1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

5th Gen Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by halcyon, Jul 19, 2021.

1. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    young jump cover

0109a53f-s.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    If I were to guess, I'd say light gray or vanilla ー taking Zetsu1 as reference

If only we still have Smash contents, those are the best.

3. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    31st single (10th round) meguri result:

1. Inoue Nagi - 30/30 (2nd round sold out)

2. Kawasaki Sakura - 30/30 (3rd round sold out)
    3. Ikeda Teresa - 30/30 (3rd round sold out)
    4. Sugawara Satsuki - 30/30 (3rd round sold out)
    5. Ichinose Miku - 30/30 (3rd round sold out)
    6. Ioki Mao - 30/30 (3rd round sold out)

7. Nakanishi Aruno - 30/30 (6th round sold out)
    8. Tomisato Nao - 30/30 (6th round sold out)

9. Ogawa Aya - 30/30 (10th round sold out)

10. Okamoto Hina - 1/30
    11. Okuda Iroha - 0/30

Aya finally sold out. No change for Hina and Iroha unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I'm happy about tomato-imouto... But for God's sake I really can't understand why Hina and Iroha are so lagging behind...

And, ok, one may say that Hina still has a bit of karma from her early days (a questionable hypothesis since Aruno seems to be "forgiven" - myself being among the first ones to embrace her), but Iroha??? Why Iroha is not so popular? She is young and pretty, has an amazing voice, (yes, her voice is among the top), has demonstrated her guitar skills more than solidly, is such a sweet and soothing presence but still...

I prey to the god of idols for these two amazing girls...!

5. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    • Like Like x 1
  6. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Happy 1st anniversary 5th gen.

I was hoping there is a new special video rather than re-releasing the old Zetsubyou no Mae MV.

7. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Happy 1st Annkversary!

8. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Happy 1st anniverssary
    :ome:

they have their individual blogs in the website.

9. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Happy 1st anniversary to the future girls of our hearts...!

10. Xena55

Xena55 Kenkyuusei

Gonna miss the daily blog so much! It gave a lot of great pics of the girls. Hope most of the girls remain active bloggers for some time lol. And hopefully nobody goes silent for too long. :^^;:

11. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Woah! Individual blogs! And when you check the member section of the official website they're no longer designated as 5th Gen anymore! Nogi is front loaded with 5th gen! Hmm I wonder about those 32nd single rumors...

We'll have to wait and see. Most probably they'll use mobame or message app more prominently than blogging. It will be something else if Terasapan keeps up her blog as well as she did in the relay.

12. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    31st single (12th round) meguri result:

10. Okamoto Hina - 1/30
    11. Okuda Iroha - 1/30 (+1)

Iroha finally sold out 1 slot.

• Like Like x 9
  13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    31st single (13th round) meguri result:

10. Okuda Iroha - 2/30 (+1)
    11. Okamoto Hina - 1/30

Another sold out for Iroha and she is finally out of the bottom.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Kubo’s final two Line Live episodes featured Aya, Teresa, Okamoto, Ioki:
    https://live.line.me/channels/21/broadcast/22268555
    and Tomisato, Kawasaki, Nagi:
    https://live.line.me/channels/21/broadcast/22339683
    The series likely ended because Line Live services are being discontinued at the end of March.
    I’ve translated the 5ki comment excerpts about each member, plus a few highlights. (Warning: long)

Ogawa Aya (starts 4:10)
    • Aya often wears Manatsu’s old costumes; she shares the same height and blood type as Manatsu, Riria, and Sayaka.
    Satsuki: “The #1 steadiest. Although she’s the youngest, she’s the #1 steadiest, I have a lot to learn from her.”
    Nagi: “Among the 5th gen, she turned out the steady one… I think Aya is the hardest worker among the 5th gen.”
    Okamoto: “A hard worker who meticulously does her best every day at dance and singing practice.”
    Teresa: “A hard worker. Her mental age is actually about 1000 years old.”
    Kawasaki: “Serious and a hard worker, an all-rounder who can do anything.”
    Aruno: “Truly a hard worker, I haven’t seen her show weakness around members or staff.” Aya says she didn’t cry much before, but lots of people cry in Nogi, so she’s started crying a bit. Kubo says that’s good and encourages her to cry.
    Iroha: “A hard worker who’s always humble, straightforward, pure, and puts in full effort, I truly respect her.”
    Tomisato: “A baby. Often open-mouthed.” Aya retorts that Nao is also a baby.
    Ioki: “I often hear about her staying up until surprisingly late at night. But she gets up punctually in the morning for school, it’s amazing. ‘Go to sleep,’ I think to myself. Also, she apparently can’t wake up by herself, so I see more missed calls from her mom on her phone screen than I’ve ever seen anyone receive.” Aya asks her mom to contact her in the morning to wake her up.
    Miku: “The cutest in the world—no, the universe. I won’t recognize any disagreement. This is the first time I’ve met someone so skilled at utilizing tsun and dere. ‘Did she take lessons somewhere?’ I wonder, astonished. She’s very forthright with her emotions; when she’s happy, she’ll show it right away with her mouth or with her tears. She’s full of the cuteness of her youth, I’m always overwhelmed by it. I love Aya’s sloped shoulders, I’ve given names to her right and left shoulders. It seems she’s into hot pots recently, she happily reports to me on the hot pots she’s eaten.” With Kubo’s encouragement, Aya says, “Miku, I love you!” but mutters that those might not be her true feelings. Aya’s right shoulder is named Nademi, her left shoulder is named Naderi.
    • At 2:11:10, Miku sends a message thanking Kubo for allowing her to receive an “I love you” from Aya for the first time.
    Ikeda Teresa (starts 30:35)
    • Teresa reveals what she thinks about when she’s painting: “My butt hurts. Should I stand up?”
    Kawasaki: “She has a unique sensibility, she’s a mysterious girl. Everything she says and does is interesting. A genius.”
    Satsuki: “Even though we’ve been around each other for a year, she’s still a mysterious girl... When we go out to eat together, you can see how she explodes with excitement.”
    Aruno: “When there’s food to eat, her mood lifts right away. After lessons are over and she’s exhausted, if someone invites her out to eat, she’ll suddenly make a complete recovery and her expression brightens in a twinkle. When she orders a yakiniku course, she eats the meat so quickly that there’s always time before the next item arrives. The restless expression on her face during that interval is funny.”
    Tomisato: “She eats 4 box lunches. In about 15 minutes each, too.”
    Okamoto: “She’s recently been regressing to childhood. She’ll suddenly cry fake tears… She loves yakiniku. The end.” Teresa explains she’s recently been homesick, so she’ll whimper “I wanna go home” and pretend to cry.
    Aya: “She eats so much.”
    Ioki: “When I ask Teresa, ‘I wonder if it’s good?’ about any place that sells food, most of the time she’s already tried it before. I’m curious when she’s been going out to eat so much.” Teresa says she actually thinks out-of-towners Ioki, Ichinose, and Okamoto know more about Tokyo’s shops than her.
    Miku: “She eats a lot, the sight of her eating somehow brings happiness. I’ve never seen anyone look like they’re enjoying their food as much as Teresa does.”
    Nagi: “Her movements are cute, my eyes often follow her when we’re rehearsing and stuff.” Kubo says Yoda was similarly eye-catching when she first joined Nogi because she often looked lost during rehearsals.
    Iroha: “Incredibly funny and cute, it’s like I’ve become a student, I’m addicted to her.”
    • At 1:02:05, Teresa and Kubo have been locked in a Jenga battle for 10+ minutes with no winner in sight, so Kubo offers someone else a chance to try.
    Okamoto Hina (starts 1:04:45)
    • Recently, when the 5ki all gathered to fill out some forms, Okamoto sidled up close to a person she thought was Kawasaki and asked “Whatcha writing?” but when the person lifted her head, it was actually Kubo. This caused a commotion among the 5ki, Okamoto’s face went pale, and she apologized so loudly that Kubo said it sounded like she was shouting at someone 10 meters away.
    • Since coming to Tokyo, Okamoto has eaten shaved ice about 40 times in 1 year.
    • Okamoto started ballet at 5 years old to improve her posture. She had poor physical ability when she was young, so she couldn’t do swimming or gymnastics. She continued ballet because she liked it, although she took a break in the past because there were also lots of painful things about it.
    Teresa: “Noisy (in a good way). Her communication skills are impressive, she’s quick to close the distance with senpai… She’s clever.”
    Miku: “She has a dynamic way of laughing, you know where she is right away.”
    Aya: “Always laughing, heartily. Her voice is so loud, you’ll know it even when she’s far away.”
    Iroha: “She’s an easy laugher, no matter what happens, she’ll laugh it away for you. When Hina’s not on location, it’s lonesome.”
    Kawasaki: “Cheerful and always bursting with laughter.”
    Tomisato: “She has a distinct way of laughing.”
    Satsuki: “No matter the place or the timing, she stays herself and brightens her surroundings.”
    Aruno: “An idiot with a loud voice and strong communication skills. But for me, who puts up strange walls between myself and other people, the way she ignores those walls and smashes through them makes me happy somehow. She’s the idiot character among the 5th gen, but she’s surprisingly able to see the big-picture view of everything, so her wits, her foundation, are quite sharp, I think.”
    Ioki: “There’s a game that a lot of 5th gen are into, a lot of us gather to watch when it’s being played. When she plays, she rages to herself, which is funny to see. The funniest thing to me was when she said ‘Everyone’s so weak~!’ and then ended up in second place.” Okamoto, who had been playing the game for half a year, lost to Iroha, who had started playing for one day.
    Nagi: “I often think she’s at the center of the 5th gen’s smiles.”
    Ioki Mao (starts 1:39:30)
    • The places Ioki could go in her hometown were very limited, so she’s thrilled at her freedom to travel alone to so many different places in Tokyo, and she goes on lots of long walks. Her favorite place in Tokyo is the Tsukiji Outer Market, which sells seafood.
    Okamoto: “Loves tuna. Loves it so much, she visits Tsukiji once a week.” Ioki says that’s an exaggeration, but she goes early in the morning when she has time.
    Aya: “She can be the tsukkomi or the boke, she’s good at playing along. Her Kansai dialect is cute. But she’s also good at speaking standard Japanese… She’s tall, has a small face, and no matter how she dresses, her figure is unbeatable.”
    Kawasaki: “Cozy and pleasant, her Kansai dialect is cute. When I look at Mao, it’s like I experience a peaceful release of negative ions.”
    Tomisato: “Cute Kansai dialect... On a rainy spring day, the two of us went out and sang while skipping down an avenue lined with cherry trees.” Ioki says they were walking through a blizzard of cherry blossom petals in the darkness and nobody else was around, so they played Aimyon’s Sakura ga Furu Yoru (“Night When the Cherry Blossoms Fall”) at high volume and sang along.
    Aruno: “A fluffy person from Kansai. If you act dumb, she’ll return a soft tsukkomi rather than a sharp tsukkomi. But at her central core, she hates to lose, and when she’s frustrated, her eyebrows become increasingly furrowed, until finally she sheds tears. That part of her is cute.” Ioki thought she was too un-competitive before, but after joining Nogi, she saw how amazing everyone was and started wanting to try hard.
    Miku: “She talks very clearly in her sleep.” When Ioki dozes off, she says things like “I know!” and “That’s it, that’s it” as if she’s holding a conversation.
    Satsuki: “I often catch sight of her sleeping, and her sleep-talking is totally intense. Recently, after mumbling something or other, she very clearly said ‘I’m hungry.’ I couldn’t stop laughing.”
    Iroha: “It’s cute when she calls herself ‘Clumsy-oki’ after making a mistake.”
    Teresa: “She has a good figure and she’s skilled at dancing, or should I say she’s skilled at the use of her long arms and legs.”
    Nagi: “She takes being positive as her motto. When I’m feeling a bit down, or when the surrounding mood gets heavy, the one who always speaks first and brightens things is Mao.”
    Tomisato Nao (starts 3:10)
    • When asked who she hangs out with most often, Tomisato says Mao, Hina, and Iroha.
    Ioki: “She says ‘tastes good’ to everything. Whether it’s something truly delicious or a convenience store onigiri that it seems like she’s often eaten before, she’ll say ‘tastes good!’ like she’s never eaten something so delicious before.”
    Miku: “Ever since the audition, I've always seen her eating her favorite cookies. ‘Nao = Cookie’ in my mind now.”
    Okamoto: “She’s like a little sister. She’s good at getting people to spoil her.”
    Kawasaki: “She’s fluffy, her smiling face is cute, she’s like a small animal. Even though she’s like a little sister and a spoiled child, there’s a gap between that and how tall she is.”
    Aruno: “Good at getting people to spoil her. Before you know it, when she looks at you with those puppy dog eyes, you want to do anything for her.”
    Aya: “Cute puppy dog eyes… She hates losing.”
    Nagi: “I think of Nao as having a wonderful smile. When Nao smiles, it’s very fluffy and I feel like my pace of speaking slows down.”
    Teresa: “She behaves like a cool guy (ikemen). Two out of the three times she’s slept over at my place so far, she made the decision to come over that same night.” Tomisato left a toothbrush at Teresa’s place so she could stay over any time, but the next time she visited, Teresa had thrown it away because she didn’t expect her to stay over again.
    Iroha: “Naonao’s low voice is so cool. Especially when we first met, the whole time I felt like I was going to fall for her.” Tomisato has a little sister. The 5ki call Tomisato ikemen when she does for them what she does for her little sister.
    Kawasaki Sakura (starts 31:30)
    • Kawasaki likes to take long walks circling a familiar neighborhood while listening to music.
    Miku: “The princess of the coquettish (azatoi) world. Without aiming for it, Sakura’s natural personality is filled with coquettish cuteness, she’s so sneaky. ‘If you act like that, anyone would fall for you,’ I’m always retorting in my mind.”
    Tomisato: “If I was a boy, I’d definitely like her. Her uncalculated coquettishness and her way of speaking are adorable, she’s older than me but I think she’s so cute. It’s the first time I’ve felt that way.”
    Teresa: “Good at getting people to spoil her. A little devil.”
    Nagi: “#1 at getting people to spoil her. I’ve thought time and again that if Sakura asks for it, you’ll do anything and forgive anything.”
    Okamoto: “A genius of cute. All her behaviors are cute.”
    Aya: “Cute voice, cute movements, cute smile, she’s the girl.”
    Aruno: “The #1 girl I want to be reborn as in the next life.”
    Satsuki: “I thought she was a soft fluffy girl, but she’s also a girl who has a diligent and steady side. When I see her always doing schoolwork behind the scenes, I feel there’s another side of her that’s diligent and admirable. I’m also concerned if she’s able to rest properly. She’s a perseverant worker, so I feel like I’ve sometimes seen her saying she’s fine even when she’s drained of energy.”
    Ioki: “I think she has the biggest sweet tooth out of anyone I’ve ever met. She eats surprisingly little meat or fish, but she’s often eating sweets.”
    Iroha: “Saku-tan is a very clever 3-year-old.”
    Inoue Nagi (starts 1:04:05)
    • When 5ki first joined Nogi, Kubo's impression was that Nagi was a closed-off person, so she shouldn't act too chummy when first approaching her, but Kubo was surprised by how readily Nagi opened up. (Kubo also seems to act the most familiar with Nagi out of all the 5ki in the videos.)
    • When asked whose comments she wants to hear first, Nagi considers and says Teresa.
    Teresa: “Her writing is distinctive, her あ looks like a Take-copter (headgear propeller from Doraemon; Nagi writes あ at 1:13:45). I can recognize Nagi just from her handwriting. Honestly, I think she enjoys ‘Nyan Nyan Nyagi.’” Nagi receives lots of requests for “Nyan Nyan Nyagi” at meet-and-greets, which she’s happy for, but she can’t rid herself of embarrassment no matter how many times she does it. If she remembers that a fan requested it once before, she’ll call that out to avoid doing it again.
    Kawasaki: “A steady girl who can do anything. A perfectionist, stoic.”
    Iroha: “A seriously serious girl. She goes in a straight line toward her goals and the things she likes, I think.”
    Satsuki: “Nagi is steady and brings everyone together, but she’s also often absentminded. She confuses left with right and misreads kanji. When I see that side of her, I feel reassured that she’s not a perfect human being.”
    Aruno: “Perfectionist. She sets a high standard for herself for everything. Also, I think she’s good at inspiring people. When I’m discouraged, she’ll scold me to get myself together, like she's my mother. It snaps my fragile self out of it.”
    Tomisato: “She’s my mother. When I’m having trouble, she saves me.”
    Okamoto: “She looks gentle, but she actually speaks things plainly and has a frank personality… She’s always brushing her hair back.”
    Aya: “Kind to others and strict on herself, she’s able to voice her opinions without hesitation. She often gets kanji wrong. She observes other members closely and gives accurate advice. She’s the type of person whose feelings are often written on her face.” This last trait is perceived as a bad thing, but Kubo says for a serious girl like Nagi, Kubo feels reassured if she can tell when Nagi is tired or sad.
    Ioki: “Nagi is skilled at disguises. A hat by itself is an insufficient strategy, she often employs a technique of tying her hair back and putting on a hood. It’s quite good.”

Last edited: Feb 12, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  15. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Interesting revelations. Sakura's natural azatoi-ness is confirmed. But Satsuki mentioned Sakura still doing schoolwork, is she still studying or is she in university?

16. Gofindnova

Gofindnova Future Girls

Sakura revealed in her July 10, 2022 blog that she’s attending college and her test schedule caused her to miss the first day of the Summer Tour in Hiroshima. She wrote that her dream is to be both a Nogizaka member and a college student without leaving behind any regrets.
    On September 3, she wrote she got full class credits for spring semester.
    On October 6, she wrote she often falls asleep while doing college assignments.
    On November 30, she wrote she's never gone out just for fun with other 5ki, and implies it’s because of schoolwork.

That seems to be all the detail she’s disclosed. Incidentally, this reddit post lists all Nogi college students.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    32nd single (1st round) meguri result:

1. Inoue Nagi - 4/30
    2. Ichinose Miku - 2/30
    3. Kawasaki Sakura - 1/30

Ioki Mao - 0/30
    Ikeda Teresa - 0/30
    Ogawa Aya - 0/30
    Okamoto Hina - 0/30
    Okuda Iroha - 0/30
    Sugawara Satsuki - 0/30
    Tomisato Nao - 0/30
    Nakanishi Aruno - 0/30

It's the beginning of the new single and Nagi is doing so well, she even beats Kaki who sold out 3 slots.

18. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    5th gen doing quite well considering they're the ones who've mainly sold out so far!

19. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Painfully I didn’t purchase today’s event. Money being spent on 10th BDL Blu-ray and Manatsu’s concert. Anyway, anyone have the formation for 5th gen song? Thanks

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  20. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Hina Mao Satsuki Aruno Nao Iroha
    Nagi Miku Teresa Aya Sakura

• Like Like x 1