1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

7 killed, 10 stabbed in Akihabara

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Tatami Mats, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

^ Does it matter *when* he dies? It still won't bring the dead back. Also a quick death is the most merciful thing you can do.

Well, maybe next time, they will take a similar message seriously. At least I hope.

2. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    I think that perhaps because these kind of crimes are very rare in Japan, they didn't take the messages seriously. Now, however, they will have to start doing just that, otherwise this kind of thing could easily happen again.

And does someone like this really deserve any mercy? Not bloody likely.

3. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

i think it can be so many reasons why something like this transpired, and to avoid it might be unknown, but i think for any culture that deals with situations like these, prevention is key, if at all possible, and good awareness, and moderate security, time will pass, but tight security might be asking a lot. It will make people think for awhile, and then get on with life, but being aware is probably the first thing people can do, to help with preventing or help limiting the craziness. But overall, despite what occurred, yeah, crime is a rare thing in Japan which i still think it is a very safe country in comparison to other countries. Let's just hope this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

4. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    It may be safer in comparison to other countries, but as we've seen with this incident, the crimes you do get seem are of a higher level than most everyday crimes that would take place in other regions. Its like going from one extreme to another. No crime to an extreme crime.

Something like this would actually be a rare occurance where I live, for instance. I can safely walk down a street in my town without having to worry if some nut job is going to drive a truck into a group of people then get out and attack them.

5. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

it is stories like we just heard of the Akihabara incident, which come as such a shock, cause it is so safe, and yeah, to have nothing, then all of this, causes so much pain, and anxiety. They had to cancel the "closing of the street for the performance which occur on Sunday's, and holidays" something they had since 1973, that's too bad someone so stupid had to cause so much havoc and instill fear into the general japanese public. So unfortunate, we all just hope that nothing like this occurs again, and IF it can be prevented somehow. But still, being in Japan, you still overall got to feel more safer being around in publice in comparison to being anywhere in America, or a big city for instance.

6. Aigon

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    I don't think that applies to ALL of America or Canada. The city where I live is a very safe place to live for instance. While small petty crimes happen from time to time, like every other place on the planet, big crimes are somewhat rare. Heck, I've lived in this one city my whole life, and I think in all that time, there has been 1 recorded murder in the last 20 years. Those kind of crimes are almost unthinkable in my town. I'm sure there are other places in North America like this, where you don't always have to be looking behind your back while your out and about.

7. girlwatcher1983

girlwatcher1983 Kenkyuusei

This seems incredibly shocking to hear of this happening in Japan. Most of the people on this BBS/forum think of Akihabara as a fun place to visit while on holiday/vacation. The people of Japan are an extremely law-abiding population. My sympathies go to the families of those killed in this incident.

I cannot speak for the country of Japan but here in the Northern California “San Francisco Bay Area” there is a tremendous amount of law enforcement activity that goes unreported by the media. I know because of my various contacts and monitoring of radio communications. In other words “Not every that happens show up in the news.” Sometimes only the most spectacular crimes end up on the front pages newspapers and on the TV news shows. Excuse the term but it has been said, “If it bleed it leads” meaning it will be the first video clip to be aired on the news. Sometime there is no video recorded so there is no news story to report. That how it happens here in the US. I don’t know how they do in it Japan. There are certain subjects that are rarely discussed in the media there.

Don’t bother trying to understand why such an individual commits such crimes with an almost random nature. Remember, this person does not think like most normal people, they do not have put a value on their own life and at the same time they do not value the lives of others that they will affect by there actions.

8. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    A friend of mine, on vacation in New York (from Australia), intervened in a mugging/bashing. He scared the muggers off but got a knife through the lung as a reward. While he was healing in the hospital a police officer came to visit him and commend him on his effort, saying the guy being mugged would've died if my friend hadn't of called the ambulance when he did (before he intervened). He asked if it'd be in the news (so he could take the newspaper clipping as a memento) but the officer said that it's policy not to report this sort of crime if it doesn't involve a death to the media...

9. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

it just goes to show how much crime is prevalent, in the US, whether it is reported or not. Thus, why it is such more of a shock in Japan, not that they never see violence either, but it is defintely treated differently, and on a more serious level. As to why this vile act occurred, is something beyond comprehension and would take this discussion to a whole new depth.

10. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Duh, crimes are everywhere.

11. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

And we live in that kinda world. Duh duh.

12. nepos

nepos Kenkyuusei

That's reality, many people have a complex problem

:cry:

13. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Hey guess what, random idiots started posting messages like, they're going to destroy akiba, because the only one they look up to is whoever the stabber's name was o_O

Anyhow they have around 33 people in detention, youngest is 12 years old, eldest is 43.
    Yay for retards?