1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Generation AKB48 18th Generation

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mana, Oct 9, 2022.

1. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Of course. The promotion is nonsense if the paid is the same.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    AKB research students are “paid” with a space to do their homework in Akihabara Don Quixote (on the floor between the lockers and broom closet) and a bento for lunch. Still better than any boring school club.

That said. It appears that the 17th gen are being treated like straight up queens. Their own show, practice time, and share house. Reminds me of how the 3 musketeers (miki, mako, nana) had special treatment

お願いします

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. hinapyon

hinapyon Member

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    Sasshi said she received 50,000 yen a month when she was a kks, Kaotan said she received 40,000 yen.

How much full time members earn varies from girl to girl, but AKB members are said to be well-paid compared to a lot of the entertainment world.

4. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

I agree, but it makes me wonder if this is still true in 2023 when the group has more than 70 promoted members + kenkyuusei (compared to back then when they had only 48 promoted members and there was kenkyuusei selection to "filter" new members) and now that AKB is in a constant decline?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. hinapyon

hinapyon Member

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    They are definitely making more than kenkyuusei though ;)

(I don't want the thread to go too off-topic~)

• Like Like x 1
  6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    It's not very honest to mention the kks selection, when it occured only 2 times and 1 to purposely get rid off a whole generation.

7. gvstavvss

gvstavvss Member

I agree with @hinapyon that we should not go too off topic here, but only to explain myself: I discovered AKB in 2015 and only became a fan in 2016, so I didn't witness the kenkyuusei selections, but according to the wiki there were 6 of them, from 4th all the way to 13th generation and it seems it stopped since Tokyo Dome. So that's my quite "outsider" point of view (considering I didn't witness this period myself).

8. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Supposedly full members get a salary while kks get paid by the job (or hourly).

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    18ki audition Showroom final stage is over!
    Top 3 of each bracket, plus the special judge choices will go to the 4th interview on Jan 21!

Bracket 1
    [​IMG]
    1. Ayappii
    2. Mayama Yuu
    3. Yunapyon

Bracket 2
    [​IMG]
    1. Otenchan
    2. Madoka
    3. Reichan

Bracket 3

[​IMG]
    1. Hinako
    2. Renren
    3. 20ban-chan (Nijuuban-chan)

Special Judge Choices (10 people)
    [​IMG]
    1. Bibi
    2. Ichiha
    3. Aochan
    4. Pakuchan
    5. Hasegawa Noa
    6. Meruchan
    7. Mikoto
    8. Leo
    9. Maruchan
    10. Kyuuri

Link to source : https://www.showroom-live.com/event/akb48_18th_last

Congrats to all winners and good luck on the final interview!
    Any guess how many of the above 19 people will end up on as 18th gen?
    Seems like all good picks, can't wait to see the unrevealed candidates as well!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 8
  10. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

5th round is the final, so I guess 1 or 2. Get 2 SHOWROOM stars and enough.

11. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I mean I think a lot of AKB members are cute, but keep in mind that the concept is supposed be like girl next door. If you want the Ojousama-type, then you need to go to Sakamichi. Acchan isn't ugly, but look at her styling in the original days before AKB48 had more money and invested more in sparkly dresses and accessories. And she was the face of the group.

The beauty of new gens is that they're passionate kids who care about becoming idols, practising singing and dancing and making people smile. They're supposed to be approachable and sweet.

I think sometimes current AKB members are too pretty and too prim. We have too many Mayuyu types and not enough crooked teeth and cringy hairstyles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    AKB48 now with chosen Erii as center is not going the girl next door image anymore. Now they are pushing doll-like image like Erii and Mahopyon, even Aichan is sticking with Twintail and big-eye style.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    And the most popular members are/were still Yuiri and Naachan with their short hairstyles. Hiichan is also undeniably popular, but she sells slower than those two. Erii's HS sales were really sad for a centre position and Mahopyon isn't failing, but she's also not in the very top either.

AKB can try, but you can still see what the fans prefer based on their handshakes sales. The most popular 17ki is currently Eriko, who's just got a constantly confused and wide-eyed look imo, but in a cute way, with old school bangs and long, dark hair. Sorara and Hote-chan, who also have the uber-cute look (Sorara with her half-twintails and Hote-chan just generally with her baby face) haven't really sold many slots.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    At this point we should have the 18th gen being in-training of some sort. If it is similar to 17ki, the reveal should be around end of February or early March.
    I wonder if there'll be another internal selection session again? (for reference, there were 20 people that passed 17ki audition, about half were dismissed before the reveal, source: Masaru/Yukitan showroom)

A candidate from Showroom section, Leo, didn't make it. (source her instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CnyKbC5JBTv/)

A rumor: Someone who passed the final interview decided to withdraw, allegedly to audition for the new Nogizaka Rival group by Avex.
    Can't blame them, being the founding members are always a big deal if they can make it through.

• Informative Informative x 4
  15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I agree, but that's a massive gamble. There's always a chance she won't pass the audition for Nogi's rival group, and AKB surely won't take her back (unless she auditions for 19ki and manages to pass again). If it's true, I hope it pays off for her to take such a leap of faith

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Most stupid rumor I ever heard. Because 1st gen gather huge applicants. The chance to pass it for that girl is very slim.

It was the same as 16ki and past gens. Of course it will have an internal selection. The girls who pass the audition are tentative kks. After debut, they become official kks.

17. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Even though the possibility is higher to be rejected, I'd rather take the chance to apply for a new group and eventually being an important founding member (especially with the mngmt/group ambitions), than joining a group which is in it's 18th year and -with all due respect- on a slow, but what looks like unstoppable downfall. (But Akihabara surely will be able to enjoy their #1 group for another 5-10 years)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

The problem is that rumor about a girl who has passed 5 rounds of AKB48 18th gen audition. 5th round!!! You try so hard for so long and quit at this time for another audition which only begin to gather applicants. It doesn't make sense.

19. IkemenSteelD

IkemenSteelD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    If I were DH I wouldn't get that girl again. Fuck off bitch!

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

I hope she followed her heart/gut when making that decision. (If the rumor is true that is) If she said to herself "I rather fail that audition and end up in neither of these groups, but at least I tried and don't regret anything!" it makes absolut sense to me and I fully support her decision! Imo it's better to try and fail than not taking the chance and regretting it for years to come!

• Agree Agree x 3