1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 50th [11-gatsu no Anklet] (17/11/22)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

- Kouhaku
    - Thanks (post SSK)

And there's also some mini concerts like those 5 Team8 concerts in January, the 16gen concert and Miion's solo concert.

I guess we all miss the big tours, including me.

However nothing comes close to how much we all miss the Dome concert.

2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The whole Dome tour was a big too much of an exercise to show strength.
    4 days in Tokyo Dome was also a bad idea (and there were empty seats there as well).

Ooos, yeah, add Kouhaku as well.

The Thanksgiving one tho...
    Last year it was a proper concert in a usual concert venue, but this year they basically used the venue they use for HS, so... :/

But yeah, I guess that would be another traditional concert to add.

I still think the teams (not just AKB, but all the 48G) should be going around touring.
    The theatre is nice and all, but the artist also has to go to the fan sometimes.

3. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I'm not really sure with the hardcore fans mostly keeping the 1mil streak though. Getting an AKB show ticket as a general public still a though task to do. And based on my short observation in Tsutaya and Tower Record the general public interest to AKB singles is still a thing.

Well, that's the exact concept of a certain team :D And yeah...it works with just one member constantly showing in a prefecture. More would be better. If the management want to be more aggressive they can open a booth to sell single in each event. The conversion rate of people seeing the event to buying a single would be better.

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The GP must be there, sure, but they I don’t think they add 100k to the total.

They must know how many fans are buying those Theatre editions if they don’t wanna do concerts anymore.

Perfume sells 50k per single and yet they tour around the country, do dome concerts and even perform abroad.

Something must be missing at the AKB camp if they don’t.

Sure, Team 8 is great, but there’s probably some guy in Tottori whose oshi is Seichan and can’t make it to Tokyo.

I’m not saying every team has to do a complete 47-prefecture-tour, but we have (at the moment) 14 established teams, 15 with Team 8 and STU and yet they’re always performing in the same 5 places.

5. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    if we're lucky right

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

If they’re not dumb and make it outdoors, basically.

7. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

Well, if the sales starts dropping, they just add a new sister group or something =]
    Easy! More girls, more HS and.... hahahahaah
    If this is profitable, well, I have no clue... It must be =]

Regarding concerts on big venues, I'm not sure, definitely AKB is still mainstream and have a massive fan base.

Take Mayu graduation concert, I'm pretty sure they could had done it in a bigger venue, but i think probably it's just matter of availability of venue on a specific time

8. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    When Sayanee and Sakura graduate, they'll loss as much as 48 'reliable' slot count. [hehe]

9. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    AKB didn't even manage to be in top 50 in top concert power in 2017 in japan, at least Nogizaka is there. http://aramajapan.com/aramaexclusiv...017-concert-mobilization-power-ranking/82964/
    Saying "fake sales" of course is because those sales are only due to tricks, but nobody cares about their music. The GP is no more here for AKB, it has only been an "only otaku" thing, but at least they were more trendy until 2013 (and 365 nichi no kamihikouki)... now nobody cares about their music and AKB in general and seeing the results and the popularity of the group outside of otaku and sales gimmicks make it so clear.

10. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

I was also thinking how AKS were being excessive by holding 3-4 day back-to-back Dome concerts.

One day Dome concert is all we need.
    Maybe they're pissed because it ends up as a graduation concert or as a setting for a graduation announcement lol

These Kansha concerts are brilliant, and I hope they become a yearly event. But yeah it's not hard to miss the venue this year. It reaaally upset me too at first, but maybe AKS were trying to focus on the interactive part of the event. It would be easier for the girls to move and wonder around in the HS venue than in the narrow steps of a concert hall. I hope next year AKS will overcome their new fear of open concert venues after what happened on Okinawa, and hold the Kansha concerts there. Though, SSK should still be held in prefectures with large and closed venues and Domes.

11. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I hope you're right and they begin to be recognized as a group that provides good music instead of just oshimen for wota. Here's hoping it's not too late since 2017 has been a fantastic year for AKB musically and that's something they can hold on to if they try enough.

12. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Shiho
    While it's quite obvious that Nogizaka has more public recognition, at least at the moment, the way they sell is exactly the same, which would make them "fake sales" too. And why do you call it a trick if almost every idol group does it this way? It might technically be a "trick" but it does not give AKB an advantage over other idol groups if they do the same. You can't just pick it as a reason to devaluate group X and then use it as a reason why group Y is better if they do the exact same thing.
    I have yet to see statistics which prove that Nogizaka sells hundreds of thousands of CDs more than AKB because people actually like their music instead of just buying them because of handshakes.:flower:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Shoot Sign was a set back, but AKB48 has definitely been doing well since last November with High Tension.

They also got back to giving the girls agencies. This actually helps immensely with GP popularity, because these agencies are the ones who provide the girls with outside work and solo activities like famous variety shows, dramas, and solo singles. This brings back interest in AKBG and what they do, or at the very least increase singles sales through HS and SSK.

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Nice to see you avoided my question. I guess you are one of those people.

• Like Like x 1
  15. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^technically you didn't ask them a question.

All they said was "at least Nogi is there". Yes they mentioned some debatable things about AKB but no where in that post did they mention Nogi being better than AKB, so you don't need to be so defensive.

Concerts mobilization power charts are an indicator of how well a group is doing, however if a group barely held concerts this year like AKB, it's hard to gather whether the group is in decline or not. The very fact that AKB aren't performing in concerts a lot as compared to past years can be indication enough that there is a decline in the groups popularity. They have enough members for it, and they surely make enough money with SSK and single sales to hold concerts, so the lack of concerts could simply be due to the fact that they don't want to face the embarrassment of holding a concert that wont sell out. Or maybe they don't want to loose out on money (referring to that statement of Aki-P saying the TD 2012 concert lost them money, idk if that statement was proven wrong or not but whatever) by holding dome tours. This is just food for thought though.

16. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I was just reading this article & kinda search AKB48 name in there & was really surprised that they are not in the list..
    Female idol groups that make it to the list are Nogizaka46, Momoiro Clover & Morning Musume.. Nogi & MomoClo are probably because they performed in big venues.. as for Momusu, they performed A LOT at smaller venues (their average per venue are 2000-3000, except Budokan)..
    I wish AKB48 can do a nationwide tour at smaller venues.. just sent in new gen girls or something.. Concerts can do wonders to these girls' performance skills.

As for the single sales, a lot of people already suspected that the good sales are derived from a lot of gimmicks, the same with other idol groups.. while I'm not too happy about it (you know, because the extra CDs case got thrown at mountain things) but still kinda glad they got good sales anyway.. I wonder if I'm bad or good thinking that way.. but sometimes I got really curious of how the sales will look like if there is no gimmick at all.. 500K? 100K? or maybe less than that?

17. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    They do. #8

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Different nature. 48G is theater based and always will be. Concerts are just extra side jobs like drama, events and other stuff.

Make no mistake, people buy it for the gimmicks. They are idol groups after all. It's not about good or bad, its just good business. With no gimmicks? Definitely not 1mill sales I guarantee you lol

19. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    The term "fake sales" seems ridiculous to me. Yes, they have a mountain of gimmicks, but they still sell the goods and they still get money for those goods. It's not like they are somehow getting in any database and giving fake numbers... The record label is still getting its money. Take the gimmicks, watch the sales decrease, and they will still be real sales. Same if you increase the gimmicks and it somehow works.It's still money being made and Oricon and such think the same way.

• Like Like x 1
  20. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Why are you guys so anal about the term XD

You mean fake as in inaccuracy of the counting system, quality of the single and how they were sold marketing wise?

it doesn't matter, the numbers are just reference. It doesn't really mean anything other than popularity of the demand from fans.

And they are classified as "Million" once they reach 1mill sales. So imo it doesn't really matter that much for the 300k~500k difference of sales either. :lol:
    http://www.riaj.or.jp/f/data/cert/gd.html
    (Scroll to bottom for the chart)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017