1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 53rd [Sentimental Train] (2018/09/19)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Elysion48

Elysion48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    Really don't like this Mv... we know that prod want to put Sakura center of produce48. But I'm just enough to see her every where on this Mv.
    Dasu is not the second ?

Ps: need more screen for nana she convey a atypical way. Love her charm

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. lunakitten

lunakitten Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I thought this was a really nice way to release the MV without Jurina. I really like the MV and my opinion on the song has got better. My one complaint would be to switch Dasu and Sakura.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    It's alright, but last years UG's song was way better.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. All Nippon Airways

All Nippon Airways Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    just try to read MOST UNDERLINED comment in this MV.. thanks google translate!.
    1. Some Japanese non-fans still spit off because SSK tragedy towards Jurina to Sakura in TV, so they blame jurina in various ways.
    2. Some Inter/J-fans non-Sakura side, still.. they look justice for Dasu
    3. Some newbie, i bet they're PD48 stan, and they looking for Sakura, Nako, Juri. and confused about tragedy behind this MV was made.
    CMIIW ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Reading all these comments I got my pitchfork ready to join in on the bash train.

After watching the MV I don’t care about anything else anymore... I just want Jurina back. The incomplete drawings, texts and CGs hurt my heart so much.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pamyurin

Pamyurin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    Next girls song <3

if the video does not show watch the video here

7. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

I hate the contact lenses in the covers

PV is lovely even though it’s different from the usual upbeat SSK singles. The sims and drawings didn’t bother me, they make the PV seem somewhat original and it’s better than ignoring Jurina completely or pretending she doesn’t exist.

8. Yua

Yua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    I love the UG song! NG is very...forgettable? I can barely remember how it goes, even after looping it for a while last night.

Ryoha and Seichan seem to be the first (that I've seen) to show the UG outfits: https://mobile.twitter.com/seina_fuku48/status/1032410641112301573

Sentimental Train is a beautiful song, but that PV = :shocku:

• Like Like x 3
  9. sakusakukamen

sakusakukamen Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Next Girls song is so generic. Too bad, the only kami-song for next girls is Kondokoso Ecstasy. After that, Aki-P doesn't even care the Next Girls sake...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

This is shaping up to make a bid for my least favorite AKB single of all time.

MV: We Precure now! CG Jurina is uncanny valley territory. Alas, Sentimental Train doesn't have enough hook to be an instant grower like most AKB A-sides. But the worst part is how Dasu got shoved out of the way to make more room for Sakura...as expected.

Covers: Are actually very nice.

B-sides: I really hope the unrevealed ones sound more interesting, the two we've got so far are -_-zzzz

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. qadri08

qadri08 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Bastet

Bastet Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I actually like the song and the MV (minus the terrible CG). It has a nostalgic feel to it. I also prefer the yellow uniforms better than those blue poorly tailored dresses they used in the previous performances

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Shoka

Shoka Kenkyuusei

Strangely I think the MV story actually works without Jurina. Like she is supposed to be the mysterious transfer student with a fleeting existence. It's actually fitting. And the whole thing about leaving and coming back someday... it's actually a bit too fitting..... *tinfoil hat*

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    oh the next girls song is pretty bad lol. Makes the UG's song seem so much better by comparison now lol. Out of the 3 we have heard I only really like the A-side.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I just listened to NG song and wow, Aki-P actually green-lighted that? It's one of the most forgettable song I've ever listened to. Miss Cher didn't gather her Thai armies for that and poor PD48 Reaction Queen, she deserves a better center song. UG song is not that bad tbh, at least the instrumental is somewhat memorable to me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I think this was a pretty creative way to handle Jurina's absence. Yeah, Sakura and Dasu's parts should have been switched, but overall I think they did a good job making the best of a bad situation (Jurina's absence)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I'd suggest them to hire Andrew Thomas Huang if they wanna make another CGI MV.

My favorite artwork of him.

Maybe some of you would think that MVs by Huang are dark. Anyone can suggest any other CGI director that has brighter vibes?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  18. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Dasu and Sakura part should be switched, yes. But Dasu's interaction with "Jurina" should not.

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. rmn89

rmn89 Member

could it be that the yellow outfit is because its SKE centered song? afterall its their signature color.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. nad148

nad148 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    oh noo i'm cried after watching that MV it just makes me so sad to know that Jurina so sick that she couldn't even be there, can't wait for the fixed MV..
    i'm soooo happy though for Tomu screen time! yeaay finally!!
    the song started to grow on me, i liked it a lot better now than i first listen to it, it's quite a good song..

bout the whole sakura/Dasu screen time.. i agree that Dasu should get more than Sakura, but come on it's nothing new, in management's mind it's always Sakura>>>>Dasu and considering this is supposedly sakura's last election single, they just decided to go for it, despite dasu is 2nd and sakura is 3rd.. so i'm not suprised.. but still, Dasu's fans, have the right to get angry at management