1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 46th [High Tension] (16/11/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Taken down alr....

2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Btw, I believe there is only AKB48G request hour voting ticket instead of AKB48 only and AKB48G RH. So they are not doing AKB48 only RH anymore? I really enjoyed AKB only RH since a lot of my favorite members are in AKB :(

edit: of course they can still do AKB48 only RH at different time (by including the voting ticket in the next single or something). I hope that is the case.

Also High Tension have been watched almost 1.2M times on Youtube just after 2 days (looking at the statistic, not the current views number, which is more than 1.3M)! Nice :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    And don't forget all the views that never happened because of YT Red. :(

4. hilmanelric

hilmanelric Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    that video played in every AKB member showroom, if it counts some of the views are from there

5. Rurouni

A video embedded as autoplay is not counted as view. There is also other stuff in play in terms of how YouTube counting views, but in showroom case, YT video being played on showroom shouldn't count toward views.

6. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Yes, it does.

7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It should, but I think there's a 1 view per IP per 8 hours rule or something.

8. Rurouni

From what I read, most of it said that embedded autoplay YT video does not count. I even read the YT devs response to it (but it is old, like when they were using flash) that they prevent it to give a more accurate view count. Anyway, I'm not an expert on this, but I just think it is logical for YT to prevent this behavior since you can game the system if they allow it. As for comparison, I see the statistic for SKE and HKT last single and SR apparently doesn't have a noticeable impact on the views. If someone have a concrete evidence on embedded autoplay YT video count/not count (assuming that they don't game it), I would really like to see it since I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Also when I say view, I mean the view count in the video page and not in analytics.

Anyway, because of this YT thing, I try to look the previous YT singles number...
    Single (short MV/long MV) in million.
    HN (4.61/2.66)
    KnBMB (1.98/1.31)
    KwM (5.57/3.41)
    TwI (1.47/0.35)
    LT (0/3.87)

Ignoring 365 (which is a legitimate hit), KwM takes the cake (OG power?), TwI flopped (election single, still make tons of money), relatively nice number for LT. HT feels more fun and probably more accessible for the general public so hopefully it will have even better number.
    Having said that, the main number I care about is the digital sales and LT do really well in that front (don't have the number, but it charted very long). If HT can do even better than LT it will be a nice achievement. Sadly, we don't really get digital sales number and instead only have physical sales number which is getting irrelevant to gauge a song popularity.

9. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Just goes to show how shit of a song taubasa wa iranai was. One of the worst a-sides every, and I bet 5 years from now if they do a gen public ranking of a-sides, it'll be in the bottom 3. Yes, I'm still salty about that worthless "song".

On the other hand, this song is still amazing. And even if it's playing in the showrooms and that is counted, it'll be like a few hundred hits. Just a drop in the water of their current 1.3 million, so no effect at all if it's counted or not.

10. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Tsubasa wa Iranai is my fave song, I kinda like how they sing it and I'm a fan of it's lyric.

11. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Personally the only AKB A-side in the past few years that doesn't make my playlist is KBmB, because in my opinion it is truly a terrible song with a terrible dance. I actually enjoy the lyrics and easy gait of TwI (though its MV did it no favors), the punchy cheesiness of Halloween Night, and all the other A-sides people have a dislike for. Point is, shit is subjective and beauty is in the eye of the beholder or something. I have no idea how TwI would fare if the general public were polled, but I get the distinct feeling lately that the general public really doesn't give a flying fig about AKB or its songs anymore and are just perched like vultures waiting for its dying body to finally succumb to the parched wasteland that is the idol industry- um, that metaphor got kind of out of hand.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

Well, I'm an even number a-side lucky lately hahahaha
    2012 combo is still the best sakura/pre election/election a-side. Probably Manatsu + gingham are one of my fave a-side ever.
    Then 2014 we had dog song, payayaya song and KR combo, which in my opinion was the best thing ever happened after Aachan era. Yes, I love KnP, it's like that gum song on Inside out movie... It pops up in my head all the time.
    Then 2016 is been a good one, KwM is great, twi is good / bad at the same time as Id had proffered a nice summer song. But I'm really happy with love trip/wedding song and Paruru centre is also good / bad not as catchy and idol-ish as I wanted, but Paruru is great.
    Actually 2016 is just an ok year hahaha it broke the even number theory. #bipolar

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

13. mionfortune

mionfortune Kenkyuusei

Lols. Tsubasa wa Iranai is a great song actually.. It does even got a good MV and the lyrics was so meaningful. So, I don't think this is a shit song unless I don't care about the message and how the melody works in it.

At the time they release TwI, It's a little bit off coz everybody's expecting a summerish/fun upbeat song.. I also did get mad about this but then I realized that TwI is a masterpiece. It's not just a typical idol song. It's unique.

14. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    even tho i love kichibiru ni be my baby i completely agree with this, metaphor was spot on.

15. ConanShimizu

ConanShimizu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    Twitter:
    ConanShimizu_
    wow, so many dislike for Tsubasa wa Iranai. It's funny because it's my favorite AKB song from this year lol

16. Rurouni

Personally I don't think TwI is bad, but it was definitely a risky move to do a "folk" song. Maybe it was a risk they are willing to take since it will sell anyway.
    For HT, who will be Paruru replacement? Will they rotate the center? Use one of the senior members? Younger members? Will they keep the senbatsu size or not? Since I'm not really paying attention to this kind of situation, how they handled it on previous occasions? For senbatsu size, I'm pretty sure that they will keep the size the same, but that was usually for a 16-nin and HT is 20+ nin (and with the HT formation and choreo I'm sure losing one or several members won't really matter). Is there a fixed center assigned for something like KnBMB? How about NMB Boku wa Inai? SKE Maenomeri? Or probably an older single example?

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think KnBMB hasn't been performed since Takamina left?

Boku wa Inai has been centered by Mirurun lately.
    And I think Maenomeri was only performed once during the SKE RH and Nao centered it.

I don't think we'll see many performances of the single after NYE though.
    We have Kojiharu's graduation in February, so I guess she'll center it then?

As for RH, maybe Sasshi, since she's the queen of the "dance along!" songs.
    Or maybe just don't put anyone and have it as some sort of 4center with Mayuyu - Sayanee - Sasshi - Yukirin?

I would love for them to push Renacchi in that position though. :^^;:

18. Rurouni

So Yuria then... :p

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Please...
    14741811_10154595982634785_928776468_n.jpg

BTW, nobody has an alternate link to the Vocal Team song?

20. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun