1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    Damn that MV almost killed my eyes. The contrast between light and dark is almost too much and they kept on flashing that light from the stage... Overall I think the last SakamichiAKB song was better. It immediately hooked me the first time I watched it, both the music and the choreography. This one... not so much

2. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    How many does she need to sell to center a keyaki a-side?

Not really feeling the song nor the mv atm.

2 things:
    - I'm salty Naachan is on the second row, is like aks don't know how to push people anymore
    - I hate to say it, but Neru looks too cute for a "cool" song like that, if Tecchi wasn't available the should have just put Naachan Shida as center and hope she wouldn't laugh.

3. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu

:fear::fear:

4. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

Yeah I have to agree especially because of their songs. I always joke about them being Niigata46 lol

I feel like they already are mix of both but they have their own style and I think it's one of the reason I like the group as a whole so much

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That SakAKB dance...

Well Nana lied. Or they're too slow at learning this crap.

Don't like the song. Those monotone choruses are uggg to my ears.
    And Neru center? Meh.

6. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    The MV isn't bad and isn't amazing, but I enjoyed it. I like the song a lot. And it feels really unbalanced, with 12 Sakamichi and 6 48G girls, I know it's been discussed ad nauseum, but it's really annoying. I mean, it doesn't even make sense to have 6 girls from both Keyaki and Nogi.

In their defense, it's possible that the harder parts are either in the 2nd part of the song, or are not included because they were synchronized. Also, synchronization takes a lot of time, I would assume. So 6 hours seems really reasonable to me.

7. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Hype the song so it get's buried for being a snoozefest.
    Revenge for not getting center. Smart.

8. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    I'm pretty salty how little screentime Naachan got, considering she's the Center of this single, while Jurina and Naachan got way more screentime (not saying anything against them, it's just that it seems weird that the Single's center AND an AKB girl getting less screentime than non-Center girls from SG). Also it's like they are being overflowed with the 46 girls like this. Like, this is a 48 Single, not a 46 Single.... I don't follow the 46 girls so I don't know what to say, but it seemed like even Jurina would be a better fit being Center for this song seeing what she showed in the few seconds at the front.

9. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Neru doesn't fit as center for this single at all. Would have preferred someone like Shida as well.

10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Except 46 group girls aren't allowed a personality like Rika, OgiYuka or Noeppi (except for Techi's moody personality lol)

11. Endu

Endu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kato Shiho
    I like it a lot, though I guess you shouldn't watch this one in the dark lol
    I love the song and I like the visuals. Nothing too fancy, but at the same time doesn't look too cheap (but hands down, it probably was).
    The choreography indeed doesn't look that hard, but we haven't seen the full version yet. We also couldn't see the entirity of the chorus. I would agree that from what we have seen Naachan seems to have exaggerated a lot, but we shouldn't judge her before we have seen it live.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  12. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Well in the end it wasn't a matter of bias, I was actually pretty confident that Neru was going to center it precisely because of the PB sales and buzz, and due to Techi not being included (it would only make sense if a Sakamichi member centered it, IMO - even if it was WCenter with a 48G girl).

13. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    From the Sakamichi thread
    From what I've seen so far, I love the lyrics. More lyrics like this on AKB's A side maybe? please? Aki P please?

14. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

The lyrics and melody are typical Keyakizaka. The MV felt a bit dry. I couldn't tell who was who, not just because of the awful color scheme but also because of the terrible lighting that made their faces seem on high contrast.

Agree that Neru looks extremely awkward. Girl doesn't seem to fit this concept.

15. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
  16. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Hmm I feel like the song or MV is not going anywhere. Keyakizaka song sound-a-like, the dance isn't powerful enough for MV in the studio (usually powerful dance will make people more focus on the dance rather than the surrounding area) and is it just me or neru looks so sleepy in some of the shot??

17. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    Most of the time I would get distracted by the lighting rather than focusing on the dance. And the last SakamichiAKB song had a much better impact. Like the X hands thing was repeated throughout the song but somehow it made the whole choreography memorable. Granted we didn't see the full MV yet, but the last MV/music had a much better impact on me, or maybe I was expecting too much from them?

18. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Testing the water for different center of Keyaki? [hehe] Agree with it is a carbon copy of Keyaki song hence it is better one of them centering it (Still not Zuumin :fp:), maybe the lyrics is to tame for Keyaki image so they put it here.

The lyrics...
    LoL...so much for rivalries. Pretty much Aki-P said that they are all under me :lol: On a more positive pov (with trying very hard to look so deep into it), it is a good lyrics targeting the younger audience promoting peace, tolerance and bravery to speak up.

However, seeing how people's reaction to Neru center here...I guess it will still be Techi and friends for a foreseeable future. :hehe:

19. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    It will happen. When they finally give Tecchi a break from center position, that's when Neru will step in and some Kanjis will be dropped and Hiraganas will be added.

I like the song. I like Neru. She's your typical idol and has that innocent "pure" aura that most wotas love about idols. The only thing she lacks is presence. She doesn't stand out in a group like Tecchi. Even in this video, my eyes go to Jurina, Sakura, ashurin and Zuumin. Hell, even nana has more presence in this video than Neru and she's in the short video for like what ? 5 seconds?

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

omg Neru Center !!!!!! got to pinch myself [hehe]