1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 52nd [Teacher Teacher] (2018/05/30)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Kuura, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

... because she couldn’t dance.

• Like Like x 17
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

She refused to dance to that sh^t

• Disagree x 15
    • Dislike x 9
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Go stand in the corner and think what you've just said.

• Like Like x 21
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Must Be Now >>> Kamonegix imo both in song/choreo

Uza > Escape/MBN for my holy trinity of 48G EDM. Teacher Teacher is good but not quite there yet.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    OK...I've given you all time to digest the video - Now I Have an OPINION (*cue Earth Rumbles*)

I liked it's simplicity! The editing of sexy dancing w/ shots of the gals faces looking "girly" longingly & seductively & sweetly. It's a total WIN! I LOVED the close-ups of Yui Oguri (Team 8)- Sweetness. There's a lot of subliminal imagery placed here. The girls touching the Red Threads (do I cross the line?) & the gals in the wet forrest (are they Lost? Did they venture out?) there's a trope of innocent school girls caught in the rain needing "Shelter" that I've seen over the years. The gals looking back at you from a reflection in the mirror is another- ALL Classics & pretty and dare we say COST EFFECTIVE!!!

The 2nd verse was seductively sexy as well. Showcasing more of the dance. That SPINNING Mountain view effect?? WTF I don't know- but I LIKED IT! It was like a 360 View of the Dance - It could've gone a bit slower but I did see "Komonegix" performed like that once in it's early stages.

Suda Akari had a few cute smiles, Jurina & Sakura looking good. It's curious how well Yuki Kashiwagi adapted to this 'Sexier Song'- it didn't seem fake at all. She's been holding back- She might legitimately be a force in "Prod48". Mion & Komi slaying it - welcome to what AKB should been doing in 2016!

I love the hum of the electronic under-bass - It's a total SLAM dunk as a dance track. Also, like "KFC" (a few other songs) it lets the gals make their 'Faces' & sell themselves to the camera during Live Perf. They can wink, smile, pucker a kiss, do whatever because the SONG is fun & sexy. THIS is not 70's AKB or Family Sing Along AKB...this is 'Get Up & Dance' Sexy Chick on the prowl AKB48.

I've watched it like 5-6 times. I see something NEW each time. It's a Keeper. Can't wait to see how it's performed & costumes and variations...PLUS, the Girls seem to ENJOY doing it. Are there any reports of Idols who Hate or dislike performing it?? The vid is so minimalistic yet really packs the "visuals" and we can all agree it's not scantily clad & it's "Performance based' focused while also giving glamour shots to the various idols w/ those loving close-ups. EVERY gal looked like a million dollars here, there were NO Weak links! I loved Okada, Jurina, every Idol I saw gave 100% - It was like someone said "Hey, remember when AKB48 was Sexy!"

Some of you might dislike the song but as a video - THIS (as simple as it was) really checked all the boxes of what fans wanted: Performance shots (group & individual), close-ups, wide array of Non-kami 7 Idols featured, pretty outfits, non convoluted plot or themes- just enticing performances.

"Teacher Teacher" for me...is "Beginner" & "Gingham Check" level awesome. Better than "UZA"...speaking of which...

Oh she didn't REFUSE - she was Replaced...didn't you know?
    I actually LIKED "Uza"...and if you saw the Documentary "No Flower w/out rain" you'd know the behind the scenes TRUTH spoken by the Idols themselves that MAYU was one of the Original Aces for "Uza". She couldn't get the 'Dance' to the specifications of whomever so Yuko was brought in - this is why Mayu is sitting in a chair during certain scenes of the video. This video happened the Fall after "Gingham Check" but before "Eien Pressure" so Yuko was the #1 Rank & Mayu #2 so no one really thought it was weird than Yuko had a bigger role in "Uza" & just assumed she was to compliment Jurina's dancing - But Mayu was the Original Choice for Ace of "Uza" - She tried by admitted she wasn't fast enough w/ the movements

Don't Believe me? Check the Wiki:
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php/UZA
    Many people ragged on Paruru for being an even slower dancer than Mayu - hence the name calling of "Ponketsu" in 2013 before she in Senbatsu.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    • Winner x 8
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Wait, so we're actually supposed to believe the Mayu-can't-dance-Uza BS that's why we were deprived of a Mayu-Jurina centership?

Sure, I'll concede that it is the official story.

Its just that, if they really want to make someone the center a management picked senbatsu and are stubborn about it, management will make it happen. If parts of the choreo had to be adjusted, management will do so.

To be honest, I thought it was part of management's narrative for Mayu to appeal more to fans.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    Last year, Maebure was first played on May 2nd.
    This year, ?????? we haven't heard of any coupling songs yet.

9. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I’m at today’s 2-shot in Yokohama and none of the coupling songs have been played (although Teacher Teacher has been played a few times).

10. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Thanks for the info, to bad. Finally some new team songs:banana:

11. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Mayu actually wanted to center UZA tho.
    Imo the center should have been Tomochin and Yuko cuz they looked best dancing to it.

Also, Im ok with TT b sides not being shown yet. Last year waiting for the release was pain since I loved all B sides. There is enough time to show them.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Take note that the Yuko:d and Mayu's part in UZA were not much different in terms of difficulty.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. jan ken pon

jan ken pon Kenkyuusei

Perhaps not, but it's way more important for the center(s) to dance it well. If her execution wasn't up to standard to center the song then it's only a problem if she was actually center. I'm sure she was good enough to perform beside Jurina and Yuko, but I totally believe the story shown in the doc of her not being able to center Uza well enough and getting replaced by Yuko. Makes perfect sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 10
  14. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

ok im surprised by the number of people who thought i was being serious... i thought i was famous for being a bearer of alternative facts here! Soredemo, I'm not joking when I say I hate UZA . And yes I posted that even though I knew I was gonna get 20 new dislikes because of it, I'm really braver than the US marines.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

Too bad the funny-rating no longer exists, I would've hit you with that lol :p

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Must be now is a great song instrumental wise, but the problem I have with it is the vocal arrangement. It was quite flat and monotone for me. Adding effects to Sayanee's vocals should be a criminalized honestly.

On the topic of Mayu and UZA, Mayu is really not as weak dancer as they made her out to be. I definitely think it was scripted for the sake of the documentary. She has danced to harder songs than UZA before and didnt show indications of being so clumsy and bad. In the end she was still front member so that whole drama was quite pointless.
    The real problem was not including Akimoto Sayaka, but thats a topic for another day.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 4
  17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No, you're famous for being a troll and getting banned every now and then. :blush:

It's been 6 years

if the video does not show watch the video here

ANYWAY

I need details on the b-sides.
    First team songs in 2 years! Eitos everywhere!
    The Center Exam senbatsu with a Miion center and Annin!
    :inlove:

I wonder if they'll follow the center announcement in the Jabaja concerts.

Team A: Mukaichi Mion
    Team K: Kojima Mako
    Team B: Fukuoka Seina
    Team 4: Yamauchi Mizuki

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. mayushimen

mayushimen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    i think we really can put Teacher Teacher at Kamonegix/UZA/Must be Now level.

in my opinion, if this song were released 5/6 years ago, the same song but w/ some 1st gen girls, I bet it would be considered the best (or top3) EDM songs of 48Group. [hehe]

people just underestimate this gen.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That would depend on whether one considered EDM to be good or boring and shit.

20. MyaoOshi1

MyaoOshi1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    Which member though?