Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    If they leave and don't stay with Yoshimoto. Although there's reason to believe that ban isn't enforceable.

2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

There's only Rola's lawsuit so far to say that. I hope that draconian clause is conclusively struck down, 2 years out of the business can be a career-killer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    You forgot Koisuru Ribbon, from HKT's Kiss wa Matsushikanai no Deshouka.

Senbatsu chosen by Shige, lyrics by Boss, composed by Eretan. Only thing Aki-P did was approve it to go on the single.;)

• Informative Informative x 4
  4. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

There's also an SKE song written by Sato Mieko, "Bokura no Kizuna", but I'm not sure if Aki-P did the lyrics or if she did.
    I could've sworn Takamina and Sayanee also did some lyrics for AKB/NMB singles/albums, but I might be remembering wrong.

As far as Koi suru Ribbon...I thought the lyrics couldn't have been penned by Aki-P :lol: Glad to have that mystery cleared up!

5. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Sayanee is the composer of Ima Naraba, a SayaMilky duet. Aki-p is still the lyricist tho.

6. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Why do you say this? What makes a work uniquely aki pig?

7. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

The sentence composition was more simple than usual and the content just seemed like a younger person wrote it. Even at his most simple Aki-P writes a little more cleverly than that. Not knocking the Ribbon lyrics, I just think Aki-P's incapable of turning it down a level at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  8. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Since February this year, the '2-year-ban-in-entertainment' has been lifted out so NMB's 3rd gen draftees and upcoming 6th gen kks will not have this ridiculous law again. Also, for those who had signed the previous contract, they can consulate with management to cancel the clause.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Where's milky then?

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think non-compete clauses are generally unenforceable in Japan anyway -- meaning the contract may validly contain such a restrictive provision but a party cannot force the other party to abide by it. Unless the transferring person possesses some sort of trade secret which is not the case for the 48girls.

11. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

But this is Japan. They have a different culture. Suzuki Ami was blacklisted from the industry for suing her label. Many idols have been blacklisted because of their issues with their agency.

While the legality of it is questionable, it's certainly enforceable

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    She sacrificed herself so she could team up with Bunshun to fight against Yoshimoto :fear:

13. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think blacklisting is different from enforcing a contract clause. And I only talked about the non-compete contract clause, not what seems to be the practice in the industry where music companies agree among themselves not to employ a blacklisted employee. Enforcing a non-compete clause just means a company hired/wants to hire a former employee of another company and then the former company tries to void the hiring by enforcing the non-compete clause. I think the issues we hear about are that an employee that left cannot be hired by another or any other company.

So I think it's not that a person can't work for another company, it's that the other company (or any other company) doesn't hire that employee. I think it's to keep "power" with the music companies and not the performers. For example it's unheard of to "pirate" a singer from one company by simply offering more. Also, culture will impact what the practice is, not what the law is. The general law has a provision that says every person is free to choose his occupation and another general provision that says no person shall intervene in the employment of others.

Well someone else that knows about this topic specifically can correct me but that's what I think/know about non-compete clauses.

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Non-compete clauses are originally meant to protect Intellectual Property. And make sense, mostly, in that capacity. Look into the story of the Bratz dolls and Matel. There is an interesting, yet twisted, example of non-compete clauses.

Where it makes no sense, except to greedy as :poop: CEOs and Boardmembers, is applying it to entertainers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Here in the Netherland non-compete clauses in your contract were traditionally aimed at sales personel, so they wouldn't take their portfolio of customers and go to a competitor.
    Then after a while almost everybody had one, and it became a standard fixture in company wide terms of employment, until the government forbade those collective terms.
    So nowadays it has to be a part of your individual contract.
    Aside from that, no judge will enforce a non-compete clause if it would mean you wouldn't be able to work in your own profession (as in I used to be a system administrator and the company I worked for forbade employees to accept an job at customers, but as most Dutch companies used the accounting software 'we' made, it would have ment I would not be able to work anywhere else, in that case such a contract is considered unfair and can't be enforced)

Another fun fact, when the government forbade collective non-compete clauses the company I work(ed) for forgot to (re)negotiate individual non-compete clauses, that became pretty hilarious when they almost started begging to sign one, as legally I didn't have one anymore at the time :D

non-compete clauses are in fact pretty redundant, as you're not allowed to bring intellectual property with you to another company anyway, or use your knowledge to purposely hinder your previous employer.
    (but then again, that's here in the Netherlands)

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Lol, we got sidetracked by this non-compete clause. I think the principle is the same everywhere. Because a contract is a private agreement between two parties, the law generally doesn't interfere with provisions that are not illegal. But because a non-compete clause usually conflicts with general principles such as the right to choose your employment -- a provision like that will not be enforced by courts because of public policy. It is almost always enforceable if it is to protect proprietary information or if the employment is confidential in nature (ex. private secretary of CEO), none of which applies in the kind of employment we're talking about.

On topic: my cds from cd japan finally arrived haha. So much for the voting tickets although this is the first time shipping has been delayed this long -- and my method is airmail not sal.

17. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Article about the tv ratings, including historical data. They break the ratings by time slots. I will leave it in Japanese, because all you need to see are the numbers. The article shows the winner and votes plus total votes cast 総投票数. 瞬間最高 is peak rating.

第4回総選挙(12/06/06)会場:日本武道館
     1位:大島優子(10万8837票)/総投票数:138万4122票
     18.7%(19時00分~21時09分)

第5回総選挙(13/06/08)会場:日産スタジアム
     1位:指原莉乃(15万570票)/総投票数:264万6847票
     1部: 9.9%(18:30-19:00)
     2部:20.3%(19:00-21:15)※瞬間最高32.7%(21時01分)
     3部:13.2%(21:15-23:10)

第6回総選挙(14/06/07)会場:味の素スタジアム
     1位:渡辺麻友(15万9854票)/総投票数:268万9427票
     1部: 9.7%(18:30-19:00)
     2部:16.2%(19:00-21:22)※瞬間最高28.7%(21時04分)
     3部:11.4%(21:22-23:10)

第7 回総選挙(15/06/06)会場:福岡ヤフオク!ドーム
     1位:指原莉乃(19万4049票)/総投票数328万7736票
     1部: 7.5%(18:30-19:00)
     2部:10.3%(19:00-20:55)
     3部:18.8%(20:55-21:54)※瞬間最高23.4%(21時43分)

第8回総選挙(16/06/18)会場:HARD OFF ECOスタジアム新潟
     1位:指原莉乃(24万3011票)/総投票数325万5400票
     1部: 6.2%(18:30-19:00)
     2部: 8.7%(19:00-20:51)
     3部:17.6%(20:51-21:24)※瞬間最高19.9%(21時10分)

第9回総選挙(17/06/17)会場:豊見城市立中央公民館
     1位:指原莉乃(24万6376票)/総投票数:338万2368票
     1部: 6.1%(19:00-20:49)
     2部:13.2%(20:49-21:24) ※瞬間最高16.2%(20時57分)

第10回総選挙(18/06/16)会場:ナゴヤドーム
     1位:松井珠理奈(19万4453票)/総投票数:383万6652票
     1部: 5.7%(19:00-20:51)            
     2部:11.0%(20:51-21:24)※瞬間最高13.8%(20時59分)

https://www.dailyshincho.jp/article/2018/06251620/?all=1&page=2

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Elmagnifico

Elmagnifico Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhanilaksani
    Anyone can help me, where i can find speech member translation sekai Senbatsu sousenkyo? Because i want to know what they say...

19. qwerty_2000

qwerty_2000 Kenkyuusei

Will there be a mizugi surprise pb like last year?

20. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Which member's speech are you looking for? Some links were already posted before and you can also try checking that specific member's thread.