1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. GATX105

GATX105 Member

People look at it to gauge sales -- with the general theory (probably fact rather than theory) that most of the sales aren't really because people want to have a copy of the single but rather so they can go to a handshake event (especially those that buy multiple copies). And the individual handshake sales is one important measure of a member's popularity, at least within the fandom.

So handshake sales is always one of the topics of interest when there's a new single imo -- others being who's center, senbatsu, pv, costumes, etc. Oh and yeah, the actual song/music too I guess lol.

2. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    i think people might be a little surprised by the sales. i think naachan might bring in fans besides the handshake type. maybe

3. trxsh

trxsh Member

@GATX105 haha thanks for the 48 group 101 but it's not really necessary :p I know why people think its important since I've been reading threads here for a while, I just have a different opinion. I dont find it interesting apart from when someone new is rising in popularity for HS, or theres some kind of anomaly. The lists of numbers aside from that are just not that important or interesting to me *shrug*

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  4. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Isn't a bit strange that we still haven't listened the song? Usually a month to the release we get both song and MV

5. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    They might be waiting for the ruckus from the Keyaki single mv to die down a bit first. Their video on Youtube has almost 3 million views already...

6. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ^ That is plausible. But maybe they'll do it on ANN? Iirc, #SukiNanda also had been like this, they revealed the song less than a month from the release date, and they eventually revealed the full version on ANN(?).

7. GATX105

GATX105 Member

The individual numbers look similar if you're not following closely so it doesn't seem interesting and changes are usually gradual. But there are small changes here and there like great sales by Takino Yumiko and lower sales for Mion and Nakai dip continues. Another use for these totals I guess is to let you know which members you need to apply for in the first or second round and which members not to combine in one timeslot. But yah not everyone follows these things closely.

So the 1 million 1st week looks like it's going to be hard to achieve and will likely depend of the sakamichiakb composition.

8. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    I am bored. Some people mentioned Shoot Sign w/o comparing its HS sale to this :glare::
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/akb48-47th-shoot-sign-17-03-15.17676/page-36#post-1283783
    Note that in Shoot Sign, they replace 1 HS Event by a Yukata Festival. W/o that change, the number of sold out slots should have been higher.

In short, Shoot Sign HS sale drop was reasonable (but it barely made 1M first week, even with SakamichiAKB hype). This single HS sale is EXCEPTIONALY low.

Maybe she has 1 special stage slot, which is more expensive than a normal HS slot. Note that the top girls may have up to 6 special stage slots.

9. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    They better release a masterpiece if they want to break 1 million first week sales again. I am not too hopeful though based on the costume design.

10. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Well, that's what happens when an AKB48 single is going to release the IMMEDIATE week AFTER Keyakizaka46's single. But yeah, as what someone else said:

Have to wonder how this will affect sales of this (as well as Keyaki) with them releasing a week apart (not to mention this is the first single without any of the OG Kami 7 represented).

11. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Maybe they know they don't have a masterpiece and keya is taking all the attention. MAYBE they're recording a new A side song and shooting a new MV because the one that was recorded/shot was a dud? :fear:

12. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Aki-P involves in song selection for both groups (+ SakamichiAKB as well). If Keya gets a better song, simply because he wants that. I guess his order of favoritism:
    SakamichiAKB >= Keya > AKB senbatsu > Keya B-sides > STU B-side = AKB B-side > the rest.

13. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    If there was a leak of Warota People's costume design before they performed it, we would've dragged it through the mud tbh. Yet the actual song turned out to be one of the best bop I've heard from Aki- P for a while and sold more than their previous single despite them losing a lot of HS slots due to major three members departure. KFC costume was not exactly mindblowing too. The 51st single costume leak gave me headache, but costume doesn't always indicate the quality of the song.

I'm gonna keep the lashing until the full song and MV is out lol.

14. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Aki-P didn't create the bop, he only added lyrics to it.

15. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    He selects the music to go with the lyrics he has written. So in a sense, yes he did create the song. With some help. ;)

16. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    My only hope for the song is that it has a bit of pace. Too many of the songs seem to be slow methodical ballads recently (#Suki aside)

17. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Aki-P first approves the music which the staff team creates, then writes lyrics according to it. If he has two options for a sentence in the lyrics, he makes the woman whose job is to sing a sample sing both, and then decides according to it.
    I saw this in the documentary they made about him, and it's probably still the same procedure now.

18. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Ridiculous. I can select my favorite song out of a group of songs, that doesn't mean I created it. What is your favorite song on the 9th album? Oh looks like you just created it, amazing.

19. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    That is not what I said, AT ALL. :rolleyes:

20. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Selecting is not the same as creating music. A supermarket selects which products they want to sell on their shelves, but that doesn't mean they manufactured those products. K-WONDER/SAS3 composed warota people, and APAZZI arranged it.

I'd be interested to see that actually. Is it the one called "UP CLOSE! 2160 HOURS OF AKIMOTO YASUSHI~ ENTERTAINMENT DOESN'T SLEEP~"?