Single AKB48 49th [#SukiNanda] (2017/08/30)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 17, 2017.

1. tengoku

tengoku Kenkyuusei

look like all b-sides songs from SSK units are cool/dark vibe :blink: maybe SR song will be cute
    btw barcode concept kinda interesting so i like NG mv the most [hehe]

2. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Love every MV! my fav song is the UCG probably, the Under song and MV is good!
    The MV details for the NG tho :cute:

3. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    UG to ProWres song have the same atmosphere.. Oh well
    Still liked the UG and UCG song tho.. Need time for the other songs, but NG MV and FG dance is awesome!

UG MV reminds me the old Team K, just my personal impression.

4. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    I really dislike YouTube Red at times like these, but I managed to watch the PVs another way and will give my irrelevant opinion, as per usual :lol:

Undergirls
    The song was already great, but the PV made it greater. I'm not a big Miichan fan, but gdi she looked so good in the PV.
    Now that you mention it, I definitely feel that.

Next Girls
    The song isn't as great as the UG or UCG songs, but it's somehow my favourite from all the ranked members' coupling tracks. I love the barcode concept, especially with Mio and Rara (I don't even know who else was in Rara's scene because I was too interested in her). It's really hard to ignore Nako's vocals; I like them, but they're so different from the others' vocals that they stand out.

Future Girls
    I was looking forward to this song because of the lineup but I just couldn't get into the song. The chorus is nice, but that's about it. With FG, it seems to be a hit-and-miss situation since 2014 - '14 and '16 were great, but '15 and '17 weren't (I still cringe over the Wedding Dress one). My only complaint about the PV is that Rikopi's outfit is a mess, but she makes up for that with being a great Center, leading a great dance (give that choreographer a raise).

Upcoming Girls
    Management spent a lot of their budget on lights for FG and UCG. The song is extremely enjoyable, and is the best of all the ranked members' coupling tracks, but in the PV, I felt Tani and Serika shined more than Ota Nao. Sign these girls up for a jewelry commercial, though.

Tofu Pro
    This is what Shoot Sign should've been. The best coupling song on this single thus far (possibly the best track overall). I love how distinct Jurina, Sakura, Yui and Miru's vocals are in this. Whilst watching the PV, it really hit me that Jurina is 20. She's aging like fine wine.

Song Ranking
    Tofu Pro > Upcoming Girls > Senbatsu > Undergirls > Next Girls > Future Girls
    (if I based this purely on personal preference, Senbatsu and NG would be higher than they are).

PV Ranking
    Senbatsu > Next Girls > Undergirls > Tofu Pro > Future Girls = Upcoming Girls

Overall, it's a great single. Can't wait for the SR and 16th Gen songs to be revealed.

5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Song Ranking
    Senbatsu > Undergirls > Next Girls > Tofu > Upcoming Girls > Future Girls

Video Ranking
    Next Girls > Undergirls > Future Girls > Senbatsu > Upcoming Girls > Tofu

The reason why I don't like the video for Give Up wa Shinai is pretty simple, because it is too similar to Shoot Sign to me. Which can be a great thing, but doesn't make me wanna watch it again (also, I was never very interested in Tofu). The song is quite nice, though. And the more I listen to it, the more I like the Next Girls song!

6. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I find it a very good single in terms of musical quality. Hyping to listen to SR senbatsu song.
    UcG song reminds me very much of Influencer, both song and choreo.

7. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

DM links

【MV full】Give Up wa Shinai (Won’t Give Up)

http://dai.ly/k647n1eR40Rn6noauwa

【MV】Tsuki no Kamen (Mask of the Moon) Short ver.〈Upcoming Girls〉

http://dai.ly/k7AOXGpZjhDpmQoauyN

【MV】Tomadotte Tameratte (Confused, Hesitated) Special Edit ver.〈Next Girls〉

http://dai.ly/k2DyrPFQ4bo1LPoauzM

【MV】Jibuntachi no Koi ni Kagitte (Just In Our Love) Short ver.〈Future Girls〉

http://dai.ly/k2epAm47OjjUJsoauMc

【MV】Darashinai Aishikata (Careless Way to Love) Short ver.〈Under Girls〉

http://dai.ly/kYS456iWgQg1gtoauNH

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  8. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    I like UG as a song but the video is meh to me.
    I was not too fond of UCG but I like the video. (No bias whatsoever :whistle: )
    I don't remember Next and Future even though I just watched them.

...and I just can't believe Tofu is getting another song. It ain't bad, but wtf..

9. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thank you for the DM links - even though I can watch on YouTube, I like that they have a translation of the title haha.
    I'm looking forward to lyrics translations ^^

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

They have to remember people the thing isn't over yet lol

11. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    So far...
    #sukinanda is the best song and overall to me. PV wise no.
    UG song is 2nd place after suki nanda with dem jazzy feels and beat. It also has an average PV BUT contains most of my oshis so i dont complain.
    FG song is meh ish other than yuiyui inside. MV was meh again.
    Next girls is abit towards nogi style to me (to others maybe not). GOod MV, abit average song.
    UCG quite generic overall and doesnt leave much impression on me.
    Tofu is always Tofu; pushing the future aces

Aside all, I really look forward to the theatre single omg please dont let my hopes down Aki-p!!

12. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    First things first, Aki-P did THAT. A really solid single since Kibouteki tbh.

Lmao, the girls look scary af in UG MV. Are they supposed to be... dead in the MV? The makeups, the lifeless walk, and the falling scenes (esp. Miion on top of a crashed car) really serve me that. Still a nice one tho.

Conspiracy theorists are so gonna have a field day dissecting NG MV with the whole barcode and the placement of it on the wrist. The song somehow does not really stand out for me tbh.

FG is probably where I'm a little meh. The song does not stand out, MV aesthetic is nice but that's just it.

UcG totally sweep the floor for me. The song is really nice, the MV aesthetic is elegant too. I agree that the cameraman focused more to Tani than Nao.

Tofu song is really nice too, but the MV is basically Tofu scenes clips so the MV is not doing much for me.

13. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    The single seems pretty solid so far. Only two songs missing, but I'm sure they'll be ok songs in the end. Favs are Senbatsu, UG, and upcoming. Next and Future sound hella similar. And the Tofu-pro-whatever thing that literally nobody is watching sounds decent. The MV's all look good tho. The barcode-one looks to be the most unique.

14. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    ^ You know that the drama has already finished, right? It was pretty nice, btw.

15. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    it has??? Well that goes to show how much I cared for it lol. Well, now I wonder who will buy the DVD lol.

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

They still have the event this month, right?

17. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

This is a pretty solid single overall.

UG: Best B-side this time, really reminds me of Eccentric although the subject matter is different.
    Future Girls: Pretty forgettable song for now, maybe I will remember it more upon repeated listening.
    Next Girls: The song's alright, the PV is the most interesting of the bunch perhaps (but still nothing special, sadly).
    Upcoming Girls: Wasted opportunity, the song could have been arranged so much more awesomely with the Spanish influence. As it is, a pretty bland Spanishy song.
    Tofu: Quite a nice "Eye of the Tiger" themed song. It did remind me of Shoot Sign.

What I lament most lately is the disappearance of meaningful PVs heavily laden with symbolism or creatively shot. Most of what we get now is girls in costumes just standing around/running or in a dance formation and not really doing much of anything interesting. That's fine to a point but where did our good drama PVs and stuff like See-Saw Game go? Admittedly I haven't watched all of the PVs coming out of AKB lately but I've seen many of them and none are particularly inspiring to me.

18. Humbucker

Humbucker Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Sashihara Rino
    Yep. Looks like the assertion that "nodoby is watching" is wrong after all, right?

19. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Whoever approved that Sakura solo needs to be fired

Upcoming Girls: I love the song and MV and the cameraman is blessing us with Ayaya's beauty :drool:

Next Girls: Interesting and unique MV but bland song

Future Girls: Simply yet eye-catching color scheme but another bland song. I love that Rikopi's dress is a mix of red and black

Undergirls: Sounds like a Keyaki B-side to me. The chorus is catchy but the others (including MV) are okay.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  20. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Undergirls is definitely my favorite of the B-sides, but I have to agree, I think it is implied that they are dead in the MV.