Single AKB48 50th [11-gatsu no Anklet] (17/11/22)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 10, 2017.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  2. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Because of UK Customs charges and delays on packages from CDJapan with more than one disk I use Amazon JP as much as possible. I can pay Customs taxes up front and delivery via DHL usually takes only 2 days. However as others have said their packaging isn’t good. I’ve not yet had any damaged goods but once I had a delivery of gravy mags with the box partly open and Mirurun’s oppai on display to anyone handling the package. :(

Therefore I now always use CDJapan for printed materials. Their boxes are secure and Customs doesn’t seem to take any interest in charging tax on books and magazines.

Of course I don’t get bonus photos from Amazon JP but I’d rather pay a cheaper price for the disks. Incidentally a couple of years ago when I last ordered a NMB48 single from CDJapan (Boku wa Inai) I got a different store bonus photo with each type. I was told that always happened with ordering NMB48 disks from CDJapan but I don’t know if it still happens.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  3. Mayayoyu

Mayayoyu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Out of all the goods that I have bought off of Amazon.jp, I've only had one problem and that was a tiny crack in the case. I think they're pretty dependable

4. Jolene

Jolene Kenkyuusei

I always use CDJapan, and received customs charge for the first time when I bought Yuko's graduation DVD. The limit for a charge to occur is £15, and CDs or books cost less than that, so buying things separately is the way to go (even though it costs a bit more, at least you're not risking customs charge). Although with albums and calendars that were above £15, I only got a charge once, so I think it depends on your luck too. But you're right with delays, unless you pay at least £10-15 for shipping, they take ages.

5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I find it curious that you have to pay customs in the UK and I don't, even though I live in Europe as well and as far as I know, you're still part of the EU and we usually have the same laws and regulations when it comes to overseas shipping. It is true, however, that CDJapan takes quite a while, but I'm not willing to pay 3k Yen just to receive it within the same week

6. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    The up-front customs thing is a huge deal for me. For things I bought from CDJapan, I had to go pick 50% of them up at the customs office, which is in the rear end of nowhere, basically costs me three hours of a weekday. So for me is Amazon only and I risk the cracked cases (which I heard of but I don't think I ever got myself).

7. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I don't mind using a slower delivery method to save money, indeed I always use SAL Small Packet rather than Airmail when ordering books from CDJapan. However I do object to delays caused by Customs which is why I prefer to use Amazon for larger orders as they speed through the airport on arrival in the UK.

I used to be able to order 2 CDs in one package from CDJapan without any problems but about a year or so ago I found that UK Customs started to always charge me tax when I did that. However more recently I ordered from CDJapan one type each of Mayuyu's solo and HKT48's 1st albums, both of which were over the 15 GBP Customs limit, and each one arrived quickly and without charges. Having said that, earlier last year I ordered from them the live concert DVDs of Sayanee and Wasamin which were released close together. Even though the prices were much the same, Customs delayed and charged me tax on the Sayanee DVD but not on Wasamin's.

8. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Off topic?? Lol

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

9. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    We all love a good off-topic discussion on S48! :p

But seriously, I'm perfectly happy for this discussion to be continued over on the ordering, shipping and arrivals thread.

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

AKB48's 50th Single (11-Gatsu no Anklet) (7th Week Sales)
    Week 7:
    1,179 (1,120,494) (33rd)

11. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The first of two further HS resale rounds has started today on Chara-ani and will run until 1300 JST tomorrow (1/19). The second one will then run from 1800 tomorrow until 1300 on Monday 1/22.

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I still don't understand why would they stop the rounds.

Like, the next four events are in February, March AND JUNE. There is plenty of time to sell!

13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

They never stopped the rounds in the first place. It was just the resale result was too.... little to warrant an annual update.

14. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I think it's because the next event will be in 2 weeks. Most of the fans who are going have purchased during the normal rounds but it doesn't hurt to do a couple of resale rounds. It won't produce significant results but some fans use the opportunity to rack up a couple more tickets probably for oshimashi.

15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

The vocals are indeed very messy. Churi doesn’t seem to be in very good condition unlike her duet with Nao. Tano improved so much :cry2:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i really enjoyed the performance,but yukirin and churi didn't sound that good
    tano got lots of screentime

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Objectively speaking, Tano was the best. Is she the one who's doing a musical? cause if she is, this explains it.

18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Not bad, was surprised they even get to perform this on music TV shows lol

19. tengoku

tengoku Kenkyuusei

this perf is 100% live lol i can't hear any backtrack so this is like raw perf,100% their real voice,AKB group perfs with LIVE ver like this are always messy so nothing surprise me

20. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

I like the U-17 song but damn did it really have to be 5 minutes long