1. Results for our 11th Annual Stage48 Member Ranking are being revealed! Click here to see it and check how your oshimen did! Updated daily.

Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    So what about last year with Sasshi’s promise?

2. Kiri

Kiri Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    To dance on a concert wearing a bikini i think? She did it on the Kanto tour.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  3. half23

half23 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    didnt work on ranran

4. Aka

Aka Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi Nagisa
    Some didn't reach their proclaimed goal, but are more than happy with what they got since they just wanted to rank up.

Is that so?

022.jpg

And neither on Sumire. But did they ever care?

5. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    It's Official - the KNETS are already devouring the Sakura vs Jurina flame war....and Knetz LIVE for this kind of drama - no really.

AsianJunkie.com has collected News, Videos, 1st hand accounts, & even the OMMITTED 1st version of Jurina's apology?? complete w/ Korean & Japanese fan reactions!! Translated into English...It's already Loose in Korea - there's NO Spin & Saving face - THIS is what the Koreans will think of when they see AKB48....and MNET is gonna Love It.

http://www.asianjunkie.com/2018/06/...drama-stemming-from-recent-senbatsu-election/

I'm only posting this because its an outsiders Timeline view - THIS is how the election & the Flame War looks to potential voters who are confused about AKB48's election. I'd say it's still 50 - 50

• Dislike Dislike x 9
  6. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I thought it was for an idol concert like she once held

7. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I don't particularly care for AsianJunkie. The writers there have never seemed to me like they understood much outside of the K-pop context and in my opinion don't always seem to have a good grasp of that either. But, I can't recommend any K-pop news sites that are any better.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    That's it. We gave you guys enough time to pick at each other. We are no longer putting up with the trolling and the flamebaiting. It ends here.

Keep it civil, or there will be consequences. If we detect people purposely trying to troll the threads, they will be removed. BTW...

Izuka Tengu - Forum Ban. We aren't going to keep warning you for the same bad behavior over and over.

KamonegiX - Thread Ban 14 days. If you don't want to read someone's posts, then don't bother with your snarky responses.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. dutchie

dutchie Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Right of the bat they start with a clip from AKB Daily ... you know the "Jurina go to hell" guy... kinda lost credibility right there

• Like Like x 9
    • Old Old x 3
  10. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Honestly I think soompi is unbiased but then again I never check Kpop sites. It seems like only asianjunkie cares about that news(so far) since I haven't really seen it anywhere else(except other forums).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

last time I was active there AJ sure did not like me, always getting baited and replying to my comments when I wasn't even trying her.

all she does is hark on kpop, and then tries to act like she's better. it's funny, but lately that site has become a feminist festival.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. sakurappu

sakurappu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    The only unbiased K-pop news site is @theseoulstory lol. Almost of K-pop news sites are really biased -even Soompi, who seems to be the least biased news portal, is actually biased to Big 3, BTS, and some actors. Speaking about AJ, is she biased to Dreamcatcher?

Anyway, back to the topic, I can't believe the thread went from anti-Sakura thread, then anti-Jurina thread, AKB emergencg meeting thread, private SNS thread, no-bikini-themed mizugi surprise thread, and it became AJ thread :fear:

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. onego123

onego123 Kenkyuusei

1. AJ is a man
    1.5. He does like Dreamcatcher
    2. While he enjoys kpop, and jpop he, and most of the people that use his site, don't take the drama that seriously or to heart like (heavily invested) fans do. Read the comments on that article. For the most part they just like to sit back and watch the fandoms (in this case us) go at each other, or people over react to some stupid, petty stuff.
    @dutchie I could see you being upset about him sharing that AKB48 Daily post if that clip, or the caption had any kind of bias in it, but to someone who doesn't follow AKBD (which most of his readers don't) it means nothing.
    I think you're over reacting. The tweets that he shared barely have any likes or retweets, and are from just 1 person. I don't think anyone has mentioned this is the thread yet, but Kpop in Korea is considered "childrens music". The average everyday Korean does not listen to it unless they're in middle or high school.

TL;DR chill

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

sorry only remember him acting like a bitch like most of the little kpop fan girls online

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  15. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    So it's like Idol Music in Japan then. It's a nice collected timeline of the entire weekends events played on Social Media - like a little time capsule.

A Lot of AJ's stuff is "Tongue & Cheek" & they kinda mildly goof on everyone. Plus, you gotta admit it's amusing to read the comments & hear people who know even less about AKB act like they "know something"- lol. It's like a snap-poll w/ NO Filter. I'm not actually trying to promote PROD48 but it's part of the "Eco-System" of AKS now (for the Summer anyway) so it's going to effect how people view the 53rd single (like the MV recording, ect). It's making AKB very "Interesting" to Knetz who never gave AKB a try.

AKI-P was shown in a few segments judging girls (When do we get to see him in the middle of his process?). He probably LOVES the Attention & click-bait all this is giving AKB48. For the next 2 months what can AKB do but prep for the 53rd single...now, every week there's potential for Top AKB girls to go Viral (as the show is shown in Japan & Korea)- AKI-P wasn't stupid signing up for this. Now we have a WHOLE Summer of Excitement - AKB hasn't been This "Interesting" since Sasshi won in 2013 & they released "KFC".

It's all about the 'clicks' & viral trends I suppose.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. dutchie

dutchie Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I watched that clip and it's obviously edited to cater to a certain narrative, namely that there was some kind of 'massive falling out' between Jurina and Sakura (hence the slow motion otherwise it would be a 'if you blink you would miss it' kind of thing)
    and the rest of the AJ article is just fanning the flames, but that's just my interpretation.
    (and yeah, click baiting)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SineCos

SineCos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I don’t know what with that problem. I just really happy to see Cherprang and Music fullfill their fangirls dream just funny they are LOL:awesome:

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. GATX105

GATX105 Kenkyuusei

I think management is actually benefiting from this juri v saku thing that unexpectedly came up. I mean J was a heavy favorite after all but I think the high number of votes for both sides and all these other unexpected "bonuses" is a surprise for management.

Next thing to do is sakura center for the 54th single. The timing will also be right because of the PD48 timeline. That or they can just stick with yuiyui but juri v saku seems to be the in thing right now lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Rank 81-100 (Temporary Name)

Oshimen:
    Tano Yuuka
    I get your point, we like to disprove rude and annyoing trolls but can we please not take it out on Takamina? She was Kami7 for five out of seven SSK, and (Media) Senbatsu/Top 9 for her entire AKB career so I don't understand why she shouldn't be involved in most AKB related stuff? :wtf: And in her announcement for her graduation she said she's announcing it so far ahead in time because she knows with her role in AKB as the Soukantoku it's gonna take some time to graduate, and she didn't like that it took longer than expected because she wanted to move on and become a solo singer. She had been an inofficial manager for at least the entire AKB group before that anyway and giving her that new title was just making it official. She received that title because they had a bad concert and she was the only one that went ahead and talked to Akipig. If you watch that Team Shuffle where she gets the Soukantoku role, she also goes and helps out collapsed members that are not her team members.

I don't know what she did apart from saying "I would really like to be #1 in this SSK because it's my last SSK". From the previous year, Takamina overtook Jurina, Sayanee and Paruru who we all know are still top contenders today (well Paruru graduated but she probably would still be really popular). I know they were only just starting to rise, but she still managed to overtake them. Did she whine about not being number 1 in her SSK speech? No, she encouraged the unranked girls to keep trying and that they shouldn't feel like they're not working hard enough. She also said she never had the desire to be center until this point because she always saw a lot of potential in other girls and wanted what would be best for the group; a center that would make AKB more popular (a lot of original members had/have this mentality where they cared more about the entire group's aims rather than their personal ones, which makes the old AKB more likeable to some people than the current one). And, because I know a lot of people hate it when someone plays the "last SSK" card and then doesn't stick to it, well, she didn't participate even though she was eligible.

And one last thing... duh, the fourth place got less votes than the third place. If you wanna play it like that, we can also say that Sakura got less votes in 2018 than the third place in 2015 (with a difference of over 20k votes). That doesn't mean that Sakura's third place is worth less.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Tashima Meru
    Hi all, does anyone make vote number comparison with last year SSK? I want to know whether the barrier is getting higher or lower compared to previous year so the pattern will help me on how much I save for meru next year lol [hehe], I figure maybe somebody have posted that in this thread already, thank you.