do you get it guys? Hard to explain lol

2. I think now there is so many way to be akb member.
    Like draft member, team 8, and the last is akb part time job member. For draft member and team 8 I still can accept it. But the part time member? It's ridiculous. Become akb member for me now already lost their exclusiveness. Sorry

3. The quality of their song is decreased.
    I don't know, after 2013 I didn't really like their song anymore.

4. Overseas team like jkt48 and snh48 didn't get their own song
    I mean, come on, what is the purpose to create them if they didn't have a change to bloom with their own song? Their member has a dream too.

Ok, that's my opinion. I'm sorry my english are bad