1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 36th [Labrador Retriever] 14/05/21

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Mar 22, 2014.

1. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    All the comments which said the competition is rigged, or the winner is is not relevant, just because akb is not winning. All which are laughable. It is understandable if you are frustated abt last year result, but this year... winning is already a miracle fr akb.

2. Sayanara231

Sayanara231 Kenkyuusei

but this forum is.

3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Yvan Eht Nioj, Yvan Eht Nioj, Yvan Eht Nioj!

Who gives a crap about Jpop fandom? This is an AKB forum, why should anyone care about what a bunch of trend-hugging hipsters like?

J Soul Brothers is retreading american boyband music from 15-20 years ago, at least AKB is recognisably Japanese and resolutely goes it's own way whereas J Soul Brothers would be interchangeable with dozens of boybands from Japan, Korea, UK, Ireland, USA etc etc.

4. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    When did I express any emotion on who did or did not win this year, or last year? Pro tip: I did not.

I did state something that is common knowledge in the entertainment industry, however. Another pro tip: When awards for an industry are decided by those who work in and lead, said industry. Most of the time, "fair" is not part of the equation. ;)

5. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    And again, even if some people here are venting out or sharing their thoughts that "it's rigged" or the winner is "less relevant" or the jury is "avex bias", that doesn't make those people brats.

They are in a forum for AKB fans, within the boundaries of these forum, a fan being bias for akb has all the rights to do so.

6. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Who knows if J-soul brother were that good, frankly the years for AKB, they were just at the height of their popularity when they won. But their songs were far from being the best those times either. Truth is there were other groups that probably deserved these awards more than anyone. But they simply weren't popular enough to be thought of. So even if you really think AKB's songs were better or someone didn't deserve it, just take grace that most people in Japan don't care about the award and think media is heavily controlled by big market businesses and government.

7. sno_rpg

sno_rpg Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I don't think it's rigged. JSB is gaining a lot of attention this year, while AKB is somewhat declining.
    Though I think Sekaowa should have won this year. And AAA's KoiAma last year should have won.

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    When i went to Japan, EXILE is very popular, more than i thought!

even AKB member all wear 24k ( EXILE clothing) for their rehearsal lol

9. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Well there is always next year! Its still a great honor to be nominated for that...every year since. It's not the last we wont see them on the top but I agree, Labrador Retriever in my opinion isn't the Record of the Year. Though I can settle with Oricon's #1 best selling single of the year :)

However, poor AAA. I'm a fan of them too so who knows one blue moon they will win lol

10. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Somebody put "Katayama Haruka's last single" in the Wiki page. It is obviously the last single to feature Katayama Haruka.

11. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    "Labrador Retriever" is Single of Year at the 29th Japan Gold Disc Awards.

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. BurguilloTeam

BurguilloTeam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I have been watching some PVs that I hadn't, and I've just watched Heart no dasshutsu game.

Could anyone say the answer to the riddle? I found the answer to the questions that I found translated, but it's no use if you don't know japanese anyway.

I've searched through this thread and no one told the answer, and now I am curious about.

Thank you.

13. penguindash

penguindash Kenkyuusei

^ I'll explain this one! Actually the Heart no Dasshutsu Game riddle was a pretty cool game that went unnoticed by the int. fandom, so I'll explain it all here.

Basically, you pretty much needed to buy the CD to be able to answer any of it to begin with. The CD contained a crossword grid for you to fill the answers in, and the DVD had a special "Answer Movie" that wouldn't unlock unless you put in the correct passcode. The answers were really hard to find too, like Katorena's book name, which required you to look at the reflection of the cover in the mirror and read the title backwards.

The questions were:

A: Who touched all of the Team 4 members? (Kizaki Yuria)
    B: What did Takashima Yurina have? (hayfever)
    C: Today's lunch was? (gyudon)
    D: Whose costume had something changed from the others? (Nishino Miki)
    E: What book was Kato Rena reading? (Shirayuki-hime)
    F: What could be seen from the window? (crescent moon)
    G: What did Okada Nana lose in? (janken)
    H: Who did Minegishi Minami plan to meet afterwards? (Takahashi Minami)

If written into the crossword grid, the answers spell out the message "What is today's date?"

The date the PV was shot on was 4th of April, so typing in 0404 into the Answer Movie unlocks an extra video where all the girls escape the room. Miichan turns out to have been the culprit, who had locked everyone in the room as a way to bring Team 4 as a new team closer together. (Getting the answer wrong gives you a video where all the girls look into the surveillance camera to tell you that the door isn't unlocking.)

At the end of THAT, Yuria turns up again and gives another puzzle:

"A+J=12 Q+K=??"

In the PV, Miki is the one who pulls Ace, Jack, Queen and King when the girls are playing cards, so the answer to the puzzle is "Nishino Miki".

It's closed already, but around the time of Labrador Retriever you could send her name in to some prize draw to win props from the PV and member photos.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BurguilloTeam

BurguilloTeam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    That is very cool indeed.

The grid is on the PV too, so I just made a screencaption, but obviously I couldn't get the answer without doing japanese.

Thanks a lot.

15. macchan

macchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    Hey guys!
    Does any of you still have the AKB48 SHOW! version of Labrador Retriever (episode 30/31) from 14/05/24?
    It was on YouTube for a long time but it's down now and I really want to watch it again as it's the performance I discovered my Oshimen in ;w;
    I'd be really grateful for any help!

16. A(KB)gent048

A(KB)gent048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    5 years later I'm still wondering what's the answer to team 4's puzzle somebody spill the tea pls

17. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    There was an extra explaining everything. I don't remember the answer tho, but Yuria did it (or was it Miichan?).

18. Himecchi

Himecchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I think is this one