1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

They’re totally different tbh. Nako is more idol-y (smiley all the time, bubbly, fisher) and Miku is more “distant” to fans and less fishy. At least, that is what I think is also the reason as to why Nako used to be more popular than Miku. Even Nako looks more prettier than Miku imo. However, if Miku continues to overtake Nako, I wouldn’t be surprised if NakoMiku will be a thing of the past.

2. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    Nako is so much more popular on all SNS though. Honestly it's not even "why is she not in senbatsu" but almost "why is she not airdropped to center" level of popularity. Really don't understand what are they doing with her.

3. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Miku sells more handshake slots, her SSK placing went higher and Nako's went lower and Miku has big boobs and is doing swimsuit gravure and Nako isn't. That pretty much sums it up.

4. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    If these are your questions, then why shouldn't Miku be in senbatsu instead of Nako if one of them has to be chosen? Since you are saying both are essentially the same.

Nako has been more desirable to management than Miku for quite awhile since the beginning, it is just that now Miku is rising in popularity (her HS has more sold-out slots and her rise in ssk too), Miku is given more chances than Nako.

5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Besides if they are the same in everything what matters who gets in tho. Unless of course there is differences between them lol

6. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    yeah definitely, I didn't really mean it terms of the Nako-Miku rivalry but rather in the general picture

7. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I still can't stress how much this girl's center will benefit the group.
    AKB needs a change, a 'surprise' of some sorts, to attract peoples' attention, just like Keyakizaka's concept gaining everyone's attention once again to the idol world in its hard times.
    Putting someone like Mion or Yuiyui to center right now would be a huge mistake. A center is a group's face, the member who will be on everywhere in that single's period. Mion and Yuiyui, heck, even my kamioshi Sakura, (whom I'm frustrated bc her push is declining) are all the orthodox-type idols. Mion and Yuiyui still don't have enough public exposure. If they were placed as center, the public would react: "Oh hey, it's AKB again with another cuteface. Nothing new, nothing to be excited about."
    What the management's trying to do is to basically give an end to the obviously not working strategy of shoving cute girls into everyone's faces, naming them as 'next gen aces'. Don't get me wrong, I love the whole 'next gen ace' thing, it gives the fresh girls motivation and fighting spirit, but right now, AKB is just the repetition of the past. A new group, STU, is about to debut, and look at their concert setlist; old songs, old songs, old songs. The groups with new and different members are exciting for fans, and are very interesting once you get to know them, but for the public, they're just the 'copy&paste' of the same thing over and over again.
    If things go this way, AKB's popularity will decline more and more.
    It's not the 'cute-girl means more popularity' age anymore. The concept of idols aren't the same as when they were 7-8 years ago (although I'm sure Sashihara would be against me on this). Putting Nana; an excellent performer (both voice and performance-wise), someone who's not girly at all but is very pretty, a natural leader and hard-worker, someone who is very hard to hate, plus someone recently popular, as the center is, imo, the best decision the management has taken in the past years. Of course, I would be against if Nana was pushed as the new 'ace' of the group, because she does not completely reflect the concept of AKB's songs, she's not orthodox, and it can't be said that she best represents 'AKB-likedness' (this is an actual term used by the Japanese public), but right now, Nana's their best shot.
    I would actually love a Nana-Mako double center; Nana as the cool performer, and Mako as the lively orthodox idol, but sadly Mako's not being appreciated enough. As much as I love Mion, I don't think she's established a character for herself yet. I can't see a color in her. For Yuiyui, I think she does have potential, but she needs to grow more in order to be placed in center. Plus, Mayuyu's successor doesn't necessarily mean 'center'. 'Acchan's successor' maybe did, but Mayuyu didn't center that many songs. For Komiharu, I don't think she's the 'center' type. She would best shine somewhere next to the center, a presence just like Yukirin. And I'd like to highlight something: Annin's not just the pretty face. She is a very kind and modest girl, actually talks a lot when given the chance, is pretty good at acting, and has good public exposure. Plus, she's already got herself the 'cool beauty' character established.
    My point is, Nana was pushed for a tiny span of time, and it worked oh so well. She's also the perfect example of 'hard work pays off'. She loves AKB more than anything else, and is ready to do anything for the 48G. I'm sure she will pull the group pretty well. It would really help if us fans supported her. Because in this time now, the last thing AKB needs is civil wars. Between-member rivalries is good, and it would be the best for the next-gen ace candidates (who are not so next gen anymore) to stand up for themselves and say that they want to be the center, but, just look at everyone's reactions when Nana's name was called as center. Everyone was too happy for her. Let's be happy too.

Sorry for the long post. It's my longest in this forum I think lol. Just wanted to tell everything I felt.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Yeah....that's why. Paruru got centers cause she was interesting & cute and happened not to trip on herself on stage (Remember when they all called her Ponketsu?). Okada is there for a variety of reasons...and we'll see if this was a wise decision. It's in Japan's hands now.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Oh goodness I loved your post so much.

I think Nana is a great example of someone who can achieve Yuko-like levels of popularity without being shoved into our faces as "new and fresh" at every given opportunity. She doesn't need to center all the time, but being right beside the center already levels the lineup up. Her personality is completely different from an orthodox idol and it's interesting to look at. She can be lots of fun on stage since she has a unique energy to her. She's capable of competing for the Top without being spammed as such, and she's a natural leader. Instead of another cute long-haired baby, you have this cool woman taking the lead from time to time, injecting a whole different mood to the performance with her sole presence. I get excited just thinking about it!

10. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    @Shirase Miyuki Not agreeing everything to what you said but was an insightful and positive read :approve:

11. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    We already see the current example of 14gen three musketeers :^^;:

Not quite agree on some points, but overall a very good read :):approve:

12. SaltXcSS

SaltXcSS Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

Idk if anyone else said this... but just realized that this will be the first single since Manatsu no Sounds good! to have all active teams (except KKS) from every active 48 Group (in Japan) represented in the single senbatsu. All AKB48 teams are there, one rep from each team for SKE48, NMB48, and HKT48 (Team H gets 2), and Team NIII gets 2 also, and bonus from STU48 bc Takino Yumiko (although the members are technically kks). Title would've went to 11gatsu no Anklet but Team BII was not represented.

13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Nako would have fit this lineup better than Miku, in my opinion. But I don't get to make decisions. :/

Lucky for Hana.

14. Mayuyubro

Mayuyubro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sasakiyukari
    What does "hard work" even mean? I keep reading that but I don't know the meaning, it means more theater performances? do they clean up the theater everyday? is taking 2shots hard work? one could think almost all of them work hard but it seems you need to be under the correct circumstances in order to get labeled as a hardworker, sorry my oshi is such a lazy ass so I don't really know about this concept at all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Nako=Miku
    Nako>Hana

That's a good observation!
    This note holds more weight with 3rd draft (team event) just ending. It's important to have a team representative.

It can also mean that Rika might be transferred to Team G.

If we go even more philosophical, with Sasshi's status as the face/head of 48G, Team H's rep is actually Miku.

16. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

You're taking it the wrong way. If someone being labeled a hard worker, it doesn't mean the other member is not working hard. It just that someone is working harder than the norm.

17. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I like Naachan and i think she is one of the most important members of AKB, but I see her having a Takamina-like role rather than a center role. I hope it's just a one single thing and they switch to other girls for center position.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I think when more expectations and responsibilities are placed on a single member than on other members, and that member lives up to those expectations and doesn't shirk those responsibilities, she is considered a hard worker.
    It's not exclusive to Naachan, but she definitely falls in that category.

19. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

testing 123

20. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina