1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 53rd [Sentimental Train] (2018/09/19)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No, that's why I wrote:

And I never said you were the one saying Is it just me...? That was the user I initially quoted.

lmao bye

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Old Old x 1
  2. neobanana48

neobanana48 Kenkyuusei

Ah, forgot to say that I know many people realized the first part (sentimental train sounds like nogi song). but did you also realize the second part of my post (nogi 21st single sounds AKBish, with some suki nanda and others like music+dance if i heard it correctly)?
    Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

• Old Old x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yes, the Nogi sounds like AKB comparison has also been made in their thread.

Probably just AkiP trolling us thinking Wotas will buy anything as long as it's labelled 48/46 and diss the other side even though they sound the same.

4. algae27

algae27 Kenkyuusei

lol I would love for it to be true. He's been in this business for a long time, there's bound to be some amount of trolling that goes inside his head from time to time

5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Reports regarding the center absent issue:

- Basically there is an article writer reporting that the single will be released as it is without Jurina. http://entamega.com/10262

- Then a Jurina fan went to Yuasa's room to ask about this and the person said Yuasa denied that writer's report saying it is the writer who wrote that in by him or herself. The single will not be released without Jurina. https://twitter.com/s58883333/status/1020599639156768769
    Dinl8_eUYAAqPNA.jpg

- The fan then went on reporting that if in the case that Jurina does not make it time, the single will be forced to release. (This contradicts the first point) And he added if Jurina makes it back in time then they will actually reshoot the whole MV. Even to the point AFTER the release.

(Due to the fan who visited the manager room is a Taiwan guy who typed in Japanese and there are some confusion on the words he used and made things complicated.)

There are also info about regarding Jurina's return in this report:

Q. Is there anything planned on behalf of appreciation event (for Jurina)?
    A. No. But Yuasa wants to throw a Seitansai and parade for her. Nothing else is planned so far.

Q. Is there time schedule for Jurina's return?
    A. No. Yuasa said if they announced she will be back in a week then it will instead give her pressure so no comment on that.

Q. What can Jurina fans do for now?
    A. Just wait patiently and enjoy themselves with SKE. Make it a nice place for Jurina to return to. And don't trust any rumors on the internet besides official announcements.

This is my interpretation of the situation so far, feel free to correct info.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 13
  6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

So... worst case scenario:

- The single is released on September 19th without Jurina.
    - Whenever Jurina comes back, they record and film the song again (and add it to the next single/album?)

I guess it can't be helped when it comes to health stuff, but damn.

Even if the song/PV is added to a later release, Jurina will have lost all the promo for this single, which is the one she won the SSK for.
    Hopefully it'll be the song they'll parade around during the Christmas shows.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    If management deals with it this way, they could give Sakura and Akarin the W-Center. Then next single will be Jurina's one... or at least make Sentimental Train a B-Side.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

That train might be sentimental, but it stops for no one.

They are basically promoting this as a Sakura-Dasu W-center anyway, acknowledging that Jurina is absent from her position.

I don't think she'll get another AKB center if she doesn't win it in the SSK. The next-gen machinery just has to keep going.
    And while it sucks that she's missed part of the promo (let's be hopeful that she'll be back for the release), it would be unfair for other girls who need the push.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I feel bad for jurina. Girl waited no 1 for years, other girls had to sit out or graduate for her to win. When she finally did, this happened. Welp.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    That won't happen. Ever

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    More I look at the perform, more I like SakuDasu wcenter. I wish they really patent this center position event in the MV. Just put out Jurina from this single for the shake and make her to be the center in the next single (or give her a solo single or whatever) for the solution. I think Jurina's fans will actually fine with that condition.

• Dislike Dislike x 15
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. parubably

parubably Kenkyuusei

they can pull J out of the dance shots but still have her solo shots but that’s if her condition is even good enough to do that
    if not they can just get the other girls on a train and watch a collection of J’s journey from the train, kind of boring but at least it’s better than nothing

13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Sounds less boring than Hajimete no Drive.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  14. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The thing about the SSK single is that it isn't just about the center, but also about all the other girls in senbatsu.

Not only fans did their best to put Jurina at 1st, but they also did their best to put Dasu at 2nd, Naachan at 4th, Tomu at 7th, etc.
    And management has to respect those ranks.

Even if they want to give Jurina the center because she's their golden child, do you think they'd miss a chance to snub Tomu? To push Naachan and Dasu to the second row? To drop Sally, Nao and Minarun? To put Yukirin, Sasshi and Sayanee back at the very front?

So, I feel like it's either the very same senbatsu (which I think hasn't happened since Beginner - Sakura no Ki ni Narou) or it would be unfair *gasp*.

If it really comes to the worst, I'm down for them to re-record the song and re-film the PV and maybe give another song to this senbatsu or something, but giving another center to Jurina when you have Yuiyui, Miion, Naachan and so on... I just don't see it.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    They don't have to make Jurina dance or anything as long as she's "there" you know? I wonder if she would make it on time for any type of recording whatsoever... it just doesn't sit well with me that she can't participate at all in the only single that she's been waiting for years. I hope she makes it, even if it's just to make her dreamily stare at the horizon as she lipsyncs her lines on a train... at this point anything will be good!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. ColorfulMonsters48

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    My intention was that Jurina gets the next Center. I don't care if the Senbatsu is an other, because the rest from Dasu to Akarin are shining. I wouldn't like if management have threated Jurina like a second choice.... just because she is ill after 10 years of overworking her... and grabbing all the money of her wotas...

A double A-Side is also a possible chance to fix this mess

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  17. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The idea that Jurina fans who waited 10 years and spent 190k votes worth of money this year alone would just take Jurina being subbed out for SSK single lying down is hilarious. And no, 'making it up' to her by giving her the next single is not 'okay'. Not to mention promoting what should have been Jurina's crowning achievement as a Dasu-Sakura Wcenter instead is an especially bad notion considering Sakura and her fans aren't exactly popular amongst the Jurina fanbase right now. Finally handing over the next single center to Jurina will piss off a lot of other girls' fans thinking their oshis got robbed of yet another opportunity by management's favourite.

The best move for management would be to put the brakes on their money-printing train for just one second and wait for J to recover and delay the release. Failing that, maybe release the CDs with a version of the song without Jurina's vocals recorded in and no MV but some sort of download codes/coupons to redeem for the full version and MV release once it's ready.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I saw a post with BNK Music currently in Japan. So, I assume the MV shooting for most songs is around the corner.
    However the condition with J's absence is quite intricate. We'll see how they navigate through it. I think they will shoot part of the MV later once she come back.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ColorfulMonsters48

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Yeah, but management didn't delay the release and promotion. And Jurina haven't snatched any single of anybody yet. If she gets her chance to promote a single next time, she doesn't steal anything. Her line-up could be winged by Yuiyui, Miion, Juri, Naachan and many more future Senbatsu locks.

Worst threatment of single promotion I had experienced since Chance no Junban was released.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  20. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I know its a bit off topic, but hey, she's the center of the A-side so still relevant, just want to ask:

Again, what in the world is Jurina's illness??? What illness, other than one that requires an operation, or a broken bone, would take two to three months or more of recovery???

It really is a scary time for Jurina fans right now.

For now, if and when Jurina comes back, I'm a bit confident management would make up for everything she missed. She's still a favored member after all.