Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    I think that was only for Kaigai members (Harugon, Chikarina, Mariyannu, Sae).

I reckon for this Senbatsu, fans of international SG will focus on one girl from each group to push as high as they can. Sure, they can always have a bunch of members scattered amongst the lower ranks, but being able to push that member of each group (Shani for JKT? Music and/or Cherprang for BNK?) as high as they can would be more effective imo.

2. Helliezza

Helliezza Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    the previous SSK wasn't taken seriously by some fans from my personal standpoint, but this time im pretty sure fans will try to make 1 or 2 members make it to the ranking.

3. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Honestly, to make it a legit ~world/global~ sousenkyo, they should make a special unit (top 16/20) for International SG members with most votes, instead of just expanding it to top 100 along with the Japanese members.

4. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    i have used paypal on a few japanese websites to buy things.

5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    It was half of a joke. Niconico allows PayPal.

But 4846G official merchandises never uses PayPal.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

6. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I'm wondering what the foreign group girls can really gain in participating in this honestly ?
    It's not like japanese wota will have a sudden interest in them.
    Izurina and Abemaru never ranked and I doubt they will.
    Ohkubo maybe ?

7. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    ^ It's a 10th year anniversary gimmick thing for SSK. There should be not much to be expected out of this tbh.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

8. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Free trip to Japan? :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Oh please AKS, let me apply !! :rofl:

10. trxsh

trxsh Member

It's probably also a way for Aki-P to show his international chops leading up to Tokyo 2020, as he's on the Olympics organising committee exec board.

11. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    Sh!t, it happens when queen Melody Laksani about to graduate. :gavel:

12. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Normally, JKT has their own SSK with their own voting single. Now, their fans, particularly fans of the top members, will buy AKB single to vote for AKB election instead. AKB election is much more expensive and competitive, it will drain their pocket. If you are JKT manager, will you still organize JKT election and release its voting single? Even yes, the sale will drop hard and the hype will be down a lot. Unless Indonesians know AKB World Senbatsu Sousenkyo is a trap and ignore it.

13. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    If they only need the codes, there is no need to ship the CDs.

14. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Obviously the local management will have some outlet of voting whether pre-ordering the single or just selling the voting tickets.

15. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I see this world initiative like an upfront escape. Instead of creating powerhouse like Yuko or Mayu in the past, they keep bracing as large as possible to compensate very popular members with quantity.

But mass participants don't bring advertisement contract, TV show collaboration, or wide audience appeal. Even though management wants to create a "world sousenkyo", they distill sousenkyo taste at the same time. Since TV ratings hugely depends on heat rivalry like Yuko/Sasshi, Mayu/Sasshi, Acchan/Yuko, Fuji TV might even cancel sousenkyo in prime time.

One thing we can't take away from them, is the effort to make it a AKB centered push (okada nana, oguri yui) which is an improvement from past years.
    I'm gonna listen to sousenkyo like a radio on the background.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Ok then I guess they'll need to hire someone in Indonesia to do this or to fly there. lmfao. Imagine putting in so much effort.

They finally get an original song? They have everything to gain. The fans are the ones who lose. lol

17. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Just like there is a proxy service or a support campaign in Japan for international fans, there will also be similar help from the Indonesia-based fans. International fans put so much effort too in the Japanese ssk. Like, the chinese fans, etc.

And unless you count New Ship as a JKT48-original song, even if overseas group member rank, it will still be an AKB48 song. The girls might get to participate in the song, but it will not be her group's song.

But then again this is only hypothetical. Most likely it will simply be regular methods of voting. And then the overseas group won't do that great in it. JKT48 ssk votes are cheap (didn't they also have sms-based voting methods?) and someone has calculated how their voting power and vote prices will translate to AKB48 vote numbers. BNK48 has just started and it can't be determined yet because they haven't hold their ssk so far. Unless their KFC success is remarkably good that they have gained droves of fans who'd spend money to vote for their oshi. TPE48... they barely just started and don't have anything much on their name.

Edit: But it would be nice if they give a group an original song if they met a certain criteria.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  18. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    It also depends on whether the international SG members want to join this SSK tbh. If a large number of them do, then mgmt may try to create voting methods for their fans. If the number is dismal, then mgmt’s plan backfires and this SSK looks bad even before it starts

19. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

By they I obviously meant the ranking girls and not JKT/BGK/KBG. Please try and read before nitpicking.

20. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I see. I stand corrected.

But yeah, the girls would need the whole group's fans so she can rank well.

Oh how about, if for example an overseas group girl was able to rank in, then the song she get to participate in will be made as her group's next release a-side? So then, Aki-P should make a great song suitable as an a-side. I think that's a good motivation for fans to have. Might not be 100% original, at least it's newest and might have the group image in mind when produced.