Single AKB48 21st [Everyday, Kachuusha] 11/05/25

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by aakun, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Re: [SINGLE] AKB48 - 21st Single [Everyday, Kachuusha] - 5/2

They've been going to Hokkaido every time since many singles ago.

2. mihipyon

mihipyon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    mihi427

hahahahaha... fully agree with your post shattering (esp about the est. of the amount of AKB fans).
    actually, this always been on my mind...

AKB48 is not as big as we think, seriously...
    okay, they already big and popular enough if we compare with them 2-3 years ago, but is not that big.
    (but already big enough to kill half of their original concept :XD:)

last year i went to japan, there's plenty of japanese people who didn't know about AKB.
    or they know acchan, yuko, mariko but didn't know AKB. some of them is young boy/man.
    some of my friend who live in Japan still said the same thing too (until now).

if i'm not wrong in remembering, last time (3 month ago) when i met youkokurama, he said that, even right now AKB already this popular, but still, this is not enough for them to held a tokyo dome concert.

for me, in the song wise, this single is not as good as some old single. but then again, other people surely has a different opinion. this is only the matter of liking. i myself gave 7 votes only for haachan from this single.

3. Saya

Saya Kenkyuusei

^Ah really? I saw some comments from wotas saying "AKB never come to Hokkaido" and I didn't remember seeing it on the list of cities. :^^;: My mistake XD

4. shattering

shattering Kenkyuusei

Trust me, a lot of the fans here are hardcore and will spend a lot of money just to meet them time and time again. I've been asked by a TV interviewer at one time,"how much money do you spend in 1 month for AKB?" and I told her "about 20.000 yen maybe". I was pretty sure I spent too much for AKB for a month when I said that, but the other people around me said,"150.000yen" even "200.000yen" and the TV interviewer was shocked. She then asked,"how old are you?" to the person who spend that much money, and they said "I'm in senior highschool 3rd grade".

Imagine that.....

5. AKB69

AKB69 Kenkyuusei

those are the hardcore fans. what about casual fans that might not care about events and just observe from a distance. if they don't have that many fans, or people are not buying because they like the music.. how are they able to get 500,000 plus digital purchases on some of their songs without gimmicks..? without gimmicks there's absolutely no reason to purchase a song(digital) more than once.

6. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

yeah... i've been spending at around $150-200 per month on AKB48 for the past few months...
    sophomore in highschool but i have a part-time job as a translator :3

7. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

I'm working, and earning nice money, but I would never spend more than 30-40 euros a month on AKB (that's 350-450 € a year, already a lot I think), and I won't buy more than one CD version each time. Like here for the election, I have one vote, and that's enough.
    I'm sure there's plenty of casual fans like me, but this kind of fan is far less visible than the wotas.

8. z3144228

z3144228 Kenkyuusei

previous single Sakura ki ni narou
    32,000 fans in Osaka handshake event (largest ever AKB48 event) :fear:
    massive number of fans in Kansai area

9. oddball

oddball Member

Geez that a lot of money isn't it, especially for someone at school! first of I couldn't affort to spend that much a month and even if I could I don't think I would, I've never understood why people buy more than one copy of a single anyway, well one of each version is fine (for the different songs etc) but why buy more than one? Perhpas it's because I like never saw the reason to keep on in the packaging or something like that, If I buy a CD or something I buy it to listen to it, not to look at it....

10. nevergiveupboy

nevergiveupboy Kenkyuusei

Hahah, I live in Australia and I usually don't like buying the original ver or limited ver and I don't know how to vote anyway. I only buy theater ver through ebay coz that's the only way I can buy theater ver. But I somehow, the coupling songs in the theater ver always the best in my point of view since I like Kenkyuusei songs a lot. I like how they look nicely on my book shelves :D :D

11. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

Voting has been explained a dozen times over. Not that you support AKB by buying their music firsthand anyway...

12. ET920

ET920 Member

Well, when you are teenager you don't know how important is money. If you live in Japan, you can spend around USD 50 or USD 60 and buy BLT magazines, or buy stuff in the theater itself, then start selling/buying/trading via YA! Playing it well, you can get enough money to sustain your hobby. And handshake tickets sell pretty well as well.

13. Azarashi

Azarashi Kenkyuusei

2nd week so far:
    1. B'z: **,***+54,248 = 54,248
    2. AKB48: 22,390+21,178 = 43,568
    3. Yui: **,***+24,880 = 24,880

14. emanc

emanc Kenkyuusei

Again, liking a song is subjective. You and your friends may not like the song but please don't assume everyone else does too. You may be surprised.

Wow, Feels good to know that AKB fans are members of the rich club. I wonder how AKB was able to attract the rich fans, like 100,000 of them as you say. Too bad for the other idol groups, your fans are poor. :awesome: But I'm surprised that you're surprised that fans spend that much on AKB stuff. You don't know how much their DVD boxsets cost? And yes, you're not a hardcore if you buy one. So if you're a new fan and is catching up on collecting their goods, then yes, 200,000 yen is not far fetched. But still, you're not hardcore. You just have money to spend... :lol:

15. xxskawt

xxskawt Kenkyuusei

When I went to the 10nen Zakura hand shake event in Osaka, there were like 3000 people. So let's talk about the actual growth of the fanbase.

16. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Well, I honestly think they must have more fans, otherwise they wouldn't sell so many digital singles, and songs like HebiRote wouldn't be Number one in karaoke. Those don't include gimmicks. Sure, nobody is saying that they achieved the million because of casual fans, but I don't think they have that few fans either.

Also, if they only had hardcore fans they wouldn't appear in the cover of fashion magazines and they wouldn't be on TV so much. Part of their appeal is mainstream right now, obviously that won't last for long, but I think that at this point is undeniable.

17. shattering

shattering Kenkyuusei

First of all, I never said I dislike the song, I just said the sales does not represent whether the song is good not.

Second, I know how much DVD cost. I have a collection DVD and also a lot of theater version single CD that are still in my room. I even ended up giving it away to some friends because nobody wants to buy it here. I have a lot of goods, everyday I wear either AKB or SKE T-shirt to my university. And yes, I use 20.000yen a month for that. For me, I'm hardcore enough, but those people are more hardcore and have more money than me. Oh yes, I even put Sashihara calendar on my laboratorium in my university :D

18. violetbutterfly

violetbutterfly Kenkyuusei

I just don't get what the point of your argument is...The sales don't represent whether the song is good or not. So? Why should they? You could have the best song in the world but if you're not popular it won't sell well. If you're extremely popular you can sell any old crap. It's just how the world works. I've seen people saying oh the Mr Children single was better and so AKB don't deserve to have this title bla bla bla. I know it's not ideal but the music industry isn't always about quality, it's about popularity, gimmicks and hype. All of these things AKB have and so of course they're going to sell regardless of what the quality is. Also the 'best song' is completely subjective. It's something different with each individual so while you may say the Mr Children single was better another person might say AKB was better.

As for multiple buys, while popularity might be less than what numbers suggest, the sales numbers are going to generate more interest so will hopefully help them to gain more interest. I do kind of agree that it is cheating a little but it's like garnetjester said they wouldn't be in the karaoke charts or all over magazines etc. The fact is they are well known in Japan.

19. shattering

shattering Kenkyuusei

^
    When Mr.Children single was sold at the time, I don't think people bought multiple CD, so when you see the number of sales you know that that is a good song because a lot of people bought it(I learn Namonaki Uta from looking at oricon chart history actually), while for AKB it doesn't, because people bought multiple CDs. Well of course the number of sales are large, but it doesn't mean 1 million people in Japan bought it. Again, I'm not saying one song is better than the other. Like you said and every other people here, that is very subjective.

And for Karaoke, I sang "Beginner" a couple of times on 1 session :D
    [​IMG]
    There are also times when I sang Heavy Rotation couple of times in one session.
    Not to mention the Wotas who use that song in Karaoke just to do MIX.

Please understand this too. I'm an AKB fan (well more of SKE now) and I love them, so don't take me as a person who tries to take them down. I enjoyed AKB, infact if I haven't discovered them while I'm here, I might as well had no live here. AKB is my life. Well, more like SKE is my life :)

20. Saya

Saya Kenkyuusei

^It seems like your saying practically every fan is a wota though, or spends tons of money on AKB stuff.
    That's not true...

and wow you guys spend a lot. I only buy new singles and albums. I'll get subgroups albums too, but not their singles so much. Only 1copy too.I don't think I'd want to spend that much on akb anyways, if I had that much money I'd buy more clothes or a new iPod.