Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Outdoor venues will never happen ever again.
    This year (and it's no rocket science to assume the years to come) it is mandatory.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Nah, just don't make it in Typhoon season. Look at all those fun idol and music festivals in the summer.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I agree fanclubs are a good way - but only because the initial cost is 1500 yen, so there's no possibility to game the system. Not sure if that qualifies as a cheap way. It of course becomes one with time (still more expensive than mobame though).

4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Which is quite a risk and the mods have already said they're no fans of voting campaigns. Sure, there is Sakuraism but that's just one guy that is considered reliable and not everyone knows he exists, and I can imagine there are people who feel uncomfortable buying "second-hand" votes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    He ain't the only one.....

6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    All in Hokkaido early february for 2020 election

if the video does not show watch the video here
    :awesome:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Damn rice farmers are strong [hehe]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    For those who don't know the rules, there is a thread for that, written by the mods. Note that selling a code that you vote yourself is allowed; a campaign where you send your money into a black hole is not.

"the only type of SSK vote related sales that will be allowed on this site will be the selling of codes. To be more specific, that means the seller pays money and receives an actual code to use however they wish. Any other method of vote sales will not be permitted ANYWHERE on this forum.

This means "voting pools" will not be permitted on this forum.
    This means selling votes for specific members, and the seller/host/representative makes the vote on the buyer's behalf will not be permitted.

The ONLY permitted method will be:
    1) Buyer pays money
    2) Buyer receives an unused code from seller
    3) Buyer personally uses the code."

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...tes-for-this-years-ssk-forum-shop-rule.14776/

P.S. One seller of codes is our administrator. :)

P.P.S. You can find other sellers in the Stage48 Shop, which is the place for buying and selling.

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?forums/the-stage48-shop.15/

9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Well, he is the only one I know of and that proves my point further. True, I could dig deeper and find other reliable sellers, but as I said, there's always risk involved and not a lot of overseas fans (at least the more casual ones) would be willing to go through that effort. Instead of always just saying "no you're wrong" to everything I say, you could instead be helpful and offer different suggestions. And my other point still stands; a lot of people are unwilling to buy votes through proxy-servers, either because it's more expensive or because they don't know if the seller is trustworthy.

Japan has a big music market but I think it's justified to be a bit put off by how difficult they seem to be making it for overseas fans to support them. Not just with SSK, but buying CDs is hard and expensive, mobame hasn't been available for ages (and now there's still most of the SG missing), AKB48 Group Shop doesn't ship internationally...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, I understood the whole venue thing as that from now on, they will only do it in places with a roof.

Okinawa was still a gamble because it is such a remote area, the rain was just a kick in the face.

I can see next year being in some venue in Hiroshima (STU), 2020 in Tokyo (Seibu or Tokyo Dome) because of the Olympics and 2021 in Kyocera because of NMB's 10th anniversary.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I've bought votes here from several different people, I've bought votes on Ebay and Yahoo Auctions over the last 6 years and never been screwed (maybe I've been lucky or maybe I've used good judgement to assess the risk, I'm not someone who throws money away). There's risk every time you do anything but you are overstating the risk imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  14. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm not saying it's dangerous or anything, I'm just saying it's a risk I'm not willing to take. And that's me personally. And I can imagine there are some other people who don't feel like doing it. It would be more convenient if we could just buy votes the same way Japanese fans do, like with mobame and other subscription services that we also pay for.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    But I did, on discord. Where you asked for opinions and advise. Which you clearly rejected. That's fine. It is your money, so it's your prerogative. I have no issue with that.

But when I saw your post here earlier, just a few days after our exchange over there. I decided to be a bit cheeky. Instead of saying the same things twice. Also because certain types of campaigns are not allowed to be recommended here, even though I have always clearly stated the risks and my preference that buyers purchase the codes and input them personally. It was meant to be a joke, while also hinting that you should check the shop subforum again. Less than 30 secs would have found you another trustworthy source. Instead, you tried to lambast. That I take issue with. :whistle:

Yes. It sucks that we, as foreign fans, have to jump through hoops and take risks our counterparts in Japan don't. Hell, even I derided AKS for calling this a "World Senbatsu Sousenkyo" while really not making it any easier for foreign fans to vote. However it really is not as hard as you make out. My first year voting I was able to secure vote codes easily on my own. With no help from any other fan, here or elsewhere (never been burned either). And it has only gotten easier and, in many cases cheaper, since then. You either take a small risk for cheaper votes, or you take no risk and buy the damn CDs at a premium (read:shipping costs). That's the cards you are dealt. You have to play them if you want to help your girls. Good luck out there.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  16. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't remember asking for advice, unless you're confusing me with someone else. I was referring to the joke I made with "Ariana Grande saved the western music industry" and you replied with "no."

I have to admit, I didn't actually expect anyone to help me nor do I need anyone to help me. I don't consider myself a very intense hardcore fan, and I'm fine with the one vote I get from having bought the single. Obviously you agree that the voting system sucks for overseas fans, and that was all I was getting at.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think if one really wants to vote, then you just have to work with these little inconveniences. Also, you just need one reliable seller since you can buy everything from that seller although all the known sellers are pretty trustworthy and reliable. If not then there’s the cd option. It might also be better to just figure out the total amount you want to spend and not worry about how many votes you’re able to buy or how much votes cost for other people.

If you don’t want to spend for voting, that’s fine too. Imo there’s always a good reason not to spend/vote if you don’t really want to vote and convincing or reasoning from others will do very little to change that mindset.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

Voting feels amazing man
    It's expensive but when you see your girl ranking is the best reward
    I didn't like Mio crying after I spent 9 votes on her, but sometimes it's not as expected

19. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    That's the point. Even if it's hard to vote as a foreigner, there is no reason to tell others that it is next to impossible. We should be encouraging participation, not discouraging it.

P.S. PayPal (US) raised its fees earlier this month. Now that is something to get upset about!

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls