1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (17/06/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. kio(BossOshi)

kio(BossOshi) Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanakanatsumi
    I don't think anyone is sulking -.- least of all Sakura. Maybe she wanted to try something new instead of the always smile that everyone else is doing - I think she might just be trying something different. Or what i think is more likely- it looks like something is wrong with the location. It kinda looks like it's cold or something.
    Either way: that photo is aweful. And she isn't the only one who looks like that. Yokoyama Yui looks horrible. Her hair and you can't call that a smile. Even Suda Akari's smile looks forced. And Rie doesn't even look to the camera. Churi looks like she bit into a lemon, Ogiyukas hair should have been fixed and Jurinas pose is kinda weird. Nitpicking here. But this is just to analyse, I don't think Sakura was unprofessional I think the Photographer was just bad at his Job.

2. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    i agree to this, maybe it is the result of editing via photoshop:^^;:? if my prediction is true then their editor made a horrible mistake :gavel:

3. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Judging by how badly the photographer captured the senbatsu... I'd say it was likely she was responding to that. Again, I can't imagine she's doing this without some amount of self-awareness -- otherwise she definitely couldn't have made it to K7. A momentary lapse of poise being rushed around maybe? SSK this year was chaotic; maybe this was just her unease?

But @kio(BossOshi)'s comment does have some merit -- maybe she's trying a Sasshi-like poker face in this pic. It definitely stands out... but prolly not how she intended. At any rate... a smiling Sakura is miles more than a resting b-faced Sakura.

4. GATX105

GATX105 Member

So the photographer takes plenty of shots and it's more likely that she just wasn't pictured smiling in all of them and that the one selected, which represented the best shot of everyone as a group, was one of those pics.
    They've had plenty of time to reflect on the election and she was fine in the pics right after the election. I think there's too much being assumed from that one pic.

5. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    She's holding in a fart.

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I was actually commenting on the group offshot posted by fatrain. If that means the photographer discarded it, then good. On the other hand, if he discarded it, how was it published?

7. fukasaku

fukasaku Kenkyuusei

I disagree with silenka who said that she was sulking

Even back when she is sad because she didnt get to center Melon Juice where she expected the most to be the center because of her great jump in SSK, she did great and professional in their cover photoshoot and all of the performance heck even she was just 15 years old back then (whom I think is still a child)

In SSK 2016 too even when she cried during the speech she did great in the mizugi surprise

Now she is 19 years old I really dont think when she didnt reach her goal/some newcomer in senbatsu or kami 7 made her 'sulking' purposely in a photoshoot. My opinion is she still not ready to smile and pose by the time this photo being shot and the one didnt make sure to chose a pic when all of the girls looking good in there (cuz some member look so stiff too)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  8. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

is K7 still a thing? ahahaha
    Sakura probably was very self-aware of he rank. 4th was exactly what she was expecting. Higher than that would had been a plus. Lower than that would had been unexpected (even with the NGT girl getting 1st place on 1st day)

9. KiaRaXeL

KiaRaXeL Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    kiara_axel
    she will join keyakiza that's why she can't smile anymore :awesome:

10. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    correct me if i am wrong; isnt the title of the title song and cd out already? based on the taiwan fc page i saw was suki something. any updates?

11. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

We have separate page for the actual single release and SSK related events. The 49th single page has already been updated.

12. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

True -- if the photographer chose shots that supposedly showed the best overall look... it's highly unlikely he chose the exact two that showed Sakura with that expression (or lack of expression, as it were). Good point about Sakura's past recovery from disappointment as well... she's not prone to losing control over minutiae.

Perhaps the shoot was a bit rushed, seems to fit the evidence. But it's still awkward as well, that the only sullen face happens to be hers in all shots.

Anyhow, next topic -- #Sukinanda is the 49th single...

13. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Waiting for the 17-80 scans...

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It was photographed in Okinawa the day after the SSK, the weather was probably windy.

Also, Sakura's gravure has gotten pretty conservative recently, perhaps she's becoming a Takamina-esque prude in her old age (19) :lol:

15. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Maybe Sakura got fever or toothache that day.. Positive thinking :whistle:

16. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I would prefer to think Sakura really had to take a shit but wasn't allowed thus causing her to be pretty upset. I feel like that makes the whole situation more relatable than some decently wealthy young woman who got in Kami 7 and just wasn't having a good day lol

17. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    About Ogiyuka, I saw her other gravure photos from a couple weeks ago and I have to say I'm not too fond of her gravure shoots either. I too think that her body is not the typical gravure type body, which isn't a wrong thing at all, but I would love cute photoshoots of her; she has a really pretty and cute face imo

18. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    There's no way to know for sure, unless she's talked about it. But yeah, she's salty about something considering that's two important pics she's like that.

Attention @ithebigc can you ask her next time when you attend her HS?

19. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I don't think Sakura is unprofessional enough to use the "marinade in your disappointment" technique to convince fans to "do better next time"... it's not a good image for her :/ I wonder if she wasn't feeling well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki