AKB48 2022 year in review, and hopes fears, predictions for 2023

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by lionel90, Dec 10, 2022.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Your favorite yearly thread has returned.

Let's write your thoughts about the past year and how you see the near future.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IbarakiRose

IbarakiRose Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin
    I was a lapsed fan but got into the group again this year. Sayonara Mouri-san was really important in that regard. If I hadn't seen there was a new show released, I don't know if my interest would have returned. Having something that is easily accessible to casual fans as an introduction is really important. AKBingo is good, but by now a lot of those members aren't around anymore.

Hopes
    Four new singles
    In person handshake events come back in some regard (even with masks/screens ect)
    Somewhat viral moment happens (In a good way)

Fears
    Mass graduation of Team 8 Members
    In person handshakes come back but are impossibly off limits for non residents
    Too focused on forcing a viral moment

Predictions
    Three new singles
    Surprise centre for one single

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

Honestly, I'm already taking big steps back from 48G, but can't help to post what's on my mind
    Hopes
    - 3 Singles, because less is stupid with this amount of members
    - Okabe Rin A-Side center (I give it a 5% chance)
    - Finally, at last, the overdue YuuNa Wcenter
    - [Edit - Addition] Forgot to mention a new album. It's long due, nearly 5 years!

Fears
    - Okabe Rin graduation announcement (she hinted that she will stay in the coming year, but that does not mean there won't be a year-end grad announcement for 2024

Predictions
    - Actually, I can see 3 singles coming, so :approve:
    - Another Chiba / Honda A-Side center
    - At least eight Team8 members will announce their graduations till their 9th Anniv. concert (excluding Hattori Yuna)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Hopes
    - Yuiri center single
    - YuuNaaMogiOn channel revival
    - New stages--either genuinely new, remixes of existing songs ala the old celebrity stages, or even just revivals of stages they haven't done in a while like Team 4 performing M.T. ni Sasagu
    - Megu back into senbatsu, Yuiri and Miu staying there
    - 3+ singles a year
    - Return of live events, including sports events and similar
    - 4K streaming

I don't have any predictions nor do I wish to give voice to my fears.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. lyl

lyl Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Hopes
    -
    An album release. Most of the group current members don't have album experience, so it would be something fresh for everyone; moreover, albums bring unit songs and it would be pretty fun to see the current AKB girls having unit songs exclusively for them.
    - Mahopyon center single. To be honest I was kinda confused whether to write this as a hope or as a prediction, because I think Maho has good chances for centering a single really soon.
    - Team songs. Lord, please don't let the current teams get stuck with only 1 original song until the next shuffle, like the previous teams.

Predictions
    - Aichan x 18ki ace healthy-slight rivalry.
    - More handshake slots are given to Erichan, and she still manages to sell them out.
    - Things get more and more competitive for the senbatsu 3rd row; Saho, Erichan, Manaka and Naamin keep selling really well so the management have no choice to make the senbatsu bigger again.
    - Other than Aichan, more Kenkyuusei in senbatsu.
    - 19th generation auditions announced in the 4th quarter of the year. Again.

Fears
    - Only 2 singles released again (even though it would be OK if they release 2 singles + an album).
    - Teams getting really small (15 members or less) and they desperately promoting 17ki girls to fill the spots.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  6. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I was just a surprised as everyone here that there was only 2 singles in 2023. I really thought Lip Gloss was a 2023 single because it was promoted into the new year. and we didn't get doushite mo kimi suki da until April.

the mass Eito grads were not to hard to predict but still hard to accept. the group never really got a viral moment, not even from scandals. I don't consider SURREAL or even OO48 to anything near a success but at least it kept the group active.

and in unpopular opinion, I want to gives my big props to the hated AKB48 management and DH. Every decision was arguably poor, except one. the decision not to fold the entire franchise because decreased popularity and pandemic economy. instead they committed to keeping AKB48 going in Tokyo and bringing in talented new members.