Single AKB48 50th [11-gatsu no Anklet] (17/11/22)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@NaMuNaRin That's a lot of assumptions LOL you have no idea why Tomu decided to cancel her participation in elections... She's 22 and if she really goes to college then I'm sure she's really busy with real life right now. anyway if she knows herself that she won't be in the single then why should fans be shocked & upset. it's not shocking, it's even expected, especially with her not being in elections by her own decision, she also gave up on being in senbatsu.

2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Annin probably contribute 0 to cd sales since she didn't do HS. Of course most people understand about the incident, but since HS is important, maybe some people think it is time to drop her. Objectively tho, if we look at Nikkei chart (the chart shows awareness and popularity), she is above Sakura in both axis (higher public awareness and higher popularity).
    Renacchi push is not really working. She has been in management selection single (non SSK singe) since a long time and being selected regularly since BwT as media senbatsu. Although she did do really well in this year SSK, her HS result is... poor. Definitely not a fan favorite, thus it is no wonder that we hear people complaining about it. Also there is the problem that she and Annin get relatively good position despite their result.
    Kojimako I think mostly because of her scandal. Yes, her HS is not as good as it used to be, but I don't think that is the reasoning for people not wanting her to be selected.
    What these 3 members have in common tho? They are in an agency now. So I think their position should be safe unless their popularity fall to Myao's level. Those 3 still have good amount of fans and as long as they have enough fans, management will always include them.
    In the end, most people complain about those 4 because they are the easiest target (outside of complaining about SG member). If your favorite is not included, then you need to complain about other member that are being included. The other AKB members (outside of those 4) that are being included in this single arguably are more popular.

3. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Except that she might be included. She was included in Shoot Sign and Negaigoto no Mochigusare (even better, media senbatsu, too!)
    And she even get to center a unit in Thumbnail album. Not joining Senkyo may have a good thing (for Orin) but it was just giving management reason to pull her out.

4. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Handshakes aren't the only way to measure a girl's popularity or if she deserves to be in senbatsu. Of course if a member has low HS and nothing else going on for her, it's normal to complain over it, but management doesn't only look at handshake sales and they will never only look at handshake sales.

I can't speak for all 3 of the girls, but I can speak for Renacchi since I follow her a bit. Renacchi this year ranked up in elections, 5 spots higher than last year, and she increased her vote count to around 1000 more votes. This might look like it's not good, but with many AKB new gens ranking down, losing votes, etc. Renacchi's results are actually good. Renacchi also got a role in a movie that was released not long ago. She also got some modelling jobs. She also has high numbers of followers on social medias: 210,000 on Twitter and 104,000 on Instagram which is a lot more than many of the AKB new gens who get support in stage48 >.> and lastly, she just got signed to an agency. She's doing great and she has 100% her place in senbatsu no matter what 2ch or stage48 says.

5. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    its not assumptions, it was hers in her mobame. And also, thats why I said it before, that upset is cause that ignorance towards her is still flowing.
    LOL its not hard to understand anyway. And if she really gave up, she already announced her graduation. But she doesnt, thats my girl!

6. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    5 HKT reps and 3 SKE reps ?!?! Even NMB only get 4. I might be starting to understand Jurina's view of winning SSK will help her promote SKE. They have the 2nd highest number of ranked members and the highest number of members and senbatsu. Their sales are never the worst among sister groups, which arguably means they sold more HS than others. And what they get is this. I just can't even.

Ideally I'd cut SG down to 3 per groups (except for STU, NGT should have only 2 but they have shown good results and Kitarie is on her way out so 3 for them is fair enough). Cut Hana and Ayaka and keep Mikurin if they must play favouritism to HKT. I don't particular like Yunana but she has shown results with lesser push (her centering was after SSK). I'd even raise a moot point and say this: people complained about Rara and look at her now, her push is nowhere near Hana's level and she was doing nicely.

About the difference between SSK senbatsu and this. I am fine with NMB Akarin staying cause she is more known to the public than some other. Adding Hina-tan will be too many NGT rep. With Souda it is still too early, it took SKE Akarin 3 SSK senbatsu and a kami-7 to be staple senbatsu, fan-pushed fishers just have the hardest odd out of them all. Churi is on her way out too, she's been on that for several years and i think making senbatsu in SSK is her way of making a statement, not because she wants to be included in future mgmt-picked senbatsu.

The only one I have problem with is Nao. She is in the same position as Miru, albeit a bit behind in terms of popularity. Which brings me back to the SG slot distribution. Realistically, they can cut Hana and add Nao and leave the old SG 4 reps each (and I say realistic cause the ideal 3 rep per groups will not be enough by mgmt standard).

STU needs rep so I am okay with Yumirin. 28 is also a stupid number so add 4 more for more Team 8 and other AKB girls please. Then they can nicely cut everyone down to 20 something in some music show as done with Negaigoto, cause cutting a few girls from 28 will look real bad for those girls, but cutting about a third of the senbatsu from 32 will not.

In conclusion, cut Hana, add Nao, Tomu, Sayaya, Naruu, etc.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  7. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Yeah man.. You're right in some point.. But high tension senbatsu announcement really killed her and its still there.
    And I agree with you, actually it was really good for Orin! I just hope they wont do the same thing to Orin.

8. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    And for people who say let SG push their own girls. SG have 2 releases per year, 2 singles or 1 and an album (which means less promotion cause unless you are AKB or 46groups you are not gonna get album song performed on TV as much as single). AKB can let go of the million sale so SG can have 3 singles per year like before then I'll happily accept AKB-only senbatsu.

Tbh every time AKB senbatsu is announced I have to repeat my point about SG rep again even though I don't want to sounds salty to AKB at all, just because someone will bash SG no matter what. No matter what fans want mgmt will not let AKB-only senbatsu and more releases for SG happen so both AKB fans and us SG fans will be bitching for a long time. Personally I am almost resigned now and only hope mgmt keep the SG reps from being too much.

9. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I also followed her believed or not. I did say that all of them have good amount of fans even if Renacchi HS result is poor. But the question is why people complaining about those 4 (Miichan, Annin, Renacchi, and Kojimako). If you say that Renacchi result is good, then Miichan result is great even if her HS result is also poor. This is not how good a member result is on its own but the relative result against the other member that are being selected. The other supposedly staple senbatsu member from AKB are Mayuyu, Yukirin, Yuihan, Naachan, Juri, Miion and probably Yuiyui. Objectively, you can't really argue about their inclusion (well, maybe Yuiyui. But now she is a monster HS seller and management favorite).
    If people want more younger member (Satopii, Seichan, Megu, Sayaya, Komi, etc) then someone must step out. Miichan, Annin, Renacchi, and Kojimako are the most logical target.

Problem is that in this single we have 12 AKB (including 2 T8 which sometimes they think they are their own group) and 18 SG. This is the worst balance compared to the recent singles
    AKB - SG number
    NnM: 18 - 17
    SS: 18 -14
    HT: 15 - 7
    Basically in the previous singles, they have added the members to accommodate AKB members, now for the first time since I don't know when we will have more SG member in a non SSK single. I do understand the need for SG to be in AKB single, but 12 - 18 balance is not a good thing.

10. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I hope this will be a good one. I hope the song will be memorable and a fitting swansong for Mayuyu.

11. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

it's cool, comments like that will never stop, because management does things like this
    it's like, what's the point of having kennin to akb, when they can just pick anyone who is not even in akb to be in a single that is by akb
    I do like a lot of the girls on there, but then there are a lot of girls that are just clearly being push down our throats

but i think this senbatsu is just them looking at the 48th single senbatsu and replacing a few names
    team BII is the only group they don't give a damn about if they're including members from all the teams

12. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    fnksnksnk NOT 0 tho, you made it sounds like Annin oshis are a bunch of stingy people. As long as she's still in senbatsu or involved in any coupling, her fans will still buy the CDs, although not as much as they used to since she does not do HS. (and possibilities of her fans having 2nd oshi)

I mean for a flop that y'all love to claim, she did well in her surprise comeback SSK (stomped on some of the faves of these complainer's rank that year too hihi). Point is her fans are still there and well until her graduation.

13. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

It's really nothing but if you think about it, Nao is arguably the "successor" of Jurina if you would say aka the same as Mirurun. How is it that Mirurun gets a staple but not Nao? Mirurun didn't rank too far away either. Their vote difference is 1,289. I'm not saying that it grants anything but if they were to include Hana, Aayan, you would expect them to include some low tier senbatsu members as well. Akarin was the only one that made it.

14. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    There's just a persistent lot who just don't give up on their dream selection. They sure have a lot of free time for those lengthy complaints.:awesome:

Thinking about it, time sure fly fast and it's already the 50th single. It's as if the 13th single was just last week and I'm still grappling with all the names being mentioned in the thread discussion.

15. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    And your profile pic just broke my heart once more lol.

16. namine

namine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    I want Yukirin to be in the front row...

17. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I think she will along with Sashi and hppefully Miichan,jurina,kitarie and sayaka would be there cause like they are those old gens(been in many old akb singles)

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Lol that akb taimuzu article where some dude comments about annin, renacchi and mako are as toxic as people here complaining about Hana chan.

I was gonna post it but I didn't cuz it was garbage.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

19. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Seriously, why Hana over Hinatan (NGT) who actually made senbatsu, is killer at HS, and most importantly, she actually really respects Mayuyu! (I get why Ayaka is in though, she's in a similar situation to Mikurin and Yunana). And now that I think about it, Mayu is a NakoMiku fan... but management gives us MikuHana...

Yeah, they shouldn't have made this a 28-nin (such a random number). If they added four more members, they could include Satopii, Naru, Seichan, and Sayaya.

This is what makes me hate this selection. Naru is the highest ranking 8 member for two years in a row. It's a huge slap in the face that she has NEVER been in senbatsu. Also, as an Annin oshi, I understand why they put Haruppi in.

No, Hanachan screams Meru 2.0. Just everything about them--new member is slightly popular and management takes that to mean that they should become center, then gori-pushes them despite little results.

Ayaka going to get popular, mark my words. With few exceptions, NMB fans actually listen to management push (see: Sutou Ririka, Ota Yuuri). Maybe it's just because NMB management pushes hot members lol.

20. nyanyankamen

nyanyankamen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Well, I did point out the fact that the other 4 girls who weren't included should receive the same treatment as Akarin, not that she is superior to Nao, Akane, Hinata and Sarina but i'm telling you that Akarin is not taking anyone else's spot she's a SSK Senbatsu member like the rest of 4 the girls, the one's you should be talking about are non-Senbatsu girls as I said before. And if we're going to argue about the 3 member thing for each SG, then it's Ayaka who should've been excluded, not Akarin.
    And, yes, I think it's better to think the other way that Miku, Hana, Ayaka and Yumiko should've been dropped for the sake of Nao, Sarina, Akane and Hinata. Their right of being fixed Senbatsu girls was taken away by other girls, but NOT Akarin.