1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

In my opinion, if I was a new fan, I would honestly follow the 46Gs too. Especially Keyaki. One of my biggest reasoning is gravure. I don't know about you guys but I wouldn't want my friends to know that I like a group who appeals using their body even if I didn't like them for the same reason. Yes, 46Gs also do bikini shots but it's mostly in photobooks. There are plenty of times where I search up a certain 48G member in public and I have to lower my phone brightness to a minimum because 1/2 of the photos are them in a bikini. Besides, Nogi and Keyaki carries this elegant and danso/cool aura respectively, though it might not be completely true.

Of course, before y'all attack me, don't forget that I said that this is IF I was a teenage girl and a new addition to Jpop.

Just my 2 cents :)

2. GATX105

GATX105 Member

The "you" wasn't specifically for you -- meant to be "you" the reader but I guess that wouldn't have been clear with how I wrote it lol. You did say that stuff relating to HS isn't material/applicable to you or to most foreign fans. Anyway, I'm only replying to what you had posted, my replies won't necessarily correspond to your personal circumstances since I don't know what they are.

On topic -- I'm still waiting for Nakai to show up on the NGT list lol.

3. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    You are right though, AKB's image is already quite tarnished during its long history.

Sakamichi convey a much "proper" image in comparison.

4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Not everyone has the same prejudices you have.

A member sleeping with their boss or (married) gravure magazine editor isn't very proper.

5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

How they're presented to the public and the public demographic is enough for them to have the same prejudices as me

6. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Nogizaka quickly managed to sweep those scandals under the carpet though. Their reputation is excellent at the moment.

7. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Disney should collab with AKB again. I want the Okada Nana to have a lightsaber dance battle with Rey. Sugar Rush was fantastic.

8. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    not many people interesting in AKBG today especially as a music group, especially young people. I know many wotas who even don't hear any their new songs (after KFC) LOL. Just HS, PB, Magazine. AKB not at the same lvl as Nogizaka or Keyakizaka now. AKB too annoying for japanese public, even on AKBmatome fans criticize and hate them. So I think mostly fans here live in their not a real world where AKB is still on the TOP, but it's illusion. anyway I still love AKB =)

9. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    So akb sells 1m copies but the fans don't like the group? Seems legit.

10. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

I think it's more of like hardcore fans keeping the group alive at 1m copies even tho general public doesn't care much for them anymore.

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

The general public doesn't care much about Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica and those groups do just fine with their fanbases sustaining them and there's a hundred other groups you could say the same about so AKB will do just fine.

Also however good 46-groups are doing it's nowhere near how much AKB was in the public conciousness from 2010-13.

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Honestly with all the events added, maybe the Sayanee fans alone contribute to 1/10 of AKB's singles sales LOL the Sakura fans another 1/10. and so on. the general public still cares for some members though but the group stopped being trendy long ago. They still do well for a 12 years old group so it's all good. it's also a fact that 46 groups are doing better nowadays. I mean who doesn't hear about Techi or Maiyan, they're trendy. that's just how it is, and Aki-P wins!

13. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Ok, so all of you are saying AKB is death and such,
    But selling 1M being death, Nogi and Keyaki WISH.
    Also, they may be near that goal, but how long are they going to keep it.
    AKB has been doing it since Begginer
    And started being popular since RIVER (2009)
    Oh and they also started from CERO
    After 48's boom, 46 had it easy, and they're still struggling with reading 1M, cool.

so yeah, I'm fine being a fan of a ''not relevant''group that keeps being Number 1 every release they have, selling millions, and being known as a group by all Japanese citizens.

14. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    350 members AKBG = 1.1mln
    less than 40 Nogizaka members without TOP members (Maiyan, Nananase, Ikura, Sayuringo, Sakurai, Wakasama) = 1mln
    29 Keyaki girls without TOP members (Tecchi and Zummiko) = 800k+

48G except AKB A-side (very low position) never be in digital chart. Keyaki always #1, Nogizaka... well OK position, not #1.
    46G have much more gravure works than 48G. 48G don't have casual model works as Nogizaka. 48G don't have any big CM, all their
    major partners now work with Nogi like Haruyama, Baitoru. if you look at the Nanase СМ and Sassi CM for the same company at the same time(wet wipes?) on youtube Sassi have less that 10k views, Nanase have around 400k. So...

and about me. I still love thier song, I think AKB have really good songs, but not MV and now I think 46G girls more attractive. And AKB huge sembatsu very annoing me. Dance too easy but looks terrible because AKB sembatsu not really group, they are mixed of many girls who can't work together. I stop watching their live except MSte and stop downloag fullHD MV from :fear:
    But songs really GOOD! I love just to hear :flower:
    P.S. AKB managment just disgusting! WORST on the planet. they buried(Kill?) the careers of so many successful girls. I think AKBmgmnt will destroy the future of 16gen members :cold:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  15. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Who cares about general public, all you need to survive is hardcore loyal fans, akb has been selling 1 million being not relevant according to you.
    So yeah 48g still winning, just check the numbers mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. mayushimen

mayushimen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I just want to listen this single, when will the next ANN??????

17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    but NO!!!!!!!!!!! not Nogizaka not Keyakizaka not even close to AKB success if you compare all their merits, and not so popular as AKB was on their Peak of career (2011-2013).

18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Maybe the 46-group stans could go back to the 46-group threads if they want to indulge in more hagiography.

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Everyone knows 48G is not as popular in public opinion anymore and big deal? 46G will have to go through the same path in probably 3-4 years as their prominent members will be graduating out of the scene too. No one stays top forever in the entertainment world.

Just wait and see when the next trendy group rises and band wagon fans will be flocking to their side too. But remember 48G will still be there even then.

wait a minute...this is the 51st singles thread right? Woot Kanon got 1 slot sold out :1st:

20. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

PREACH! Anyway, Nogi is gonna tank once grandma mai graduates which is anytime soon now.

Amen. At least it's somewhat better than seeing all those posts about JKT.