1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 53rd [Sentimental Train] (2018/09/19)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 16, 2018.

1. C_chan

C_chan Kenkyuusei

Well, the mv wasn't that bad for me, it hit me a bit harder to see Jurina wasn't there... But they needed to release it and this wasn't that bad, I think it would have been worse if they replace her with another girl.
    I agree the screentime between Sakura and Dasu wasn't fair... But whats new...
    I liked the outfits, I think they looked really pretty, specially Ogiyuka in the few seconds she got.
    I was happy about Tomu screentime but kinda forgot Akarin even ranked, Is there any shots of her?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    I find the mv to be pretty enough for my taste. Naachan, Nako, Yui, Tomu, and pretty much everyone look amazing :cute:, and the awful cgi Jurina actually makes sense since is just a placeholder, i think they made it clearly enough so we understand this is not the final mv and that we'll only get the final version once Jurina comes back. About the song... not into it but not really a negative in my book, i can enjoy it along with the mv.

About the Sakura/Dasu thing... yeah is not the first time something like this happens, we also have Sasshi/Mayu from last year and while i think that it sucks and that it doesn't make sense i also don't really care, but remember Dasu fans if you really want to show AKS who is the boss you need to buy millions of copies of their next ssk single, that will teach them a lesson ;)

tl;dr I liked it, and can't wait to see the "True" version :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I definitely saw Yoshida Akari there, and screentime wise, acceptable for her rank.

I love the uniform as well. I like how the color is almost similar to SKE's color. Would have been better if they used the actual shade of yellow.

On my first rewatch, I saw NakoMiku. I must say, aside from the blatant disrespect to Suda's rank, all the rest generally, more or less, got fair amount of screentime based on their rank.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Me while watching the full MV, but realized that Jurina is replaced by the sketches:
    IMG_20180721_070228-1-290x300.jpg

Speaking about the 2nd uniform in the MV, it reminds me with LOONA yyxy :fear: But, it made the single more to be actual AKB single than Sayonara no imi 3.0

Overall, it's okay single. The song is decent (definitely better than JBJ and TT), and I wish there's the true version (with Jurina, of course)

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Agito

Agito Kenkyuusei

I've been out of the loop for a bit, what happened to Jurina? why is she sick?

6. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

They may have a few songs ready, some plot ideas for the MV, even the choreography but that's all.

7. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Her working nonstop for the past ten years finally caught up to her.

I really enjoyed this PV, especially since it felt like Jurina was some sort of imaginary figure that brought comfort to the girls. The song is nice too but felt very long.
    Honestly, if I had no idea of SSK rankings, I would've thought Sakura was #2, Dasu was #3, Tomu was #4, Juri was #6, and Ogiyuka didn't make Kami 7.
    Also those dance scenes and outfits really reminded me of "Kaisoku to Doutai Shiryoku" from Heart Ereki. Could've been a bit symbolic if Dasu was #1 since she also Centered that with Renacchi.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Anyway, no radio-ripped version of Sentimental Train and the B-side songs?

9. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I love the MV. Definitely sentimental. I enjoyed it very much! It was lovely, beautiful. If I don't pay much attention to it being a ssk single, I would have loved it sooo mucchh. I mean, even if they were building up the JuriSaku hype, Dasu beat Sakura, the two should've switched places in the MV. But nevertheless, I still enjoyed the storyline. This would've made a great post-ssk single, then we can go back to JuriSaku hype and I'm loving the amount of screentime AKB girls had.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    I think the fact that they have to remind us that Jurina isn't there almost everytime and the crappy 3D model or CGI whatever it is called was the bad part of the PV.

It should be a few pages back because it was played on ANN last night.

11. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    i liked it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. charm

charm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    It hit me right in the gut seeing all the Jurina shots replaced by drawings.
    And about the Sakura and Dasu, I agree they should swap their roles.
    (But honestly the cgi was...uh)
    Side note: The drawings of Jurina was really pretty!

13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Here You Go :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Honestly I stopped searching deeply into the production logic a long time ago.
    Too many shafted members, too many supposed meanings.
    I'm best at not expecting too much and avoiding being disapointed.

On the other side, I'm relieved Tomu did not recieve her usual treatment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. ritto2908

ritto2908 Member

Oshimen:
    Umezawa Minami
    It is kind of reminding me of Sayonara no imi as both centers disappeared without a trace in the end. Well, it was Nanamin's graduation singles so it does make a difference. Btw, Sketch-chan and Subtitle-chan shine throughout the MV. Dasu is no.2 and I only see her in a few frames.

Edit: Tomu gets a lot of screentime. Is it a miracle?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    What a terrible!!!

Dasu is 2nd but she got nothing!

I'm not her oshi but still it's a horrible decision from management. She should be moderator for the MV film.

I'm glad Tomu got more screentime. She's more like no. 2 after Sakura.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    I Love the covers! Really sentimental[hehe]
    Nethertheless PV is the normal idol song, I think could have been better:fear:

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    has anyone noticed.. only the top 6 (NOT KAMI 7) get the "solo" covers? Minus Jurina...

Those Shady apes really don't wanna give Tomu any spotlight at all.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    My rate:

Song: 7/10
    (I really love SayoImi, and this song is the sequel song).

MV: 5/10
    (bad CGI, it's didn't even look like Jurina, bad screentime distribution esp Dasu, the dance scene is well)

Choreo: 7/10
    (much better than the ori-song (SayoImi))

After all this song is good. Hope there's a good B-side song like Kondokoso Ecstasy.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. makimaki93

makimaki93 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I guess after the success that was rotation mountain from TT, the CG team thought they were apt enough to CG Jurina? I’m wondering why they just didnt /not/ do the dance shot yet, do the dance scenes with Jurina (when she’s better) and then just edit in the complete dance scenes in the complete Jurina version. It’s not like we’ve been crying for dance scenes lately.

“Must show dance!” I guess? I get the sentiment (aye), but jeez man...CG-J does not do J justice at all. On another note, I hope Jurina and CG-rina do a two shot for next year’s SSK poster.

To jump on the train (more puns) #Justice4Dasu #DasuRobbed #ByRussians?? #SakuraIsPutin #CheckHerEmails!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1