Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    It was quite a shocker for some people on this thread but not for me of course. :)

2. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    1st week Soundscan: 1,202,909

Compared to Shoot Sign 1st week: 1,293,597

3. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Hopefully the music shows haven't moved on to the TBA single as we have here. Still hoping for a sakamichiakb performance dare no koto wo instead of going the mazuriau mono route which was a waste. Mazuriau perf would have been really great and much better than the video-assisted one at kojiharu's concert and the ikoma-centered silent majority.

4. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Jabaja performance on Akbingo with Miion as center

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. Mikansei

Mikansei Kenkyuusei

6. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yay! Team 2001! They're all my age [hehe]

7. Dubkau

Dubkau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Noeppi, Bibian, Ogiyuka...Justice for 1999 <3:gavel:

8. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Also Yuipon, Hinatan, Katomina, Yuuri...
    Yeah 1999 rocks! :blush:

9. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

10. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Otamage! is really all that matters

11. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i don't speak japanese so i can't say anything about her japanese skills,i agree that her dancing is not that great but she's still so much fun to watch on stage.wouldn't mind seeing her center more

12. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    It's funny how I can hear her accent very clearly whenever I hear her say "JaBaJa", however the rest doesn't seem too accented to me haha

While I'm not judging her dance, she seems to sync with the group better. At times she looks like she was 1-2 seconds slower than the rest of the team, as if she forgot what the next movements were supposed to be. Funny, because I didn't think the positions in JBJ were that different for her to be forgetting it. It might be the nerve Centering it? idk

13. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Kokkyo no nai jidai 1080p

if the video does not show watch the video here

I had to use a vpn to HK in order to access the video tho :?:.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  14. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    I think part of what people like about her is that her accent is cute af. And it might be less accent than mannerism, when I heard Ma Chia-Ling speaking Chinese it kind of has the same feel to me. I don't know… soft?

Can't opine about her dancing skills since I know nothing about that, but I do enjoy watching. Especially for this kind of song, she certainly seems to get into the groove a lot more than Naachan does.

Oh… TFW after half the song paying attention to the center I suddenly notice my oshi is subbing in the back row :^^;::inlove: suteki

15. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

That is merely your preference that you want to see the song carried like that. When I heard the song for the first time, I always thought the dance should be carried out in a cooler way which is exactly what Naachan does in her performance. So when you say groove, I say sloppier execution covered with a lot of smiles.

16. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I could hear her accent in her solo parts, and her dance was so~so. I think a big factor was being center for the performance, she might've gotten nervous. Hopefully her accent and dancing will improve. Another person who immediately caught my attention was Takeuchi Miyu during that performance, I wonder how the song would sound if she had been center during that performance?

17. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

But I don't want her to improve her accent. One of the thing that made me attracted to Macharin is her accent. Her already cute face combined with her accent make her really nice to hear and watch (like watching her Showroom). Her accent multiplies her cuteness :)
    As for Miyu, I don't think the current arrangement will complement her singing style. Then again, there is no solo part in Jabaja, so in the end it wouldn't matter much.

18. Lalo Martins

Lalo Martins Member

Oshimen:
    Kudo Riko (48), Takase Kurumi
    Twitter:
    martins_lalo
    Well ultimately that's true, every evaluation amounts to preference. But in this case I'm not coming from a completely arbitrary feeling; I'm judging the song in terms of the style that it pays homage to, and how songs in that style are normally judged. As I mentioned before, I know people who play professionally (and successfully) in that… “genre family” let's say… and they would describe Naachan's performance as “stiff”. (That's the exact word one of them used when I showed them Zainichi Funk a few years ago and they're way, way groovier than Naachan.)

One thing I was musing earlier today is that we often talk of dancing skill as if it's a single simple thing we can measure, but reality is not that easy. People, even pros, can be great at samba and suck at hiphop. A professional in ballet and a disaster in tango. Apart from a common set of requirements such as flexibility, coordination, and rhythm, each “genre family” (to reuse a term) is a completely different skill. For, say… mambo… or even, indeed, soul, Tecchi's or Zukki's clean, sharp movements are no help at all. Of course I wouldn't put it past Tecchi to also be good at mambo and samba and soul and swing because clearly she's superhuman, but — we haven't seen it.

+1.

19. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Can you even get rid of an accent?

I mean I have spoken English as long as I have spoken my mother tongue and I still kept my accent lol

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Yep, it requires quite some work.