Single AKB48 46th [High Tension] (16/11/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2016.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Definitely! The red was much too red for her skin tone.

2. my-eye7

my-eye7 Kenkyuusei

3. Kiri

Kiri Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 유정연
    Just ordered type D and E, i don't know why i had to wait until the release date tho :^^;:. Hope it gets here by next week.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  4. Aka

Aka Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
  5. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    Hoshizora wo Kimi ni from team 8 east son and the tentoumu chu video are my favorites, and i really liked high tension.

6. Aka

Aka Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    All the MVs are out on that certain Vietnamese site.

7. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
  8. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

LT first day is almost 1.3m and HT is almost 1.4m according to Billboard. So unless something strange happens, HT will have bigger number vs LT on Oricon.

9. sandy32000

sandy32000 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mogishinobu
    What is LT??

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

10. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Love Trip. I don't know if I'm reading it correctly, but the billboard article also mentioned 1.375m for LT first week (first day was 1.298m). HT first day is 1.382m

edit: Personally, I think this is a better version of Better....
    https://twitter.com/take_miyu112/status/798779045819224064
    very short tho... hopefully she will release a longer version of it.

edit2: she just posted the longer version

11. Trinu

Trinu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Damn, Oricon took 200k just like that? Damn them! :^^;:

I was gonna say that graduation singles usually sell better... but then I remembered KnBMB and MSM and :XD:
    I guess the song is just plain fun? :blush:

12. plomeplome

plomeplome Kenkyuusei

The HS results were very good

13. jnam12

jnam12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurakaori

The forum talking about charts

• YES! High Tension honestly brought back AKB's sales (the million streak curse) mainly because it is a good song with the JPOP-disco trend atm
    • KnBmB was a horrible song but more than that it was a handshake disaster with the fraud and cancelation of the photo event
    • I haven't checked High Tension's handshake charts but maybe they are doing a special event? I'd like to think the boost in sales is due to the song itself, because it doesn't have any CM/Drama tie-ins (like Love-trip), only Paruru's graduation.
    • Question? Did Paruru have slots for this single, because I remember sometimes the graduating centres didn't do their own singles HS like Rena did for Maenomeri - Sorry I actually liked the song so I didn't pay too much attention to the $$$ parts of the single

btw!

• Oricon has the rule about handshake CDs and how one large purchase (I forgot the exact number so if anyone knows please tell) will only count as 15 CDs.
    • Billboard does something less "stricter" but doesn't include shipments
    • The only honest and most accurate CD counting system was sound-scan (R.I.P), which would give exact numbers but separated them by RE & LE (so handshake tickets were out of the question -> AKB RE sales are like in hundred thousands rather than millions)
    But overall the actual Television promotion for High Tension is pretty heavy, its almost as much as Green Flash -> I guess mgt is pretty sure this will be a hit digitally and physically / Aki-P definitely worked hard on this single

14. plomeplome

plomeplome Kenkyuusei

Its not about the song about on first day. High Tension HS sold very well thats why it sold nearly 1.4m.

Paruru have 5 slot for the first date which is the only 2016 date.

The oricon limited is 20 copies.

15. ABF48

ABF48 Kenkyuusei

this single is not huge digitally (at least not yet, since its just few days from the release so we still didnt knew) and if any about mgmt or akip working hard about, is that they add more gimmick like stage matsuri event or etc. But else, just like what @plomeplome have said, the HS result wich is very good were pretty much sum up everything. Also the growing popularity of team8 is one of the biggest factor imo

16. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    First day Oricon sales - 1,120,070.
    Lower than I expected of at least 1.15m, but maybe it's because of lower non-theater edition sales.

17. gocchisama

gocchisama Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i thought the change in counting of oricon ( doesn't count sales 2-3 weeks before actual release/affect handshake) would impact AKB, but 1.120.070 is again a very good number.

good job High tension.

18. plomeplome

plomeplome Kenkyuusei

Most of the theatre eds will be gone if the change affect them tho. So I guess the change doesnt affect them

19. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    All ranking information are reflected here - http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/about/
    I don't see any information related to what you mentioned. The closest I can find is the paragraph which states that for pre-order of events 3 months prior to the release of the CD, the release date and title of the CD (including temporary title, which I assume such as "to be announced") must be revealed to the buyers purchasing the CD for the event. This is the most recent rule, with the previous rule being no concert ticket / music card.

20. Trinu

Trinu Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    But these are not going out 2 weeks before the release, they're just paid beforehand.

I think the latest tricks of Oricon won't affect AKB much, in the end all these sales are just fans "booking" their CD to be sent to them on release day.