1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Ai Otsuka

Discussion in 'The Music Forum' started by TripleT, Jun 11, 2007.

1. SomethingWild

SomethingWild Kenkyuusei

T-shirt arrived!

[​IMG]

Would've prefered the orange version, but this one was on sale haha.

2. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    Anything to show support is better than none ain't it :D

3. rui

rui Kenkyuusei

4. SomethingWild

SomethingWild Kenkyuusei

^Cool, I liked the review :)

I can relate to your wishes. I always shout もう一回 when I'm watching her concerts at home or listening to it in the train haha.

Ai is definitely my #1 favorite artist. I expect the live house dvd to come in on Tuesday, so I'm exited about seeing it. Her band is great too, nothing beats performing with a good live band.

5. rui

rui Kenkyuusei

She is also my favorite artist (I dont count my other fandom as artistes, they are idols XD)

She is.. SO MANY THINGS. I cannot summarize her in one word. She can be so out of control and crazy, be so cute, yet she can also write the most heartwrenching songs, the most warmest love songs, the most heartfelt ballads.

She is so good at creating a whole WORLD of her own.

I really really respect and love her so much <3

6. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

I'm totally not up-to-date when it comes to Otsuka Ai DD:
    But I find myself listening to Planetarium, Sakuranbo and Kingyo Hanabi over and over again.

7. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

Planetarium and Kingyo Hanabi are my faves too. And everyone loves Sakuranbo. :p

8. rui

rui Kenkyuusei

For the new songs, you should try Kurage Nagareboshi, Kumuriuta and Ai for ballads. They are all really good.

I really recommend Love Piece as an album though. I really liked EVERY SONG in that album <3

9. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

I'm only listening to the fifth song I've ever heard by her right now, but seeing that this thread had been updated randomly inspired me to look up something by her. (I'm listening to Strawberry Jam; pleasant enough.) I got into Daisuki da yo from hearing it in my friend's car and them singing it at karaoke last year, and an online friend got me into the Kurage Nagareboshi single in the fall. Her voice isn't what I'd expected it to be at all, but I like it.

Maybe I should try out more by her. I could stand to branch off from my usual H!P and AKB-centric girl pop.

Heh, I have a great memory of being at an anime con and correcting my friend on how to pronounce Otsuka, and then the Japanese girl selling the CDs looked up and said it the way I was saying it. I felt very self-satisfied. XD

EDIT: Okay, I really like Superman. I will totally grab myself an mp3 of that one.

10. rui

rui Kenkyuusei

^I am sure you will love Love Jam then <3
    It has all the fun songs like Superman, Happy Days, Ponpon :D

You should try Pretty Voice, Smily, Bye Bye, Ramen 3pun Cooking, Chu-Lip for her upbeat tunes ^^

I HIGHLY recommend Sensu, which is one of the first few songs that really got me, if you are in the mood for ballad :D

11. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

^Yes Pretty Voice... I LOVE that song :XD:
    All that Otsuka praising made me want to listen to some Otsuka oldies :XD:
    Nothing beats LOVE JAM for me.
    I used to be such a huge fan of hers (I still have her LOVE COOK poster in my room), but after LOVE COOK my interest kinda went down hill.
    I bought LOVE PiECE, but I have only listened to it once or twice. (on the computer - the CD is still wrapped)
    So far I only like Kurage Nagareboshi on LOVE LETTER, so haven't bought that album.

12. rui

rui Kenkyuusei

LoveJam is THE CLASSIC.
    It was the album that pulled me into Jpop.
    I think I've heard that album on repeat for ages <3

Love Cook took me really long to like, Love Piece was much much better and Love Letter, I am starting to appreciate tracks in it. Ai really did it for me though. I've been waiting for this since the first time I heard it on the CM.

13. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

Yeah I've been going through Love Jam on imeem...I'm downloading it now. Really good. =3

Sensu was cool! I like the instrumental.

14. SomethingWild

SomethingWild Kenkyuusei

Love Punch is still my favorite album, but it's followed closely by all her other albums. I like Love Piece too, it has Yumekui on it which is my fav all time song.

15. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

^Funny, so many people seem to love Yumekui,
    I don't dislike it, it just doesn't seem to live up to what people praise it to be, in my personal opinion.

rui: so true. LOVE JAM: THE CLASSIC. I love every song on that album so much.
    Especially, Daisuki dayo, Kingyo Hanabi, Kuroge Wagyuu Joshi Tanyaki 735 Yen, Superman, Friends... and of course Ponpon.

LOVE COOK has great songs such as, Planetarium, Neko ni Fuusen, Cherish and SMILY. <3

Wow... I'm really starting to feel how much I adored her back then...

16. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

OMG, I KNOW PONPON! I TRIED TO LOOK FOR THIS SONG AGES AGO!

It was in a fanvideo I watched of some boyband. I want to say DBSK but I'm not entirely sure. I think I was searching "pong pong pong" at the time. XD Yay, I've found it!

I'm even gladder that I downloaded this album, now! =D

17. Kana

Kana Kenkyuusei

Kurage, Nagareboshi was one of the last songs I listened to from her and I really like it~ I'll try out the others soon together with the Love Piece album. Thanks for the recommendations =D

18. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

Honestly I haven't heard some of her "newer" (probably old to some of you but cut me some slack here kay?) stuff, so I have no idea what some of you are talking about. xDDD

Somewhat related, I like Yumekui and all, but Tokyo Friends? Overrated. And yes I watched all of it. You can all start flaming me nao.

19. rui

rui Kenkyuusei

I havent watched Tokyo friends, is it good?

It took me awhile to like Yumekui. It isnt one of my ZOMG!BEST SONG EVER! But I like the message in the song, and I like the way Ai-chin performs it :)

20. SomethingWild

SomethingWild Kenkyuusei

Yumekui IS the best song ever. I love everything about it. It's so different from any other song.. the way the guitars start, the bass lines, vocals, lyrics.. everything touches me. Not to mention the PV. How great is that.. so creative.

Incidentally, I also love Tokyo Friends. I can see why someone would not like TF. It's a bit soapy, a bit girly and some of the acting isn't all that great. HOWEVER! I can so relate what's going on. Someone trying to escape from a little quiet town to the big city, chasing dreams, starting a band and trying to get gigs..falling in love with someone whose taken, etc etc.

Besides, the music throughout the series is just awesome. To me, chotto, friends, kimi to iu hana, etc etc are all great songs imo.

Again, I can see why people wouldn't like it. Some even go as far as saying it's one giant Ai Otsuka commercial. Even so, I love TF. The movie could've been better though.. that kinda dragged on too long.

-------------------------

Just got my Love Piece Tour DVD! You'd think that after 7 dvds they would get boring and repetitive, but that's not the case. This one has a cool version of Chu-Lip and the "print club" song is just great fun :D. Be sure to check out this dvd.