1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 21st [Everyday, Kachuusha] 11/05/25

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by aakun, Mar 28, 2011.

1. ohno

ohno Kenkyuusei

2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Re: [SINGLE] AKB48 - 21st Single [Everyday, Kachuusha] - 5/2

Official numbers are out:

This is unbelievable!!! [party]

3. Criss

Criss Member

Its not unbelievable, its popularity.

Unbelievable its that the managment take a not-so-good single and turn it in to a big Sales Success. (we all know why anyway :lol: )

I have to say that its a shame that a single like Namonaki Uta fell because this single, but well, life is life.

4. z3144228

z3144228 Kenkyuusei

5. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana

my single just arrived! [party] [party] [party] [party]

now time to vote for my oshi :inlove:

6. areyoume

areyoume Kenkyuusei

^ i know that feeling :XD:

7. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

I just received my four extra CDs!!!! Time to vote.... AGAIN~ :awesome:

Kay

8. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

My post office has basically lost mine somewhere :fp: even though it arrived to them at the EXACTLY SAME TIME as another HMV order which they had no problem delivering :fp: :fp: :fp:

9. BlitzTs

BlitzTs Kenkyuusei

^
    If they were to delieve your CD to you after the election end than i think you would really [boom]

Hope they delieve it to you believe the election ends.

10. oddball

oddball Member

^
    ^

yeah Waffle I hope it come soon, your gonna need it ptretty sharpish if you want to get it back in time!

Well AKB got the best sales in a week record, I'm not surprised to be honest, it really was something that looked like it was only a matter of time before thier sales got to that level, what may be a bigger surprise is when thier sales for a single drop lower than the one before it now (I discount singles likr Chance no Junban from this)

11. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
  12. chiyuki

chiyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

My CDs finally came! Thanks a lot, CDJ and FedEx. :fp: But whatever! I'm just happy they're here! I already voted. (Chose to vote without a fake, jp proxy.) Two votes for Sasshiiii~

@Mr Waffle: I hope it gets to you by next week. That must really suck. Now I actually appreciate that mine actually came even though I was really impatient the whole time, lol.

13. Criss

Criss Member

OK... all happy for the big sales... another record broken, time to be realistics :hehe:

I really think that the Oricon Must do something about this kind of... phenomenon. Obviously this is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) Sales Trick ever in japanese music industry (senbatsu ticket). The Oricon re-adjusted its sales record system a little 3 or 2 of years ago, they must do something now with this kind of tricks, yeah its not easy but something must to be done.

Sorry, its just that the phrase "Everyday, Kachuusha broke Namonaki Uta first week record" just dont sounds good, or fair.

Anyway, one friend of mine (not a AKB or Idol fan btw) said; looks like the single isnt as good as 1 250 000 sales, the girls are as popular as 1 250 000 sales. Agree.

In the end, in this particular case its "ok" because part of the money will help Japan, but for me that is the only good thing about this sales. Im not proud for this numbers, and probably im the only one :^^;: :^^;:

ok... shot to kill. :XD:

14. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

^ What should oricon do ? Apply a modifier to results depending on some obscure criterion that would make you feel the results are "good" or "fair" ? ..... That's just strange.

The ranking being about CD sales, I don't get at all what seems not "good" or "fair" to you.

15. Criss

Criss Member

Ok let me put it in this way:

Music

Yep, sales are sales, but one thing its a good single with big sales because the MUSIC and another thing its a not so good single with big sales because a piece of paper with a serial vote number.

Now its just a personal opinion, I know that SALES ARE SALES, sometimes have to do with quality some times have to do with popularity or tircks it happens all the time arround the world. I just saying that maybe and just maybe the criteria for this kind or records must be a little more... equal for all. Thats all.

What the Oricon can do? Well maybe dont allow the singles to be part of this senbatsu events (Yeah... as that could happen :lol: :lol: )

16. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

^^
    no Oricon should move into the 21st century and inlude MP3 sales. It is time. Also it should be more diligent in counting from all sellers (not including re-sellers).

17. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

Music ....

I like Mr Children music even if I'm not a fan.
    But I heard Namonaki Uta isn't usually considered their best song musically speaking. So you think the record for this song wasn't "good" or "fair" either ?

If I recall correctly, mp3 weren't selling very well in 1996, I don't see how these improvements would solve Criss dilemma.

18. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

no.

Oricon counts sales (among other things), not popularity. it's people's fault that they use Oricon as an immediate popularity indicator, not Oricon's.

19. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I think that, as long as one cd has been sold, Oricon must bear it into account. Ok, everything is a bit distorted, but that's life. When the Rolling Stones, Michael Jackson, Eminem, Madonna or any other music star releases a new album it usually goes up the charts regardless of its quality, people just buy it because it is released by a famous singer or group, and that is in a way another kind of trick. Records are about sales, that's all.

20. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

^^
    I agree 100%

It wouldn't solve criss's question, but I guess I just thought it was somthing Oricon should do.

Adding mp3 would improve AKB's sales if anything. But they would also drasticly improve non idol groups sales as well. People Like kela Kimura would benifit most I think.

Sorry next time I'll read the post better :blush: